mlagoo
07-01-2005, 02:51 PM
his $10,000 chip looks an awful lot like conan o'brien

Ace_W_Ace
07-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Is that a JOPKE hat on the $5000 chip? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Grisgra
07-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Looks like THE gift to give to your favorite 2+2'er this upcoming holiday season.

autobet
07-01-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like THE gift to give to your favorite 2+2'er this upcoming holiday season.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

or your worst enemy

otnemem
07-01-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
his $10,000 chip looks an awful lot like conan o'brien

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god, it looks exactly like him. When he does that cheese-ball hair flip thing...

vginaman
07-01-2005, 02:59 PM
It's worth it just for those classic poses on the box and especially the $500 chip. Seriously, how much?

Meatmaw
07-01-2005, 03:00 PM
is that chip case transparent or something?

NUReedy
07-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Makes it easier to see into its soul.

Miles Ahead
07-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Apparently you can get it for 99.89.

http://www.claypokerchipsandtables.com/1004041060.html

lighterjobs
07-01-2005, 05:44 PM
no one has seen these before? paul phillips wrote about these on his blog around a year ago.

Fitz
07-01-2005, 07:25 PM
I dislike Hellmuth's antics as much as anyone. I think it shows a great deal of immaturity and a lack of class. That being said, I can't really blame the guy for cashing in on his fame. How many of us here would act differently if given the chance to splash our face and name all over a bunch of products and make some jack in the process.

I've just defended Phil Hellmuth. This may be my last post. I'm sure my fingers will fall off soon. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Good luck all,

Fitz

otnemem
07-01-2005, 08:12 PM
A successful poker player shoulsn't have to sell out his dignity to make a buck. That said, I'm not so sure Hellmuth truly understands what a joke all of his merchandise is. I'm reasonably certain he thinks he looks very sexy on his chip set.

flo
07-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Maybe he doesn't give a [censored] what some guys on some forum think, takes the money and lives happy thereafter? That's what i would do...

otnemem
07-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Um, yeah. Only dignity doesn't begin and end with people on a poker forum. Pride has nothing to do with what other people think of you. Except in the case of swallowing one's pride, which Hellmuth seems to excel at. If I were in his position, I wouldn't do it because I'd feel like the most gigantic douche ever. Obviously, you're not concerned with something like feeling, personally, like a gigantic douche.

Rosie5
07-01-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dislike Hellmuth's antics as much as anyone. I think it shows a great deal of immaturity and a lack of class. That being said, I can't really blame the guy for cashing in on his fame. How many of us here would act differently if given the chance to splash our face and name all over a bunch of products and make some jack in the process.

I've just defended Phil Hellmuth. This may be my last post. I'm sure my fingers will fall off soon. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Good luck all,

Fitz

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy got the official Phil Hellmuth WSOP underwear

flo
07-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Maybe he doesn't feel like a gigantic douche. Maybe he think's he should exploit his popularity just as his pokerskills to his personal advantage.
Where's the difference between crushing fish at a poker table and selling crap to some other fish? They like to play poker because it's fun, and they like to buy stuff because they like it. If one think's it's ok to get their money at the table, i don't see any problem taking their money in an online shop. He makes himself looking like an idiot at the table because he is getting an edge, so it's only consequent to look like one on chips, too (also i don't think that he sells more if he looks stupid on chips).
Or maybe i didn't understand your post /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

otnemem
07-01-2005, 09:26 PM
If you can look at the pictures on those poker chips and not figure out why he might be expected to feel like a douche, than this argument is pretty much pointless. Selling your likeness to morons is one thing, but I would feel physically ill posing for those pictures. That's why I'd feel like a douche. I wouldn't mind if he was selling a quality product with just a touch of class. But this is just depressing.

luvrhino
07-01-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he doesn't feel like a gigantic douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

Helmuth Brand Feminine Douche
Fill Your Filthy Vagina with Phil Fluid

Though, that if he was going to endorse a line of products for "female problems," something for relieving PMS symptoms would be more appropriate.

KingCon
07-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Maybe he will use some of that dough and visit a tanning bed. He looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy with his shirt off

donny5k
07-02-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A successful poker player shoulsn't have to sell out his dignity to make a buck. That said, I'm not so sure Hellmuth truly understands what a joke all of his merchandise is. I'm reasonably certain he thinks he looks very sexy on his chip set.

[/ QUOTE ]
Selling out is very +EV. A reasonable poker player makes +EV decisions.

Scott_Baio
07-02-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Selling out is very +EV. A reasonable poker player makes +EV decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, nice. you win.

PokerBob
07-02-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can look at the pictures on those poker chips and not figure out why he might be expected to feel like a douche, than this argument is pretty much pointless. Selling your likeness to morons is one thing, but I would feel physically ill posing for those pictures. That's why I'd feel like a douche. I wouldn't mind if he was selling a quality product with just a touch of class. But this is just depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this any different than Michael Jordan doing adds for batteries and underwear?

whiskeytown
07-02-2005, 03:34 AM
Paul Phillips owns a set, I believe..../images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

-Skeme-
07-02-2005, 03:43 AM
They don't have insanely goofy pictures of his mug on them?

Rosie5
07-02-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

How is this any different than Michael Jordan doing adds for batteries and underwear?

[/ QUOTE ]

jordan's actual face is sparingly used on products. And Michael is by most standards good looking

Btw, I'm not even sure it's a fact that his face or silhoutte is on any batteries or underwear. He may endorse them but I haven't seen underwear with Michael's head on them or MJ Batteries

Even so--Jordan is sponsored by large companies and he doesn't have to try to make a buck off a company selling chip sets on the internet who may inadvertantly make him look stupid.

When I see this I think of Krusty the Clown and how he constantly puts his face on anything and it looks hilarious.

grass
07-02-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Um, yeah. Only dignity doesn't begin and end with people on a poker forum. Pride has nothing to do with what other people think of you. Except in the case of swallowing one's pride, which Hellmuth seems to excel at. If I were in his position, I wouldn't do it because I'd feel like the most gigantic douche ever. Obviously, you're not concerned with something like feeling, personally, like a gigantic douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, most people here woulda done it for free and STILL GET REJECTED. get the screw driver outta your azz, and let the guy make some dough and buy himself another mercedes. maybe someday you're get lucky and get hit by it.

grass
07-02-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Even so--Jordan is sponsored by large companies and he doesn't have to try to make a buck off a company selling chip sets on the internet who may inadvertantly make him look stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, big difference selling underwear and poker chips. i can't wait to open up my underwear shop for uh...men.
/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

flo
07-02-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can look at the pictures on those poker chips and not figure out why he might be expected to feel like a douche, than this argument is pretty much pointless. Selling your likeness to morons is one thing, but I would feel physically ill posing for those pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, point taken /images/graemlins/smile.gif

autobet
07-02-2005, 09:57 AM
His picture is not on the underwear he sells.

otnemem
07-02-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, most people here woulda done it for free and STILL GET REJECTED. get the screw driver outta your azz, and let the guy make some dough and buy himself another mercedes. maybe someday you're get lucky and get hit by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it make you feel stupid to realize that you're the only one still missing the point? Or are you used to it by now? Die, throwback.

otnemem
07-02-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, big difference selling underwear and poker chips. i can't wait to open up my underwear shop for uh...men.
/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you opened your eyes while sounding out sentences you're attempting to read, you might pick up on the rest of the post you're quoting. The point is that Michael Jordan's face isn't on the piss flap of your underwear. I've never seen his battery commercials, but I'm sure his face isn't part of the logo.