PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on this line at the $55s

wiggs73
07-01-2005, 03:28 PM
During the last 3 orbits, it has been folded around to my small blind and I completed. On each of those flops, villain min-bet and I folded. On this particular hand he limped from UTG and we took a flop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t2502)
SB (t625)
Hero (t1503)
UTG (t3050)
MP (t1670)
CO (t650)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t100, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t250) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t350</font>, UTG calls t250.

Turn: (t950) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero is all-in for [1053].

freemoney
07-01-2005, 03:42 PM
bad, bad, bad

bkbluedevil
07-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Hmm, intresting line. It shoulds like you just got tired of being pushed around. When villian limps UTG, what kind of hands do you put him on? I would say the most commonly limped hands here are a decent ace or a mid pocket pair (i.e. AJs, 88). When you check raise on the flop and he call I'm about 70 perecent sure he would have either paired the ace or set though a hand like JJ is possible. Because you are making a pot size bluff on the turn, you need him to fold half the time here to show a profit, but given my prior assumptions I don't think this will happen and I don't like the play.

kyro
07-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You will do just fine at the $55s and lower if you play straight-forward and cut out the fancy pants crap.

Also, I've seen players limp in with weak Aces left and right at that level.

johnnybeef
07-01-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
, I've seen players limp in with weak Aces left and right at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

petvan
07-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I usually get waxed when I try and make something from nothing here. And you really have nothing. I don't mind popping his minraise, but when he calls, I'm basically checking down or folding.

ClaytonN
07-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Drugs! Yes! You like the drugs!

drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs

wiggs73
07-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Sorry to bump this post from Friday... I posted this just before I left to go out of town and I wanted to give my thoughts on the situation and the results.

In response to who asked this question, I put the villain on a PP here, at best. So far during the tourney when he had a hand as good as top pair, he had been betting more than the minimum. So I didn't put him on a pair of aces. The min-bet / call also didn't scream of strength to me. I think if he was slow playing something like a set, he would have just checked behind. He thought for a while before he called my check raise, so I thought he was pretty weak and probably didn't want to put any more chips in the pot. Also, I had 2 outs for the straigth, so incase he does have an actual hand, I'm at least not drawing dead.

In this particular case, I was right and villain folded. Judging from the reponses, that probably will not be the case most of the time...

Unarmed
07-04-2005, 10:44 AM
I like it.
Personally, I screw around on Level 1 or 2 but once I get to Level 4 with a good stack (like you have here) I don't take chances like this. That's not to say your play isn't correct in this exact situation, I just hate busting out here on a read based play. I may change this up though...