PDA

View Full Version : Leak Diagnostic

Misha
02-05-2003, 06:12 PM
After an extended period of denial even I have to admit that my results are not what I would like them to be. So, I reached the brilliant conclusion that my game has some serious leaks in it.

"Hi, my name is Misha, and I'm a leaker."

Furthermore, I've read and re-read many of the books, and had several (2), more successful, players watch my game. Throughout this, my leaks have remained a mystery.

So, where do I go from here. Specifically what should I do to discover my leaks? Please note that suggestions about possible leaks is not being sought. Yes, I could be playing to loose, or too tight, or not aggressive enough, or whatever. My question is, what should I do to discover what the leaks are?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly welcome.

Thanks!

Misha

Ed Miller
02-06-2003, 01:31 AM
Post at least one hand from each session. Post some that you even might think are routine... you might find out that you are misplaying common situations over and over again.

DannyP
02-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Keep a journal with as much detail as you can remember from a session (or if you're not self concious after each hand) or if you play online keep a log of your play. Analyze your play away from the heat of the action and look not only for persistent errors but also times you may drift away from correct play on hands you otherwise play correctly (eg. playing tired, steaming, hubris (Im so hot I can play anything right now!), short stack etc.)

As you say, you are leaking...not gushing, and with expected earnings of only a big bet or two an hour, it doesnt take much leaking to turn that into the red.