PDA

View Full Version : BOSTON

somethingstupid
07-02-2005, 02:22 AM
Ok so I have only lived here a short period of time (9 months). But the people here are dickheads. I am from the midwest so I'm used to friendly people. Why are people in this ares such assholes? Suggestions are appreciated, as are flames. As are comments about how Boston blows.

P.S. -- My general scene:

I go out to bars 3 times / week, usually by Boylston / Harvard square / beacon hill / the alley.

TStoneMBD
07-02-2005, 03:17 AM
bump this thread because it makes me happy /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

fluxrad
07-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Methinks this is just a result of the standard New England brusqueness you'll find in...um...New England.

I think it's just a different type of attitude. The people in that neck of the woods aren't so much dickheads as just very abrupt.

wacki
07-02-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But the people here are dickheads. I am from the midwest so I'm used to friendly people. Why are people in this ares such assholes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard about the Masshole stereotype from people in 8 different countries. BTW, TStoneMBD where are you from?

sublime
07-02-2005, 03:47 AM
its the northeast, you will find the same attitudes in NYC.

btw, i agree with you. most of the people i come in contact with on a daily basis i cant stand.

TStoneMBD
07-02-2005, 07:01 AM
im from new york but currently reside in CT. new yorkers certainly dont have better attitudes than boston residents do, from my small experiences with boston folk. both cities seem to breed pretty mean people. CT people seem to be really nice though. i think its the whole rich countryside type attitude which is very nice.

spamuell
07-02-2005, 07:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But the people here are dickheads.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because you're a dickhead. Look at your last few posts which are in response to legitimate threads, not stupid questions:

Get drunk immediatly.

change your screenname

Get drunk first. Then cross the street.

Next time you think about starting a thread like this, get drunk instead.

Try drinking more

Get really really drunk first.

I think you spend too much time at OOT.

Get really drunk all the time.

change your phone number

consider getting involved in the real world

Stuff like this is why people are a dickhead to you. Furthermore, you might have a drinking problem.

DemonDeac
07-02-2005, 07:37 AM
stop being a pussy and man up. its not a nice world out there. if u want everyone to treat you like you're a goddamn prince,get the hell outta here and marry a princess. i love the attitude that people got. ya gotta give it right back to em.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Welcome to the Northeast.

I lived in the Boston area for 33 years (I grew up in NJ about 20 miles from NYC)

You are now in the land of the hyper-competitive and hyper-suspicious. Adapt, or get thee to Kansas City. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

kenberman
07-02-2005, 10:16 AM
people in the Northeast (Boston, NYC, Philly, maybe DC) are aggresive, and can seem abrupt. Boston in a very small city with some of the top hospitals, universities, and investment companies in the world, as well as a very high cost/standard of living. It can be tough to compete here, which may contribute to stress/aggresiveness. Lots of similar things could be said about NYC.

It's like the speech goes..."live in NY, but leave before it makes your hard...live in California once, but leave before it makes you soft".

BeerMoney
07-02-2005, 11:11 AM
The women are the worst.. Quote from a guy I went to HS. with.. "In Boston, all the women are 7's but act like 10's.. Everywhere else they're 10's but act like 7's." It was the smartest thing this guy ever said.

I think Bostonian's have a clever wit about them. The most interesting/funniest people I've met have all been from Boston. Boston also has the best food. (Roast Beef Sandwiches with SAUCE!!!)

DemonDeac
07-02-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Boston also has the best food. (Roast Beef Sandwiches with SAUCE!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that Arby's? There are lots of those. haha

TheIrishThug
07-02-2005, 11:41 AM
i grew up near nyc and started going to college in boston and was suprised at how nice ppl were

John Gaspar
07-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Absolutely true...on both counts.

BeerMoney
07-02-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow!! ARBY's BLOWS!!!! Anybody who has had a nice Roast Beef sandwich in MA wouldn't touch an Arby's piece of crap.

DemonDeac
07-02-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow!! ARBY's BLOWS!!!! Anybody who has had a nice Roast Beef sandwich in MA wouldn't touch an Arby's piece of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know. i know. i was just joking. the whole roast beef with sauce, ya know.