PDA

View Full Version : Best Tracking Software - Another Attempt

microbet
07-02-2005, 02:49 PM
A rash of tracking software posts.

Well, if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

What is the best tracking software? At the moment I just manually enter SNGs in the old Aleo spreadsheet. Paralysis of too many choices. Other than a PT demo, I haven't tried any other options and would appreciate comments from people who are using them and corrections to my summaries. Here they are as far as I know:

Pokertracker
Moderately priced commercial software. In order for data to be properly inserted into db, without having to manually edit something, you need to have HHs emailed to you and then import them into PT. PT gives you loads of stats on you and your opponents, but maybe not the graphs that the excel sheets do that so many of us like. There is a free program called Playerview that works in conjunction with PT that lets you see data on opponents while you are playing.

PokerOffice
Just like PT only a bit more expensive. It comes with something like playerview. Seems like less people write software that interacts with PokerOffice, but still it seems like it might be better than PT to me. My understanding is that PO will import tourneys correctly from your hard-drive for Party.

Aleo Spreadsheet
This has been through a lot since I downloaded it. Apparently the latest versions will update directly from your hard-drive for Party and skins. This software does a very very good job at tracking how you are doing as far as winning/losing tourneys, but doesn't record individual hands.

SNG something by Hood
Never seen it. I think it is an auto-importing excel spreadsheet like the Aleo guide, but maybe it is a stand-alone application with similar functionality.

SuitedSixes
07-02-2005, 03:23 PM
I used to keep track of things on both Pokertracker and the AM spreadsheet, but it got to be too much work for the double the results. I was playing the $11s and would literally go weeks without seeing an opponent I had already played before.

Now I am playing the $55s and the player pool is much smaller so having some intel on the opposition seems like a good idea, so I have gone back to PT. I don't use any of the HU display things that you can add on to it. Do any of you find these to be indispensible?

Ryendal
07-02-2005, 03:54 PM
I bought pokertracker 0 months ago and use an gm-mail but finally I almost do not use this soft.
I like sng-tracker, where I get easily my ROI,My Profit and some other stuff.

Maulik
07-18-2005, 04:00 PM
bump, because I would like to know what everyone uses?

I already have PT and could use that but am considering other options.

ty

The Don
07-18-2005, 04:05 PM
I like Hood's program because it is easiest to import and it gives me all of the stats I need.

Geordie Ramone
07-18-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like Hood's program because it is easiest to import and it gives me all of the stats I need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sabrazack
07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Hoods program is the nuts, just press the refresh button and it imports all the tournaments if you set up the watches right.

valenzuela
07-18-2005, 04:16 PM
I like my spreadsheet, anyway what features do other spreadsheets have that nobody makes one of their own on excel???

ChoicestHops
07-18-2005, 04:18 PM
I use PT, however I bought PT when I first started playing ring games at .05/1 over a half year ago.

SNG Tracker is awesome, I like the graphs and functions it has and right now it is free.

ZeroPointMachine
07-18-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm on the SNG Tracker bandwagon. It's simple, but very functional.

I think some of the programming gurus should take what he's got and add some hand history parsing (for individual hands) and this could be developed into the perfect SNG tool.