PDA

View Full Version : 3-6 6 max: capping the turn?

intensify1
07-02-2005, 01:26 AM
This is getting sick. How do i counter players who cap the turn on draws. It's sick when they come also. Any thoughts on how to handle this?

jman220
07-02-2005, 01:30 AM
You'd do a lot better to post specific hand histories than ask a general question like that, which is very difficult to answer as it is situation/player dependent. As for what to do about the draws coming, grin and bear it, thats variance.

jman220
07-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Oh, and if you're heads up, and you've got a player capping your turn with nothing but a weak draw where you're still a big favorite, well I'd be quite happy about that and continue playing with him whenever possible.

intensify1
07-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Sorry about that, I am new to posting and the ability to use the hand generator, is up and coming. The hand in question was this:

Hero is BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
everyone folds to an aggressive button.
He raises small blind folds Hero 3 bets.

Flop comes:

T /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

hero check raises the flop.
the turn brings

7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets and it goes to capping the river brings x /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Heor checks and calls villian turns over AQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

smb394
07-02-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is getting sick. How do i counter players who cap the turn on draws. It's sick when they come also. Any thoughts on how to handle this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Add these players to your buddy list.

intensify1
07-02-2005, 01:46 AM
ofcourse they all get love notes for future reference

jman220
07-02-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry about that, I am new to posting and the ability to use the hand generator, is up and coming. The hand in question was this:

Hero is BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
everyone folds to an aggressive button.
He raises small blind folds Hero 3 bets.

Flop comes:

T /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

hero check raises the flop.
the turn brings

7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets and it goes to capping the river brings x /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Heor checks and calls villian turns over AQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop and flop look fine. Turn I'm not sure I 3-bet, but if your read is that villain is overaggro with draws I guess its ok. I check-call the river as well.