PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry, but this grosses me out beyond comprehension.

Sooga
07-02-2005, 05:57 AM
This is something I noticed here in Japan, that I know happens in the States too, and no matter who or what is involved, it just turns my stomach.

Last night at dinner, my cousin's dogs were yipping all over the floor, and one of them eventually got up on my cousin's lap. My cousin broke the dog off some of her chicken and fed it to the dog, but after that, she picked up some more food with her chopsticks and fed it straight to the dog, with the dog licking the chopsticks clean. Then my cousin went back for more food. The thing is, in Japan, it's typical to eat 'family style', where there are a lot of big plates of food out in the center, and everyone just takes what they want. After I saw this, I couldn't eat anymore. I mean, I'm ok with animals and all, but christ, I have my limits. If I were to ever meet my 'soul mate' and she did something like this, I'd break it off right there.

sexdrugsmoney
07-02-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is something I noticed here in Japan, that I know happens in the States too, and no matter who or what is involved, it just turns my stomach.

Last night at dinner, my cousin's dogs were yipping all over the floor, and one of them eventually got up on my cousin's lap. My cousin broke the dog off some of her chicken and fed it to the dog, but after that, she picked up some more food with her chopsticks and fed it straight to the dog, with the dog licking the chopsticks clean. Then my cousin went back for more food. The thing is, in Japan, it's typical to eat 'family style', where there are a lot of big plates of food out in the center, and everyone just takes what they want. After I saw this, I couldn't eat anymore. I mean, I'm ok with animals and all, but christ, I have my limits. If I were to ever meet my 'soul mate' and she did something like this, I'd break it off right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're racist. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DemonDeac
07-02-2005, 07:38 AM
that is pretty nasty. id get pissed. id prolly say something

Lawrence Ng
07-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Why does this gross you out?

The dog has no germs and very likely is healthy without disease.

The fact that you eat a hamburger with your unwashed hands after it's over the steering wheel of your car is more gross than a dog licking the chopsticks clean and then having those chopsticks back in the plates.

Lawrence

sexdrugsmoney
07-02-2005, 07:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why does this gross you out?

The dog has no germs and very likely is healthy without disease.

The fact that you eat a hamburger with your unwashed hands after it's over the steering wheel of your car is more gross than a dog licking the chopsticks clean and then having those chopsticks back in the plates.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

Muslims believe dogs saliva is dirty, I don't know.

What I do know is that dogs put their tongues in a wide range of dirty places and that shouldn't progress to your mouth.

Sooga
07-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Perhaps.. but when I eat my burger, it's just me eating it. If one of my friends came in and started touching all my food after their hands were on a steering wheel I'd be grossed out just the same.

Plus, while a dog's tongue may be without diseases, he also uses it to clean his genitalia.

Sooga
07-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Yea, I don't know dude... I feel really uncomfortable being in someone else's house and telling them what they should be doing.

TStoneMBD
07-02-2005, 09:00 AM
no reason to be sorry. its gross.

Cyrus
07-02-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then my cousin went back for more food.

[/ QUOTE ] Gross and inconsiderate.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, I'm OK with animals and all, but christ, I have my limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm more than "OK" with all other animals, but I eat and [censored] separately from them, so that I don't give them any diseases and they don't give me any.

Jack of Arcades
07-02-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The dog has no germs

[/ QUOTE ]

???

A dog's mouth is filthy.

Edginator
07-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Be thankful that you weren't having the dog for dinner...

sexdrugsmoney
07-02-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Be thankful that you weren't having the dog for dinner...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's west to korea! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MoreWineII
07-02-2005, 11:01 AM
I french-kiss my dog sometimes...but only when she's been extraordinarily good.

