PDA

View Full Version : Jamba Juice. How Healthy?

Jman28
07-01-2005, 01:57 PM
First of all, anyone who hasn't been to Jamba Juice is missing out on some deliciousness. But that is not the point of this post.

I'm trying to improve the way I eat this summer, and I'm not sure whether my breakfast smoothie is something to keep or let go.

Almost every morning, I get myself a Protein Berry Pizzazz (http://jambajuice.com/menuguide/proteinberrypizzazz.html). Usually Power size, sometimes Original size. I also add a free protein boost, which is just 7g of protein.

All the smoothie contains is soymilk, bananas, strawberries, ice, and protein powder. Nothing really unhealthy. My concern is the sugar content though. They don't add any sugar, but a Power size still contains 100g of it.

If I'm trying to drop a few pounds, do I need to let this delicious breakfast go?

david050173
07-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Food can be healthy and have lots of calories.

Brock Landers
07-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Fruit (or fruit drinks) is one of the worst things to eat in abundance when you are trying to lose weight. MEGA carbs.

My brother, who won't take advice, started a fruit only diet about 2 months ago. He, like many, thought that since fruit is so good for you, it will help you lose weight. 20 lbs later, he agreed that his logic might have been flawed.

ADVICE: try a less drastic Atkin's approach. Limit (too tough to have no carbs i.e Atkins) your carbs, have as much protein as you want, and don't worry too much about fat. And try to get some excercise.

Dead
07-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Stop it fatty.

Your atkins advice is garbage.

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Switch to the "enlightened" ones. Much better for ya.

Phoenix1010
07-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Holy crap. I always get a Protein Berry Pizass with protein boost. Weird. The Jamba chick calls me protein berry Steve and gives me free ones once in a while.

Michael Davis
07-01-2005, 09:23 PM
"Holy crap. I always get a Protein Berry Pizass with protein boost. Weird. The Jamba chick calls me protein berry Steve and gives me free ones once in a while."

I give this 30 seconds.

-Michael

sexdrugsmoney
07-01-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fruit (or fruit drinks) is one of the worst things to eat in abundance when you are trying to lose weight. MEGA carbs.

My brother, who won't take advice, started a fruit only diet about 2 months ago. He, like many, thought that since fruit is so good for you, it will help you lose weight. 20 lbs later, he agreed that his logic might have been flawed.

ADVICE: try a less drastic Atkin's approach. Limit (too tough to have no carbs i.e Atkins) your carbs, have as much protein as you want, and don't worry too much about fat. And try to get some excercise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't tried this particular juice bar but worldwide stuff like this is booming.

The shakes are great and alot of people drink them thinking because it healthy its ok ... well yes and no.

As Brock said, mega carbs so you should really only drink these as a meal replacement or straight after a workout.

Phoenix1010
07-01-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Holy crap. I always get a Protein Berry Pizass with protein boost. Weird. The Jamba chick calls me protein berry Steve and gives me free ones once in a while."

I give this 30 seconds.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh.

IronDragon1
07-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Soy protein=estrogenic---->bad

GuyOnTilt
07-01-2005, 10:17 PM
I heart Jamba.

GoT

The once and future king
07-02-2005, 07:49 AM
I dont know what you eat during the rest of the day, but as you are american I will make the assumption that there is allready alot of protein in your diet.

Overloading your liver with protien can be very unhealthy and lead to all sorts of health problems.

cut out the free boost.

Sooga
07-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Healthiness aside, the Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo'd is f'ing delicious.

treeofwisdom7
07-02-2005, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know what you eat during the rest of the day, but as you are american I will make the assumption that there is allready alot of protein in your diet.

Overloading your liver with protien can be very unhealthy and lead to all sorts of health problems.

cut out the free boost.

[/ QUOTE ]

7 DAM GRAMS OF PROTIEN

COME ON YOU CANT BE SERIOUS. I SUCK IN MORE PROTIEN FROM THE AIR DURING THE DAY THAN I CONSUME FROM ONE GALLON OF JAMBA JUICE

The once and future king
07-02-2005, 08:20 AM
It all adds up. Especialy with all that protein rich air around.

Reef
07-02-2005, 09:31 AM
it has tons of sugar and tons of carbs.. so not so "healthy" I'd say

gvibes
07-02-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, anyone who hasn't been to Jamba Juice is missing out on some deliciousness. But that is not the point of this post.

I'm trying to improve the way I eat this summer, and I'm not sure whether my breakfast smoothie is something to keep or let go.

Almost every morning, I get myself a Protein Berry Pizzazz (http://jambajuice.com/menuguide/proteinberrypizzazz.html). Usually Power size, sometimes Original size. I also add a free protein boost, which is just 7g of protein.

All the smoothie contains is soymilk, bananas, strawberries, ice, and protein powder. Nothing really unhealthy. My concern is the sugar content though. They don't add any sugar, but a Power size still contains 100g of it.

If I'm trying to drop a few pounds, do I need to let this delicious breakfast go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello adult-onset diabetes. I agree that just because something is high-calorie, doesn't make it unhealthy, but you are going to do some major damage if you drink crap like that regularly.

GuyOnTilt
07-02-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it has tons of sugar and tons of carbs.. so not so "healthy" I'd say

[/ QUOTE ]

The media has ruined your intelligence.

GoT