PDA

View Full Version : Bob T. wimps out on the river.

Bob T.
02-05-2003, 07:38 AM
CP 6-12 game. The game is loose and passive right now. With one incredibly loose and passive player on my right. At a later time, he checked a broadway on the river in last position, with an unpaired board, and no flush possible.

Tricky loose (TL)player limps, LP limps, Super Loose Passive (SLP) limps in the cutoff, and I limp on the button with T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif , SB completes, and the BB checks. (6 small bets.

Flop T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

I have top pair, Inside straight draw, and a backdoor flush.

Checked to SLP who bets, I don't like this, because he hasn't bet very often, but I still like my hand a lot, and it is very vulnerable, if I don't improve. I raise, the blinds fold, and TL, and SLP, call the raise. I am pretty sure that TL is on some kind of draw, and I suspect it is a flush draw.

Turn 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Now I have a flush draw also. I like my hand a lot.

Check, check, I bet, both call.

River 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Checked to me, and I check /forums/images/icons/confused.gif .

I thought that TL might have diamonds, and might be going for a checkraise here, and I was also worried that SLP would have a Ten with a better kicker. But after my raise, he would never bet every again without the nuts.

TL, says I missed, he was drawing to a straight and not the flush, and SLP turns over A9, for a flopped pair of nines. As this is going on, vehn is standing in the Aisle behind me and says, 'You missed a bet'. And I did. I manufactured ghosts behind the door, and talked myself out of betting, and it definately cost me a bet, because SLP never laid down a hand with as much as a pair in it.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Zag
02-05-2003, 01:49 PM
No way is TL looking for the check-raise. With the SLP after him and before you, he would bet out and not risk the SLP folding to a double-bet.

But, assuming SLP's bet out with middle pair was really an aberration, then you had to put him on at least top pair. At that point, you are likely out-kicked, so the check on the end is reasonable.

Dynasty
02-05-2003, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't worry about missing this bet. This one is really on the edge.

Vehn
02-05-2003, 06:01 PM
I watched half the hand on my way through and was just giving you s---. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Bob T.
02-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Thank you guys, I feel a little better about this now. It frustrated me at the time, because making the river bet is something that I have been working on, and when I didn't here, it didn't feel right to me, and then I saw that it did cost me a real bet.

After I got home, it still bothered me, because from about 6 pm to 1 AM, I didn't have many chances to win another bet, and one of the few that I did have slipped through my fingers.

Thanks again for the responses,

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.