PDA

View Full Version : JJ hand

Allan
02-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Hi everyone,

Here is a hand a played 2-4 online. Pretty typical table. loose and swinging toward the aggresive side.

From MP I raise 2 EP limpers holding J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif all fold to the blinds who both call and the EP limpers call. 5 to the flop with a 10sb pot.

Flop is Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

checked to me and I bet all fold except SB and 1 EP.

turn is 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif checked to me I bet SB folds EP checkraises and I call. EP is quite loose in his play on all streets. His play is also unsophistacted and this most likely isn't a semi bluff.

River is a 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif bet, I fold....

Comments please,

Allan

mobes
02-04-2003, 11:59 PM
I probably would have put the last bet in there.

Dynasty
02-05-2003, 12:33 AM
I'm guessing you would have called on the river with AA and KK. So, what's the difference?

Since you have six outs which should be reliable (jacks and tens), you should consider 3-betting the turn to see how much he likes his hand.

Robk
02-05-2003, 12:36 AM
Allan, I would have folded to the checkraise on the turn against most players, especially someone
I don't think will semibluff. Unless this was someone I knew to take a lot of shots I would give
it up. But if you play on, I think that there are only 2 options:
a. call down
b. 3-bet
I don't think calling then folding for one more is in my playbook as you don't have the pot odds
to improve if you're behind, your only profit from calling on the turn is when he's on a total bluff.
If you were going to drop on the river, calling the turn is a wasted BB IMO.

Allan
02-05-2003, 01:00 AM
My opponent specific read was that he could beat my hand and I stuck to that read. I should have stated that he was extremely straightforward instead of only stating the he was unsophisticated. If I had AA or KK with my same read I believe I would have folded to the checkraise on the turn. It is only because I thought I had the Jacks and the tens as outs that I played on.

Allan

Allan
02-05-2003, 01:09 AM
Hi Rob,

I didn't think folding was an option on the turn. I thought hitting a J would be good as well as any ten. Had I held AA or KK I believe I would have folded. While 3 betting certainly is an option, I would hate to get 4 bet to see the river.

Allan

Dynasty
02-05-2003, 01:35 AM
I would have folded to the checkraise on the turn against most players

If you are routinely folding 6-out hands for one bet on the turn in pots with 9 big bets in them, you are making a very serious mistake.

If you are routinely incorrectly calculating the number of outs you have when chasing, you are making serious mistakes over and over again.

Tyler Durden
02-05-2003, 10:58 AM

Dr.Kimble
02-05-2003, 11:34 AM
I would limp with JJ Preflop after 2 limper in a loose Game /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Mackie
02-05-2003, 12:08 PM
nm