PDA

View Full Version : Chip spew? 215.

Chaostracize
07-01-2005, 06:34 PM
No reads, but villain is a regular. In 2 weeks when I post I'll have reads on all villains /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t2538)
Hero (t1855)
Button (t865)
SB (t1055)
BB (t748)
UTG (t1955)
MP1 (t984)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t275</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls t175.

Flop: (t600) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400...</font>.

Final Pot: t1125

tjh
07-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Not chip spewing in my opinion.

That was nearly a minbet. Make them pay to play. Of course if he calls then you are probably beat.

--
tjh

kyro
07-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Looks like a flush draw to me. But yeah, I think you have to raise there to make him pay. I doubt he has you beat here, especially if he's a regular.

bkbluedevil
07-01-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm confused by villian's bet. He knows you should at least have two overs so you're not folding for the price he's giving you. Therefor, I think he's using a weak bet to try to get you to come over the top or build a big pot and get you committed. I think this its a bad idea to take this pot off him.

This would also be an intresting bluff, however you should realize that even if you do catch him bluffing with something like KQ I wouldnt be suprised if he calls off his last 348 to win the big pot. You're really not that far ahead of KQ, but you can be oh so far behind several of his holdings. I think this is a fold.

bkbluedevil
07-01-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a flush draw to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be absotely shocked if this is a flush draw. Not only that but if he does have a flush draw he is actually ahead of your ace high with two cards to come, and he is calling.

There is a decent change he has something like AK and even though he he is bluffing he will likely call and be ahead. Man that would suck.

Chaostracize
07-01-2005, 06:55 PM
I am WAY ahead of KQ.

bkbluedevil
07-01-2005, 07:00 PM
You would be ahead 70 30, and if he has a weak holding like 99 your 87 13 behind. KQ would be getting more than the odds to call even if he think you have JJ (3.2 to 1 from the pot and he's only behind sligthly less than 3 to 1)

microbet
07-01-2005, 07:15 PM
This

[ QUOTE ]
if he does have a flush draw he is actually ahead of your ace high with two cards to come

[/ QUOTE ]

implies this

[ QUOTE ]
and he is calling.

[/ QUOTE ]?

bkbluedevil
07-01-2005, 07:22 PM
What isn't there to get? He'll bet getting 3 to 1 on the flush draw so he calls assuming hearts are his outs. Little does he know you only have ace high and a pair is good so he is actually ahead. I just don't think he has a flush draw. This would be an odd line as a blank turn would suck.

I think OP is behind here something like 80 percent of the time and will get called 100% of the time he is behind, and maybe even sometimes he is ahead.

microbet
07-01-2005, 07:36 PM
It would be a bad call with just a flush draw. He's getting 3:1 immediate odds and is worse than 4:1 to immediately hit his flush. Why would he expect a free river card? It would be better for a flush draw to push-reraise. Of course, just because it would be a bad call for a flush draw, doesn't mean a flush draw won't call. But, I don't know how anyone can be so sure calling the raise preflop and leading out a very small bet on the flop means a flush draw.

I'm not saying it was a great play or a bad play. I think it was reasonable.

edit: ok, 448 chips to win 1298 - 2.9:1 to see it to the river. Reraise doesn't matter as his stack is so short. His call would be ok with a flush draw. My bad. Didn't notice how short his stack was.

Fortitude
07-01-2005, 07:54 PM
No one has mentioned that a regular in the 200+15 just called pre flop for over 25% of his stack (displayed stack sizes are before or after blind posts?). He then bets out what is basically a min bet but what also happens to be a good portion of his stack. This regular is ready to be all-in on this pot and the way he played it, I'd give him credit for a hand. I'd save my 500 or so chips here as A3 high just isn't cutting it.

Get reads on the players before making a move in this type of situation.