PDA

View Full Version : ICM calc question

A_PLUS
07-02-2005, 12:55 AM
After making WAY too many deposits into the equity bank this week, I have decided to avoid my usual tilt-o-rama and work on some projects I have been putting off.

I have been working on an open push EV program for mid level MTT play. I wanted to add an ICM calculation to it for my SNG play as well. So my question is...

When calculating 3rd place equity with 10 players remaining, is it correct to:

Prob(player 1 finishes 3rd) =
[(P2 chips+P3 chips)/Total]*[P1 chips/remaining total]
+ [(P2 chips+P4 chips)/Total]*[P1 chips/remaining total]
+ [(P2 chips+P5 chips)/Total]*[P1 chips/remaining total]

and so on, using the % of total chips as the weight for each potential 1st and 2nd combo?

pergesu
07-02-2005, 12:59 AM
There's a wonderful program for open-pushing calcs in SNGs...Sit n Go Power Tools (http://www.sitngo-analyzer.com/)

A_PLUS
07-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Of course that is a great program. Unfortunately, I am the type who learns best if I build it myself.

Anyone know if my calc is right. Feels right to me

A_PLUS
07-02-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After making WAY too many deposits into the equity bank this week, I have decided to avoid my usual tilt-o-rama and work on some projects I have been putting off.

I have been working on an open push EV program for mid level MTT play. I wanted to add an ICM calculation to it for my SNG play as well. So my question is...

When calculating 3rd place equity with 10 players remaining, is it correct to:

Prob(player 1 finishes 3rd) =
[(P2 chips+P3 chips)/Total]*[P1 chips/remaining total]
+ [(P2 chips+P4 chips)/Total]*[P1 chips/remaining total]
+ [(P2 chips+P5 chips)/Total]*[P1 chips/remaining total]

and so on, using the % of total chips as the weight for each potential 1st and 2nd combo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgot that I would need to scale the above weights for (1-prob(Player A is 1st or 2nd)??

microbet
07-02-2005, 03:29 AM
ICM (http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~sharnett/ICM/info.html)

You'll find info on ICM there, including code.

A_PLUS
07-02-2005, 03:49 AM
thanks!