PDA

View Full Version : Help? Just won a seat to WSOP Main Event.....

luckymints
07-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Was looking for the best tourney book to read on the flight. Something that focuses in on a tourney fro early stages to late, specifically on WSOP would be great, and the newwer the better...also, would help if the book was available in like Barnes n Noble or some local book stores, since i dont have time to order from 2 plus 2...

Thanks Very Much
Lucky

Isura
07-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Harrington on Holdem. But I've read hear that volume 2 is pretty questionable. But volume 1 is excellent imo.

bravos1
07-01-2005, 06:10 PM
I haven't read volume 2 yet, but Harrington on Holdem volume 1 is, IMO, the best tourney book in print right now.

Danny H.
07-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I've found with every book, imho, that it takes a few days if not weeks to implement a new strategy or at least take into account what the book teaches. I'd recommend Harrington as well, but I'd say you would at least need to a few weeks, not days to take full advantage. If you are pressed for time, I'd read chapter 5 on, then go back to chapter 1 for clarification on the earlier parts of the book. good luck...wish I was there.

ccmcc33
07-02-2005, 02:19 AM
Count me as another big supporter of Harrington, and both volumes. It may be pure coincidence, but right after finishing volume two I finished in the money in two straight 200+ player MTTs (one final table). And I know that volume two has made a huge impact on how I play in the later stages of tourneys. If you can, pick them both up and start reading right away. They can help immediately.

burningyen
07-02-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are pressed for time, I'd read chapter 5 on, then go back to chapter 1 for clarification on the earlier parts of the book.

[/ QUOTE ]
IMHO this is very bad advice. Read it cover to cover, you can do it in one sitting.

KneeCo
07-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Since HoH has been mentioned (with good reason), let me add Cloutier and McEvoy's Championship No Limit and Pot Limit Hold 'Em which is very good.

But if you can only read one, HoH is the way to go.