PDA

View Full Version : 2-4 online

King_J
02-05-2003, 04:11 AM
TP 2-4 game. Normal True game, pretty weak.

4 callers to me on button. I raise with KhQh. We lose the blinds and see the flop 5handed.

Flop: 10h8h2c
check to me and I bet... UTG calls and MP calls.

Turn: 6s
Checked to me and I check.
River: Ad
Checked to me and I try to bluff em out and bet.

All comments very welcome!

King_J
02-05-2003, 04:24 AM
They both folded and I was very pleased with my riverbet this time. Do u guys try to bluff on lowlimit?

Last time I tried to bluff was when I flopped open ended str8draw with flushdraw but missed and was called with a just a naked ace.

Dynasty
02-05-2003, 04:29 AM
Do u guys try to bluff on lowlimit?

Every time I sit at the table. But, I usually reserve it for hands in which I raise pre-flop.

In this hand, I would have bet the turn. It's not a value bet. You're betting hoping your opponents will fold.

Stu Pidasso
02-05-2003, 05:20 AM
If I get a free ride in the Big Blind, and the flop comes 8,3,3(or something similar) I will often bluff. Its quite effective in winning these small unraise pots.

Stu

VOC
02-05-2003, 09:00 AM
What kind of hands did you think they had? Obviously they were not holding an ace or one of the smaller cards on the board, because they probably would've bet. Besides, you don't expect them to play hands like K8s, preflop from UTG or MP.

You were probably holding the best hand unless one of them was holding an ace in which case the player would've bet, which didn't happen. I would not have bluffed in your place since the only situation in which you would make them throw away the best hand would be if they were holding an ace. So you don't gain by betting whereas you can still lose if one of the others made aces and is trying to check-raise.

pudley4
02-05-2003, 12:24 PM
I don't think he has to worry about a check-raise on the river. When the he checks the turn, it screams "overcards". Most players will put him on AK when he raises preflop, and his turn check reinforces their read. If they have an A, they'll most likely check-call on the river.

While I would have bet the turn here, I think you might have stumbled into the winning play. Like I said before, when you check the turn, most players will think "AK", and I've seen many players at Truepoker who play weak enough to lay down their small pairs on the river.

Zag
02-05-2003, 02:27 PM
I suspect you were not bluffing, but betting for value. I haven't seen many 2-4 players who will lay down any pair.

In any case, betting on the end should either be to get worse hands to call or better hands to fold. Since your KQ was right on the border of what typical 2-4 players will call with, I hate the bet on the end. All the worse hands will fold (as, I suspect, happened) and all the better hands will call. It costs you money without making you any.