PDA

View Full Version : Big Bluff Revisited

CardSharpCook
07-02-2005, 02:44 PM
After that 82o hand I had to do some deep thinking. I came to the conclusion that I simply have to keep these plays in my repetiore.

Me - 14000
Villian - 22000

Blinds 2/400
Villian has been an agro blind stealer from LP. He is a young kid who wears sunglasses, headphones, and tries to look tough. He is also a damn fine poker player. I have reraised him PF once (with 33 /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

I have KQo in the SB.

PF:
villian in the CO makes a standard raise to 1200. I think about playing back, but decide to call. BB folds.

Flop:
T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I check after pondering for about 45 secs. He instantly fires out 2500. I nod discouragingly and then start to thinking. I had a tough time making this decision and almost tossed it, but then I come out of the tank and push my remaining 12K into the pot. He makes me sweat it for about 30 secs before folding.

This was partially read-based. The way he threw out the chips seemed like he was looking for information from me or putting me to the test. He wasn't thinking about gettting more money for his hand (IMHO). The situation was so very similar to the other hand I posted. About 20% of the field remaining, and while the chips would have been helpful, they weren't necessary. But the opportunity was there....

Sirio and I had had breakfast that morning and the first thing he said was, "I liked that 82 hand." That meant a lot to me as I was certainly doubting myself after that bust-out. I ended up finishing 84th of 1010 for my first ITM at the WSOP. A whopping $3,485 pay day for a 3k event. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

My last WSOP tourney is tomorrow - 3K Limit. Wish me luck. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CSC

Jason Strasser
07-02-2005, 10:42 PM
WHAT

HAND

ARE

YOU

REPRESENTING

AJo Go All In
07-02-2005, 11:13 PM

Chief911
07-02-2005, 11:17 PM