PDA

View Full Version : What is the best tracking software?

Pokerprowannabe
07-02-2005, 01:49 AM
I would like to start tracking my poker history but have no idea which tracking software to use? Any thoughts as to which is the best/easiest to use?

thanks

ZBTHorton
07-02-2005, 02:32 AM
PokerTracker

Do a search.

Pokerprowannabe
07-02-2005, 03:20 AM
Does anyone have anything good/bad to say about poker tracker? Is there anything better out there? I'd like to get some feedback before I spend the $55

clutch
07-02-2005, 04:24 AM
Pokertracker is it, honestly. Nothing currently available compares.

Xenod
07-02-2005, 04:39 AM
If the cost is an issue, there are ways to get it for free through some sort of affiliate site, assuming you don't have an account on every site and that you're willing to play a bunch of raked hands. I can reffer you to one if you want.

trdi
07-02-2005, 07:13 AM
I don't know... Is there an easy way I can edit tournament summaries for PS SNGs? I haven't a way to do it.
Also how can I easily see all hands of some player? I want to see all hands, regardless of did he show them or not.

What's wrong with Poker Office? I tried the demo, but it's so crippled that I can't really see the real possibilities. Maybe an owner of it could help:
- obviously I couldn't edit summaries because you can't edit database in the demo version. But you can edit them very easy, while in Poker Tracker I'm not sure you can do it at all, if you haven't imported them before.
- the similar problem as with Poker Tracker but even bigger... where can I see hands?!?! Does Poker Office have a replayer?

petvan
07-02-2005, 09:00 AM
You can't see hands which weren't shown through normal play. However, keep in mind that any hand you bring to showdown is seen, and logged in PT, even when your opponent mucks.

PT does log all these hands an you can select any opponent and see or replay all hands they played. In practise, unless you play ring, I don't find this very useful. I tend to see the same opponents once per 200 games or so based upon my lack of frequency in play. I suppose if you 8 table or otherwise play a lot of games, you'll see more of the same players, but for me, opponent hand histories aren't very useful.

I use PT and PO, though I only use PO for live tracker if I am going to play 2 tables vs 4 which I've been doing lately. It is somewhat interesting, but I haven't explored much of the rest of it.

P

trdi
07-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Perhaps I didn't express myself correctly. Of course you can't see hole cards, which weren't shown in the game.
- Let's say that I want to review a game, where some guy was strangely betting into me but folded on the river. I want to find that game and replay it. Not to see his hole cards, of course, but just to see what was going on. How can I do it (other than review all my hands.)

You have PO? Great. Tell me, does it have a replayer at all? Let's say you want to see one of the last games of some sng you have played a week ago. How would you do it?