PDA

View Full Version : AC Trop poker rates, etc.

2+2Mike
02-05-2003, 11:51 AM
In March I am going to be taking a quick overnight trip to the Tropicana in AC and would like to take advantage of their poker room rate. Can someone please tell me what the procedure is for getting one of those player cards and how long does it take to set up. I have no experience in this but last time I was at the Trop I think I was the only person at the table without a card. I assume that the ID card is what registers your playing time and that is what qualifies a person for the poker room rate?

Thanks.

Jeffage
02-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Mike,

Getting a poker card set up takes no time at all...fill out a form, get ur picture taken and then have it on the table at all times so it can be scanned by the floor people every hour. You get $1 an hr for low limits, $2.11 for high limits and can use this for rooms, food, etc. Now as for the poker rate....you can't get it without established play. You should just book a room NOW at the conventional rate (it should only be 100 or so, even on a weekend,if u book this far in advance...during the week, even cheaper). If you play a lot, you can have your rate possibly converted to the poker rate bf u check out but no guarantees...you can call the Trop at 1-800-TheTrop and connect to the poker department. I highly recommend the pink game...bring lots of benjis and hang on tight =).

Jeff

2+2Mike
02-06-2003, 07:01 PM
Thanks Jeff,

I played the pink game last year and was up less than one big bet after 3 hrs. of play. I considered that pretty good, lol, and I look forward to playing it again as well as the pot limit game.

Mike