PDA

View Full Version : PayPal

jcmack13
07-01-2005, 03:25 PM
So I wanted to buy something from ebay, and didn't realize it was PayPal only until I committed to buying it. No big deal, signed up for PayPal, only to realize I had to wait three days for them to make a neteller-like deposit to verify my account. Now I've verified the account, but I have to wait 3 business days for a deposit to go from my bank acct. to my PayPal acct. Is this normal/correct?

So my little impulse internet buy is taking me a week and a half to complete before it even gets shipped. Is there another way to use this, or do i have to wait the three days for a deposit to go through before I can pay for my stupid little chess clock?

BradleyT
07-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Pay with CC through PayPal. You're doing all the steps required to get verified which you don't really need to do.

MoreWineII
07-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Isn't there an ID Verify option too? I hate PayPal, haven't used it ever since they took it off of buyin options.

eric5148
07-01-2005, 05:18 PM
If you have a credit card, fund it with that. Funding your account with a cc will also "verify" your address. Some sellers will not sell to a buyer without a verified address.

If you want to verify your address without a cc, you'll have to do a bunch of BS that involves scanning and emailing IDs and proof of address, which will take at least two weeks (I speak from experience).