PDA

View Full Version : [22s] Top Set on Flop, Packed Field!

MeanGreenTT
07-02-2005, 09:04 AM
I really don't know if this is even worth discussing or not but here goes, and sorry about the narrative as I can't for the life of me find the hh....

Hand occurs early during level 2. I limp from lp behind several other limpers with 99 and it's raised behind me to either T80 or T100, I honestly don't recall which but I DO remember for sure that everyone called and the pot was approximately T600, approx 6 players.

Flop comes down 359, rainbow, Top Set!!! The betting is led out at T80 and is called by all, it's up to you...

Flat-call here looking to JAM the Turn, hoping someone catches 2nd best....I mean honestly, do I have much fear of anything dropping on the next card?

Raise to around T250 or so, looking to get a couple of takers and sweeten the pot, looking to take it down on the Turn?

Jam the pot NOW, hopefully taking it down right now or getting into hu or 3-way action?

I'm going to continue to look for the actual hh, thanks!

NYCNative
07-02-2005, 09:12 AM
I can think of only a few situations where I would slow-play a set and this is one of them - you have the nuts, no flush draw and any straight draw seems quite unlikely.

That said, the only card that would cause me to not speed up very quickly on the turn would be the last 9. So yeah, I smooth-call the flop and then make a big raise/bet on the turn because almost any card will be scary.

brimstone1
07-02-2005, 09:39 AM
I push the flop. Take it down as it is, 600+ is more than enough.

You know that dumbass is lurking with A2o waiting for his 4 to turn.

MeanGreenTT
07-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback so far, appreciate it!

kyro
07-02-2005, 12:09 PM
I don't think you need to push it, but calling is ridiculous. Think about it. 6 people to the flop for about 600 total. 6 people call an 80 chip bet to make the pot 1080. They will call a raise. What do you have behind, 620? Make it about 250 and get it all in on the turn.

vinyard
07-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Yep. I make a slightly less than half pot sized bet here and hope for some smooth calls or a re-raise over the top. Assuming I don;t get put all-in after my re-raise I push the turn.

autobet
07-02-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Make it about 250 and get it all in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep

MeanGreenTT
07-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks again...I wasnt to start posting more hands that fall under the category, "I won it, but that doesn't mean the play was right" posts /images/graemlins/wink.gif

adanthar
07-02-2005, 05:35 PM
I will not always raise this, mostly because the PFR is behind you and there's a decent chance he'll raise/push if you just call. This way, you'll often get an overcall in there.

Most of the time, when I think he's an idiot, I

[ QUOTE ]
make it about 250 and get it all in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]