PDA

View Full Version : Nasty River

Inthacup
02-05-2003, 04:31 PM
3 6 online

I'm in Cutoff, 1 limper to me, I limp w/ A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif , Button limps, blinds call.

Flop: 10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet, BB, MP call.

Turn: 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Checked to me, I bet, BB calls, MP folds

River: 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

BB bets out, what now?

gaylord focker
02-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Thats not a nasty river, its about the biggest blank card in the deck. He called you on the flop and turn, and unless he plays horribly it pretty tough to put him two plain overcards. Seems that the only logical draw out there was the club draw, which you had, so I doubt he was on clubs. You cant beat anything but a stone cold bluff, so it looks like an easy fold to me. I would think he has a ten, and figured if you bet he was going to call anyway, so he put his money in first. Also, If I had an eight, thats probably just about how I would have played it.

JTG51
02-05-2003, 04:48 PM
BB bets out, what now?

Fold.

I'm not crazy about the limp preflop. If the limper is a weak player I'd often raise a hand like A6s from the cutoff.

Inthacup
02-05-2003, 05:09 PM
If my goal is hitting a flush, then I'd say that's pretty nasty.

Zag
02-06-2003, 03:00 PM
Wasn't your bet on the flop meant to buy you a free river card if the turn missed you? Why did you bet the turn?

On the river, there are 7 bets in the pot, you beat most bluffs and nothing else, so it is a pretty simple question: Is there more than a 12.5% chance this guy is bluffing?

Assuming he has functioning neurons (not always a safe assumption at this level), with a 10 he would have either bet out or check-raised on the flop. With and 8 he would have bet out or check-raised the turn. I put him on a small pair, a busted straight draw, a busted flush draw, or overcards. Sure, call him down.

Inthacup
02-07-2003, 12:02 AM
I folded. It seemed too much like he was scared I would check behind. This guy was an average player as you can tell from my lack of description of him. I felt it was much more likely that he had a small full house of some sort rather than a busted draw bluff. Against others it would be an easy call.

Preflop: I've heard a lot about raising Axs on this board. I've tried it and it hasn't yielded great results for me. I guess it's not a hand I feel very comfortable playing aggressively.