PDA

View Full Version : Lay down QQ Here in a 215?

FatalError
07-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Ok i don't have the HH but heres the deal, 150-300 blind, no known good players at the table

UTG 1100
Button 1300
SB 3400
BB(Hero) 4200

BB Has QQ

Folded to SB Who moves in for 3400

Can i really fold here when winning this pot is basically gift wrapping 1st place?

BigEndian
07-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Auto-call. I think you can only entertain folding TT and lower here and AK and lower. JJ is, meh.

- Jim

citanul
07-01-2005, 02:55 PM
you really know nothing about the opponent?

i'd call here every time. i have no sng power tools or anything in front of me, so i'll entertain that there might be some data showing this could be a fold. but i really doubt it.

man, i haven't played any of the sngs since the new blind structure has come out, that's gonna be such a trip when i get back to playing. what's the general concensus?

citanul

mlagoo
07-01-2005, 02:59 PM
he has to realize that you can only call here with very very few hands, which this happens to be one of. in fact i probably cut it off at QQ. I think I fold jacks here.

anyway, because he knows its very hard for you to find a call, his pushing range has to be freakin huge, so its a call.

lastchance
07-01-2005, 03:00 PM
You have him covered. You have Queens. This is an incredibly easy call.

I call with Jacks, Tens, AK, maybe nines, could call with AQ.

mlagoo
07-01-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have him covered. You have Queens. This is an incredibly easy call.

I call with Jacks, Tens, AK, maybe nines, could call with AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

nines and tens, AQ? I can see the argument for jacks and AK, i really dont buy the others though.

i know his pushing range is huge, but why risk being crippled when you are in great chip position, by CALLING for a possibly (probably, with AQ) 50/50, 60/40, or 65/35 shot on the bubble? I don't like it.

kyro
07-01-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you really know nothing about the opponent?

i'd call here every time. i have no sng power tools or anything in front of me, so i'll entertain that there might be some data showing this could be a fold. but i really doubt it.

man, i haven't played any of the sngs since the new blind structure has come out, that's gonna be such a trip when i get back to playing. what's the general concensus?

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only played 4 that I can remember but i'm 4/4 with 3 1sts and a 2nd. I think that's a large enough sample size to give it a thumbs up.

And yeah, I call here too.

lastchance
07-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Because a 60/40 edge is huge in poker, and you're not a goner if you lose this.

Newt_Buggs
07-01-2005, 03:06 PM
easy call no matter what. To make it even sweater I'm assuming that you've been playing aggressive, correct? If this is true then with AK, KK+ I would expect him to make a play weaker than all in trying to bait you to push.

microbet
07-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Interesting situation.

Very +$EV to call, even if he is fairly tight. But, that can be misleading as he has to be a fairly aggressive to make JJ a good call.

FatalError
07-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Well at least i know i was right... someone is a little red in the face now... i still can't believe he somehow hit a straight with JT though... i'd have been up anotehr 1k last night!