PDA

View Full Version : What would you have done?

bna3545
07-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Just curious what others may have done in this situation:

There are 3 people left including myself and I'm in the Big Blind holding pockets Aces with about 2100 chips. The Small Blind goes on all-in with 2200 chips. I called and lost to a set of 2's as he was holding pocket 2's. Any comments?

Thanks...

Karak567
07-02-2005, 10:23 AM
sigh

TStokes
07-02-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sigh

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably find it in myself to call

ewing55
07-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I would immediately sign up on 2+2 and immediately make a no content, bad beat post as my first post.

Where's Citanul when we need him????????????
My post just seems so lame compared to his rantings!

--------------Jeff

bna3545
07-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Nice to meet you too

MeanGreenTT
07-02-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice to meet you too

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, no offense, but what kind of reply would you like to hear?

So you had the best starting hand possible and it got snapped, damn sure hope that never happens to me...

Want someone to tell you to fold Aces pre-flop 'cause you know someone's gonna hit a Set?

Seriously...people who've played THOUSANDS of hands more than I can out beat my bad beats, you really think anyone is gonna cry you a river here?

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it happens to us all, and the longer you play, the more you'll see it...better grow a set now /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bna3545
07-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone would fold in this situation on a step 5. I play hundreds of SNGs, I'm not a novice and I do not want any sympathy and was not the purpose of the post. I didn't mean it to offend anyone, seriousely.

Thank you though for your comments as I will take them into consideration if I make any further posts.

xcrack999
07-02-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to see if anyone would fold in this situation on a step 5

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it matters if it's a step 5 or step bazillion. Anyone who folds here should quit poker and start his own fortune-telling business.

ChuckyB
07-02-2005, 11:58 PM
The only time you should ever fold AA pre-flop is when you're three-handed in the BB, both players ahead of you are all in, and if by folding you'll ensure that you'll earn an ass-load more money (we're talking thousands).

lastchance
07-03-2005, 12:18 AM
I don't fold AA there unless I have no stack at all.

You should fold AA when 7+ players go all-in in front of you in the first hand.

david050173
07-03-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to see if anyone would fold in this situation on a step 5. I play hundreds of SNGs, I'm not a novice and I do not want any sympathy and was not the purpose of the post. I didn't mean it to offend anyone, seriousely.

Thank you though for your comments as I will take them into consideration if I make any further posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your going to fold every hand if someone in front of you goes all in preflop? There are like a half dozen situations where folding aces makes sense (satellite where you can fold in to the money, multiple all ins which will really move you up the prize ladder, keeping a really small stack alive, folding where winning the hand will not help you survive but someone else is already all in and has been called,....). If you want to make bad beat posts, do it with KK. You can at least make some arguments for folding that preflop..

CaptSensible
07-03-2005, 03:25 AM
I would have called. You HAVE to call with AA. At the start of the hand you have him beat with the best possible two cards. Not much more you can ask for. He caught his set. It happens. I'll call that big of an all in everytime with AA