PDA

View Full Version : Another big slick hand.

Huh
02-05-2003, 01:01 AM
Yet another big slick hand.

$5-$10 game online, Loose-Aggressive with some fairly tricky, sometimes outright confusing players. I am in middle position with

A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

UTG limps in, I raise, cut-off calls, and everone folds.

Flop:
A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

It is checked to me, I check(I have yet to see a flop check through, and a free card doesn't scare me too much), cutoff doesn't dissapoint and bets, UTG calls, I raise, UTG calls, EP three-bets and we both call. I am very convinced now that I am looking at A7s or A6s.

Turn: 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

UTG bets, I call, cutoff folds.

River 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

UTG bets, I call, UTG folds.

Comments greatly appreciated.

EP bets into me, I call and we show down.

My concerns for the hand were the following.

Flop-
Was this a horrible check? As stated, I didn't think I would be giving a free card, and if so it didn't seem especially horrible.
How much respect do you give the check-three-bet?

Turn/River.
Was it too early to go into a check-call shell? Anyone lay this down? Given the odd betting I had seen in previous hands I wasn't about to lay this down, but I was pretty sure I was behind. I will admit that online I have a much more difficult time keeping track of who is who.

Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Dynasty
02-05-2003, 01:44 AM
I am very convinced now that I am looking at A7s or A6s.

First, I think it's a bit paranoid to put your opponent on those specific hands. But, when the turn card comes, I hope your read is right because you are now way ahead. Do you see why?

Tell me just one A7s or A6s combination which has you beat.

If he actually has an A7s/A6s hand, this is an interesting hand reading exercise. But, this type of reading is very difficult to do at the table.

mobes
02-05-2003, 02:17 AM
Great point Dynasty. I wouldnt have realized that. I would have bet the flop for sure though.

Jim Easton
02-05-2003, 02:38 AM
I am very convinced now that I am looking at A7s or A6s.

Low limit online, they don't have to be suited to play A-rag UTG. See Dynasty's post if you know this guy only plays A-rag UTG if it is suited.

Was this a horrible check? As stated, I didn't think I would be giving a free card, and if so it didn't seem especially horrible.

Seems reasonable to me. You weren't in position to knock anyone out, but you were getting more money in the pot with the probable best hand.

How much respect do you give the check-three-bet?

I would tend to respect a 3-bet like that, but it really depends on the player doing it. It could be a set, or it could be 98 trying to build a pot in case he hits his straight. It could also be A-7/6 (suited or not).

Anyone lay this down?

Probably not.

pudley4
02-05-2003, 12:04 PM
First of all, I'm confused by the original post. It's very unclear who is taking which action on the flop. An EP player comes out of nowhere in the hand. On the river, 2 different things occur (UTG bets and folds, and EP bets and shows).

Most importantly, while he is way ahead of A6 on the turn, he is still behind A7 on the turn (his aces over sevens is behind the opponents sevens full of aces)

Zag
02-05-2003, 02:51 PM
pudley, Dynasty's point is that there are no A7s hands that the other player could have. He could still have A7off, or A6s, but not A7s. If player is sure that UTG would only play a bad ace if it is suited, then he is way ahead when the second 7 falls.

Huh
02-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Chop it up. Early player showed down AKo and we split the pot.

The second UTG folds was a typo.

To be honest, I did not look at the board to see just how far ahead I was if the read was correct. Although, I was aware that the board pairing was probably more beneficial than harmful.

I tend to put people on hands according to the way I would play them. I know it's a problem, and I hope to correct it in the future.

Thanks for the comments.
-Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif