PDA

View Full Version : 1 year pro anniversary

stupidsucker
07-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Today marks my 1-year anniversary of being an "official" professional poker player and I would like to celebrate it with 2+2.

The first post I ever participated in on the 1-table forum (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=681910& Forum=All_Forums&Words=100%20challenge&Searchpage= 0&Limit=25&Main=680593&Search=true&where=sub&Name= 8121&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=&o ldertype=&bodyprev=#Post681910) on the 1-table forum is in the archives, and it was a 100 SnG challenge. This was such an awesome motivational tool, and people seem to respond to these challenges well.

I give you two challenges for July with incentives to celebrate.

WSOP challenge:July 1st-15th
Make the most money at 1-table tournaments.

Rules
1.You may enter only once with ONE poker account
2. You may not combine poker accounts into one entry
(for example you may not 12 table three poker accounts in order to gain a bulk edge)
3. Only Party Skin $11-$33 1-table SnGs may be used
(Higher limits may be used, but they will be handicapped (roi x 33 = $)
4. Players will be ranked by how much $$ they make according to the database.
5. Any attempt to fraud the challenge in any way at my discretion will result in disqualification
6. You must have a minimum of 100 tournaments to qualify
7. I reserve the right to alter or discontinue this challenge at any time.

The catch?? SWEAT ME BABY...
I do better if I have some support behind me. I am really just an internet qualifier who won his seat via 1table tournaments through empires Tournament Masters program. I want to represent the section of this forum well.

Follow me in the WSOP event from July 6th-15th.

*If I make it into the money I will give the winner of this challenge a Free Dell LCD monitor.

*If I make the final table I will give the top 25 participants a free Dell LCD monitor. The Challenge Winner will receive TWO Dell LCD monitors.

*If I win the WSOP I will give ALL qualifying participants(see rule #7) TWO FREE LCD monitors. The winner of the challenge will receive FOUR Dell LCD monitors, a monitor stand, and a new computer to go along with it. (don't ask, it will be a nice one)
AND
The Winner of the Challenge will receive a seat in the 2006 WSOP $10,000 Main Event.*

All distributions rely on my placement in the 2005 WSOP, and the minimum # of challengers(10) must be met.

ITM challenge:
I will buy the winner of the challenge eastbay's program

Eligibility:
Registered 2+2 posters(before July 1st 2005)

The Challenge:
Most ITMs(In The Money) in July

Rules
1.Only 2+2 registered posters(before July 1st 2005) may challenge
2. You may not combine poker accounts into one entry
(for example you may not 12 table three poker accounts in order to gain a bulk edge)
3. You may enter as many accounts as you wish, but only one can win.
4. Only Party Skin 1-table SnGs may be used
5. Any attempt to fraud the challenge in any way at my discretion will result in disqualification
6. You must have a minimum of 100 ITMs to qualify
7. I reserves the right to alter or discontinue this challenge at any time.

Please reply to this thread BEFORE JULY 6th if you want to participate in either challenge. You do not need to start forwarding HHs to me now. Only if you win a challenge.

Email me (2xa@2xapoker.com) me or PM me if you have any questions.

microbet
07-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Very generous. Good luck at the WSOP.

chisness
07-01-2005, 01:15 PM
what games/stakes have you been playing as a pro?

stupidsucker
07-01-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what games/stakes have you been playing as a pro?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mainly 22s-55s. I have not played too many 100s, and even fewer 200s.

My first year was a wakeup call and I plan to get a lot of content rich posts in very soon. I learned a lot!!!!

One of the first questions people ask me here is why haven't I moved up. Most of it comes with the reasons I play poker. I play for convenience, not money. My pro career began with getting fired not from quitting. Twice. It became evident to me that A) I could make as much money as I need/want playing poker only. B) I didn't want/need very much. C) I could work when I want, as much as I want and more importantly... As little as I want.

I enjoy being able to take off at any time for a month and do nothing....

Lately I have been more motivated towards... well towards everything.

This year I plan to more than quadruple last years income. I want to be in position to buy a house and be bankrolled for poker that challenges me. I am not challenged when I play below the 55s, but it sure is easy money.

Time to take the other path.

Meatmaw
07-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Great idea and good luck at the wsop. I'll be watching (uhm, how will I know who you are; pm me your name?). So when does this sng challenge begin and end? Sign me up and get that $10 mil!

stupidsucker
07-01-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Great idea and good luck at the wsop. I'll be watching (uhm, how will I know who you are; pm me your name?). So when does this sng challenge begin and end? Sign me up and get that $10 mil!

[/ QUOTE ]

OOPs sorry...Let me make the dates/times clear

WSOP challenge July 1st 00:01 EST - July 15th 23:59
Must sign up(reply to this thread) before July 6th

ITM challenge July 1st 00:01 EST -July 31st 23:59 EST
You can join in at any time.

MegaBet
07-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much the same. I'd be interested in hearing your experiences. So how well did you do in this last year, if you'd like to share? PM me if you'd like. It'd be nice to see how I'm doing versus someone else in the same position.

ilya
07-01-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm entering both challenges.

Good luck at the WSOP!!!

stupidsucker
07-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks Ilya,

BTW. My name is Jason Curran. I am playing for Empire Poker.

The Yugoslavian
07-01-2005, 03:31 PM
I would like to enter both challenges but I likely will be playing so few STTs it won't matter.

Oh, and btw, I will be in Oakland tonight and this weekend. If you happen to still be there shoot me a pm and I'll buy you a beer or something somewhere...

Yugoslav

Slim Pickens
07-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Count me in for both. I can probably make it to 100 by the 15th. 3/8 last night after 9pm Pacifc time last night.

SlimP

EDIT: Oh, and up $126.

Big Limpin'
07-01-2005, 03:49 PM
The bar has been set!

So far in July....3/12 ITM, -$44

I feel like a contestant on Celebrity Jeopardy /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

stupidsucker
07-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks everyone... I will post an update to everything soon and get it situated who is in and then keep updates on everyone's performance.

I may be changing the rules to only include ITMs only for the wsop challenge as well. It may be too hard to control people excluding losses.

zaphod
07-01-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to enter both challenges but I likely will be playing so few STTs it won't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

jon462
07-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Im in.. not sure I have a chance but will be great to keep me motivated...

by database i assume you mean empire mastersboard\ PP leaderboard etc., right?

GL at the WSOP..

Newt_Buggs
07-01-2005, 05:15 PM
sounds like fun, count me in.

zipppy
07-01-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I may be changing the rules to only include ITMs only for the wsop challenge as well. It may be too hard to control people excluding losses.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking too. If there's space, I'd love to be in on this too. Good motivation to play hard!

>>>ZIPPPY

ilya
07-01-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jason,

What does this mean, exactly? Which database are you talking about?

stupidsucker
07-01-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

Its leftover text from something I corrected.

Originaly I was going to have everyone forward every HH to me to avoid any sort of fraud thus creatibng a database. This is too much work, and a pain in the ass for everyone.

Instead just post your results. I will examine HH of the self proclaimed winner.

SAVE YOUR FULL HHS because you will need them to prove it if you win a challenge. This would be a shame to miss out an a free monitor if you throw out HHs.

I will try to make everything crystal clear before the 6th. In the mean time be sure to sign up here. Im not goign to allow straglers to come in for the wsop challenge.

ilya
07-01-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

Originaly I was going to have everyone forward every HH to me to avoid any sort of fraud thus creatibng a database. This is too much work, and a pain in the ass for everyone.

Instead just post your results. I will examine HH of the self proclaimed winner.

SAVE YOUR FULL HHS because you will need them to prove it if you win a challenge. This would be a shame to miss out an a free monitor if you throw out HHs.

I will try to make everything crystal clear before the 6th. In the mean time be sure to sign up here. Im not goign to allow straglers to come in for the wsop challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the clarification.

But what if people send you all their winning HHs, but only some of their losing ones?

Or are you gonna do it by net prizes rather than net profit?

The4Aces
07-01-2005, 06:04 PM
great idea. I am in. Hopefully i can get eurobet to e-mail me historys.

pergesu
07-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Cool, I'm in.

I'll be playing on two skins, and I know you said you can only enter one. Can we just pick whichever one does better, or do we have to choose the nick to enter before hand? I figured I'd just clear out my HH folder right now, then zip them up and send em to you whenever it's done. Then you can figure out which I made more money on /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Big Limpin'
07-01-2005, 06:39 PM
ok, to officially pot it here....IM IN !!

A word of advice for all...PP HHs on yer hard drive only last for 10 days, so every week or so, be sure to copy the folder out

GL everyone...

I'm a big sucker for competition, so im really keen on this challenge. Not so much for the prizes offered, but just to attempt to garner nice-looking results for the month

Big Limpin'
07-01-2005, 06:39 PM
ok, to officially post it here....IM IN !!

A word of advice for all...PP HHs on yer hard drive only last for 10 days, so every week or so, be sure to copy the folder out

GL everyone...

I'm a big sucker for competition, so im really keen on this challenge. Not so much for the prizes offered, but just to attempt to garner nice-looking results for the month, and allow some trsah talking /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jon462
07-01-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok.. but I assume since you are only interested in total profit it will be safe for me to delete (after importing to PT, of course) the HH's of games I lose? I am going to have trouble storing the winning ones as it is..

Big Limpin'
07-01-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok.. but I assume since you are only interested in total profit it will be safe for me to delete (after importing to PT, of course) the HH's of games I lose? I am going to have trouble storing the winning ones as it is..

[/ QUOTE ]

they are *.txt files
what you keep backups on floppy disk????

Jeoke
07-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Count me in!

Good luck in the WSOP, Ill be rooting for ya! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

PBaek
07-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Hey Stupidsucker,

Best of luck in the WSOP:-)

I was wondering. Wasnt it you that had a sponsor thing going where people could buy shares in your bank roll? If it was - would these prizes be taken from this shared bank roll?

Regards, Peter.

jon462
07-01-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they are *.txt files
what you keep backups on floppy disk????

[/ QUOTE ]
no. i send them to hotmail email (bought the extra space so it doesnt fill up)- to outlook express, to PT.. where they are deleted. Sure they are only 120k or so.. but when you have 800 or so (I hope to be able to play about this much during the competition).. they add up..

To be honest im not sure how I will store them. If I keep them in Ooutlook express (which im sure I could hold them) it will be a pain telling PT to only import the ones it hasnt already imported already (and if i just tell it to import all of them it will lock up on me)... lol im just beginning to understand PT so maybe this is part of my problem..

ewing55
07-01-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm in. Only playing the 10s right now, but I'm gonna play a lot.

Good Lucky to you and everyone else, at least the ones not at my tables. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

---------------Jeff

good2cu
07-01-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm in, even though on eurobet it is a pain to keep track of my hand histories without getting them directed emailed to me

Benholio
07-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Very cool stupidsucker, I'm in for both of these challenges. Not sure if I'll be able to put in the volume to win, but I will give it a good shot anyway.

More importantly, good luck at the main event!

Benholio
07-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Very cool stupidsucker, I'm in for both of these challenges. Not sure if I'll be able to put in the volume to win, but I will give it a good shot anyway.

More importantly, good luck at the main event!!

ThaHero
07-01-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't even have money in my party account yet lol but count me in for both. It'll only take one transaction. I've been playin on Stars mostly so that might hurt me but we'll see.

Lefthander
07-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Pokertracker only checks hand histories in your inbox. You can create an Old Hand History folder and move them over to there without slowing down imports.

stupidsucker
07-01-2005, 09:13 PM
I am hard at work atm. I will respond to these individual questions asap. For anyone that is worried about HH space, you can forward the HHs now to me at 2xa@2xapoker.com

Only worry about your winners. I am not going to count losses. Its just too hard.

Do you all like the idea of doing challenges often? Id like to do this a lot more often, Just not this caliber.

4T25Q85
07-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Im in. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

stupidsucker
07-02-2005, 05:35 AM
still under 20 people... Id love to get this up to 100 people in the challenge. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SumZero
07-02-2005, 05:55 AM
I'd be in if I played the sites in question as this sounds like a great challenge. (And I may as well say I'm in the challenge in case the challenge pushes me to enroll and play on these sites. It is a long weekend after all).

Good luck at the WSOP. Hopefully this is the first year of you being one of the five guys (You know: "Why do you think the same five guys make it to the final table of the World Series of Poker EVERY YEAR?")

PapiChulo503
07-02-2005, 06:34 AM
U R the man! I dont think I have the skills necessary to participate in this challenge but I do like the idea. I like the way that this forum sticks together, congrats on your 1 year.

What do you mean by SWEAT you?

stupidsucker
07-02-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by SWEAT you?

[/ QUOTE ]

It means to cheer me on and be in my corner.(I think)
Not sure exactly where the term comes from originaly.

wmspringer
07-02-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm sure I won't make the top 25, but I'll join in just in case you win it all :-)

adanthar
07-02-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm in. Too bad I won't even play a tenth of the winner's total, heh.

4T25Q85
07-02-2005, 05:12 PM
im in

SavageMiser
07-02-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm in, though I don't stand a chance. Ha.

ilya
07-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Get a Gmail account. 2 gigs storage and constantly growing; you never have to worry about deleting old HHs. I have literally thousands saved in my two Gmail accounts.

ilya
07-02-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're gonna step down to the $33s? only $11s-$33s players are eligible, it seems.

The Yugoslavian
07-02-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're gonna step down to the $33s? only $11s-$33s players are eligible, it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Higher ones just get handicapped for the 'total winnings' challenge.

Yugoslav

stupidsucker
07-02-2005, 07:31 PM
If you signed up here please also sign up at the offical thread.
We can let this thread die. Move everything to one thread.

stupidsucker
07-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Click here to sign up (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2777601&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=&vc=#Post2777601)

BradleyT
07-02-2005, 07:58 PM
For the WSOP Challenge, why wouldn't someone only send in their 1st place finishes? What exactly is being scored?

stupidsucker
07-02-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the WSOP Challenge, why wouldn't someone only send in their 1st place finishes? What exactly is being scored?

[/ QUOTE ]

Example

player 1 has 50 ITMS (20-1st 10-2nds 20-3rds)
player 2 has 45 ITMS (25-1sts 10-2nds 10 3rds)

I will use a point system similar to the party payout
1st-5points
2nd-3points
3rd-2points
Doesnt matter what $$ level they play at. This will allow all levels to participate.

so in this example
player 1
20 x 5 = 100
10 x 3 = 30
20 x 2 = 40
-------------
170 points

Player 2
25 x 5 = 125
10 x 3 = 30
10 x 2 = 20
----------
175 points

Player 2 would be the higher ranked player

jon462
07-03-2005, 03:48 AM
haha, I have had 1938910489428 3rd place finishes today, was hoping they would be equal. /images/graemlins/blush.gif hafta go back to my original plan of just playing 24/7 the next 2 weeks to catch up haha.

Apathy
07-03-2005, 02:41 PM
I put the over under on the winner at 30k. Any action?

tshort
07-06-2005, 05:47 AM
A few hours late, but I'll take the challenge if you'll allow it.

stupidsucker
07-06-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A few hours late, but I'll take the challenge if you'll allow it.

[/ QUOTE ]

all day today is fine (July 6th)
but the challenge has moved to it's own thread. It should be on the 1st or 2nd page.

wuwei
07-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Count me in for the challenge, even though I suck at poker!

Good luck this week, Sucker. Kick some ass.