But insofar as a clean mouth means one that is less likely to cause disease, consider that germs tend to be species specific. Harmful dog germs are usually harmless for humans, unless we're talking about rabies, a disease that affects dogs and people in equally damaging ways. But generally, humans are immune to most dog germs. Likewise, human germs probably won't harm a dog. But human germs can harm humans, of course. So a bite from a human mouth full of harmful bacteria may very well be more damaging than a dog bite, even if the dog's mouth is full of harmful dog germs.

sexdrugsmoney
07-02-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

But insofar as a clean mouth means one that is less likely to cause disease, consider that germs tend to be species specific. Harmful dog germs are usually harmless for humans, unless we're talking about rabies, a disease that affects dogs and people in equally damaging ways. But generally, humans are immune to most dog germs. Likewise, human germs probably won't harm a dog. But human germs can harm humans, of course. So a bite from a human mouth full of harmful bacteria may very well be more damaging than a dog bite, even if the dog's mouth is full of harmful dog germs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sauce?

OtisTheMarsupial
07-02-2005, 12:24 PM
I agree. Dog saliva is not going to get you sick.

But you can be grossed out by whatever the hell you want to be grossed out about. Hey, some people are disgusted by cheese on apple pie, others can't stand to see deformed toes...
Whatever.

It's trivial, but so is much of life. I'm not going to tell you to 'get over' your silly repulsion of dog-licked food. Who cares?

Keep your irrational fears. Just keep them to yourself.

Emmitt2222
07-02-2005, 01:36 PM
I heard somewhere that a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's so I looked it up. The truth is that it could either be cleaner or dirtier. For example, my small house dog only eats the food that we give her each day and her bones makes her teeth clean so her mouth is probably cleaner than mine. It would still gross me out some if she licked someone's spoon and they stuck it in a family dish, but in actuality it wouldn't be a big deal. For other dog's who are outside much more, however, their mouth's are usually much worse because of what they are eating. Most dogs will at least nibble on anything that they come across including dead animals and crap. In this case I may want to throw up if I know the dog had been chewing on a dead bird earlier that day, only to have now touched its toungue to my rice.

Moral of the story. Either way it isn't very polite, but germs wise it could vary greatly from pretty sanitary to dangerous.

TiltsMcFabulous
07-02-2005, 01:54 PM
I sure as hell wouldn't let a dog lick my mouth, so this sort of this grosses me out enormously. I would immediately tell the cousin that what just happened was beyond rude and disgusting, politely say my goodbyes, leave and go eat something else.

LeatherFace
07-02-2005, 01:57 PM
i let my bitch ass girlfriend kiss me so why not this dog?

Charlemagne
07-02-2005, 04:59 PM
I dont even care about the germs.. its just disgusting!

Dynasty
07-02-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The dog has no germs

[/ QUOTE ]

???

A dog's mouth is filthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's so filthy, how come they use it to clean their balls?

Jules Winnfield
07-02-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A dog's mouth is filthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

The Stranger
07-02-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The dog has no germs

[/ QUOTE ]

???

A dog's mouth is filthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's so filthy, how come they use it to clean their balls?

[/ QUOTE ]

what else are they going to use?

dlk9s
07-05-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A dog's mouth is filthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

[/ QUOTE ]

But would you let a dog touch your Kahuna Burger?

AngryCola
07-05-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The dog has no germs

[/ QUOTE ]

???

A dog's mouth is filthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

Your mouth is extremely more 'filthy' than that of a dog.

sexdrugsmoney
07-05-2005, 08:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The dog has no germs

[/ QUOTE ]

???

A dog's mouth is filthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you french kiss a dog?

AngryCola
07-05-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but that has nothing to with the dog's hygiene.

Soh
07-05-2005, 01:14 PM
"...in Japan, it's typical to eat 'family style', where there are a lot of big plates of food out in the center, and everyone just takes what they want."

It's one of the styles but not our typical style.

Just wanted to clarify.

Soh

CORed
07-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Although I really don't care to eat food with dog spit in it, I should point out that you are much more likely to catch someting from a member of your own species than from a dog.

brassnuts
07-05-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The dog has no germs

[/ QUOTE ]

???

A dog's mouth is filthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't french kiss an old lady, and it's not because her mouth is dirty.