PDA

View Full Version : 86s blind steal

MHarris
07-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Game has broken a little, we're down to 6-handed. I've been very active, doing lots of preflop raising and playing very aggressively postflop. BB in this hand seems pretty average, but has made some very weak plays postflop and has also check-3-bet the flop with A-high.

It's folded to me in the SB with 8c6c. I raise, BB 3-bets, I call.

Flop is Jc 7s 5s. I bet, he raises, I call.

Turn is the Td. I check, he bets, I call.

River is the Jh. I bet......

MHarris
07-02-2005, 01:27 AM
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

DrewOnTilt
07-02-2005, 06:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Game has broken a little, we're down to 6-handed. I've been very active, doing lots of preflop raising and playing very aggressively postflop. BB in this hand seems pretty average, but has made some very weak plays postflop and has also check-3-bet the flop with A-high.

It's folded to me in the SB with 8c6c. I raise, BB 3-bets, I call.

Flop is Jc 7s 5s. I bet, he raises, I call.

Turn is the Td. I check, he bets, I call.

River is the Jh. I bet......

[/ QUOTE ]

If he plays weakly postflop then he's not likely to be betting the turn with absolutely nothing.

On the river, are you trying to get him to fold a higher-card flush draw? Exactly what is he going to call with that we beat?

Chris Daddy Cool
07-02-2005, 06:35 AM
i'm sorry but your river bet isn't believable at all.

MHarris
07-02-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he plays weakly postflop

[/ QUOTE ]

He did play weakly sometimes, but like I said in the original post, he check/3-bet a flop an orbit earlier with A-high. I didn't have a ton of hands with him, but he seemed like he would try to force aggression here and there.

[ QUOTE ]
On the river, are you trying to get him to fold a higher-card flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, better busted draw, or basically any air he was raising me with, which I can't beat anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly what is he going to call with that we beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't really think of anything we're beating here, so I'm not hoping for a call.

thejameser
07-02-2005, 10:23 AM
if you had a J you would lead that turn.

MHarris
07-02-2005, 10:34 AM
The bet was not about representing a J, although it may have been an added benefit.