PDA

View Full Version : MLB Suspensions

ripdog
07-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Sheffield gets 2 games for going ballistic, The dude in Anaheim gets 8 for having pine tar on his glove, the dude in Baltimore gets 4 games for going off much more mildly than Sheff did (he deserved more than 2). What will Rogers' penalty be? What should it be? I say he gets 10 games but deserves 20. What a punk.

Voltron87
07-01-2005, 01:50 PM
rogers- 1 month
sheff- 2 games is fair.
kline- (the balk one?) havent seen it a lot, but i doubt a suspension is warranted

andyfox
07-01-2005, 02:11 PM
A month for a pitcher, of course, is much less punative than for an everyday player. But at Rogers's age, every month is important.

hoopsie44
07-01-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A month for a pitcher, of course, is much less punative than for an everyday player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the wallet, which is what these guys care about most.

Voltron87
07-01-2005, 05:05 PM
do you think it should be more? less? i think a month is good.

ripdog
07-01-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sheff- 2 games is fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Sheffield was way out of line. Bitching him out is one thing, but trying to intimidate the ump is quite different. If you look at the replays, it is obvious that Sheff is one step away from totally losing control. He deserves 10.

Voltron87
07-01-2005, 05:07 PM
well the ump should probably not ump for a while, the call was awful.

sheff had a legitimate beef, and that was a big, big out in the game. he was pissed. he threw his helmet and ran and got in the guys face. if he pushed him it would be different.

Dead
07-01-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sheff- 2 games is fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Sheffield was way out of line. Bitching him out is one thing, but trying to intimidate the ump is quite different. If you look at the replays, it is obvious that Sheff is one step away from totally losing control. He deserves 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're obviously a stupid Boston fan. Sheffield doesn't deserve a suspension, or even a fine.

Aytumious
07-01-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sheff- 2 games is fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're obviously a stupid Boston fan. Sheffield doesn't deserve a suspension, or even a fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead, MLB really can't allow players to completely get up in an umps face like that and go balistic, even if it was a terrible call. Sheff deserves the small suspension.

sublime
07-01-2005, 07:10 PM
dead, saying ridiculous things like this is why nobody takes u seriously. of course he needs to be suspended, 2 games is fair shoot one would be fine...as long as players know there will be a price to pay for being a jackass.

rogers deserves a long term suspension, as he repeatedly went out of his way to get involved with people who were just doing these job.

Dead
07-01-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dead, saying ridiculous things like this is why nobody takes u seriously. of course he needs to be suspended, 2 games is fair shoot one would be fine...as long as players know there will be a price to pay for being a jackass.

rogers deserves a long term suspension, as he repeatedly went out of his way to get involved with people who were just doing these job.

[/ QUOTE ]

CB Buckwheat got the call wrong.

Aytumious
07-01-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed he did, doesn't give Sheff or any other player the right to [censored] lose it like that.

Dead
07-01-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed he did, doesn't give Sheff or any other player the right to [censored] lose it like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gimme a break. All he did was get in the ump's face and let him know he blew the call. Then he threw his helmet in the OPPOSITE direction of the umpire. Getting ejected was enough.

Aytumious
07-01-2005, 10:22 PM
I only saw it once, but Sheff was about .012 inches from the umps face and screaming like a mad man. Not a good idea, regardless of the call. Arguing with umps happens, but when you add in the physical intimidation factor, a short suspension is warranted. Take off the yank gogs and realize Sheff crossed a line. Not a big deal, really.

Dead
07-01-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only saw it once, but Sheff was about .012 inches from the umps face and screaming like a mad man. Not a good idea, regardless of the call. Arguing with umps happens, but when you add in the physical intimidation factor, a short suspension is warranted. Take off the yank gogs and realize Sheff crossed a line. Not a big deal, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ain't wearin yaNk gogs bro. I think umpirs are totally out of control these days, and it's an epidemic in both leagues. Philly catcher got tossed for a bullshit reason, Estrada got thrown, and then Piazza did. These young stupid umpis throw people out for silly reasons.

And there is a definite anti-Yankee bias among the umps. THe Yankees have gotten like one break this year. Most of the time they've gotten the shaft.

ripdog
07-02-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read my response to the 'How long have you been a Red Sox fan' thread, you'll see how stupid your response is. Do a little homework before you spout off next time. Sheff got off with a slap on the wrist.