PDA

View Full Version : A9s in BB with 14xBBs

AlphaWice
07-02-2005, 01:24 PM
A9s in BB with 14xBBs, folds to button, who minraises, SB folds, I cold call.

Flop A73 rainbow, (I have backdoor flushdraw.) I check, he bets 4xBB (pot), I push.

good line?

freemoney
07-02-2005, 01:26 PM
its ok, a better hand isnt folding and if hes behind hes way behind so just call and let him bluff the turn if he has nothing, u let him off too cheap with a worse hand IMO.

kyro
07-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Well, given almost nothing to work with, I can't answer with complete certainty.

But sure.

AlphaWice
07-02-2005, 01:28 PM
my thinking is he doesnt give me credit for ace??

xLukex
07-02-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my thinking is he doesnt give me credit for ace??

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or you're crushed.

Information on player? Level of the blinds? Players left? Buy-in? Your table image?

Matt R.
07-02-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm not sure he'd pot it without an ace? This is a hand that's very difficult to play without any reads on your opponent. Would he min-raise from the button with Ax and AT+ both? There's really no way of knowing (err... guessing) if you're outkicked without more information. I would expect him to have an ace when he potted it on the flop. I think a better line against an unknown opponent would be to lead out for 3/4 of the pot or so. He'll let you know if he's unafraid of the ace with a raise.

DJ Sensei
07-02-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure he'd pot it without an ace? This is a hand that's very difficult to play without any reads on your opponent. Would he min-raise from the button with Ax and AT+ both? There's really no way of knowing (err... guessing) if you're outkicked without more information. I would expect him to have an ace when he potted it on the flop. I think a better line against an unknown opponent would be to lead out for 3/4 of the pot or so. He'll let you know if he's unafraid of the ace with a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, the checkraise is a fine play if you suspect the button will make a continuation bet at the pot on the flop, but a full pot is a very strong bet. If you checkraise push here, you're only getting called by a hand that beats you (unless he has a worse ace than yours and makes a questionable call).

I agree that more information is necessary too on stack sizes, number left, etc. If villain leaves himself without many chips, you know he isnt going anywhere if you push. However, if you're one of the mid-short stacks and he's a bigstack, its more likely that he's bullying you out of the pot with a hand that you beat.