PDA

View Full Version : How's my line? AQo

Nikademus
07-01-2005, 12:47 PM
No real reads on people yet, this is somewhere around my 10th hand at the table. Comments on any street appreciated.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (9 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has As Qc (two pair, aces and queens).
MP2 has Qh 8h (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 11 BB. </font>

Hybrid_11
07-01-2005, 12:49 PM
One thing i would reccomend doing is not posting results to skew replies.

But to the hand I am raising that preflop prob 100% of the time. I honestly really do not like that flop bet since you did not show signs of aggression and with that draw heave board and you only having overs and the backdoor to a queen high flush the bet just does not seem like it would accomplish enough. Once the turn gives you the queen easy bet and likewise on the river

Nikademus
07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I don't. Sorry, still getting comfortable here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
But to the hand I am raising that preflop prob 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually don't like leading out in early position with AQo. I suppose I've been burned too many times with it.

nightlyraver
07-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Preflop: AQo does not play well multiway. If you want to play it, you must raise.

Flop: If this were HU I may bet, but you have absolutely noting on a draw heavy board. Check it since you do not want to give drawing hands good odds to call on the turn in case you hit your hand.

Turn: Obviously you bet here since you made your hand. There is probably no way to go for a check raise to protect your hand.

River: Again, no way to check raise. Bet and hope to get called by as many worse hands as possible. If raised, I would probably reraise.

Nikademus
07-01-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: Obviously you bet here since you made your hand. There is probably no way to go for a check raise to protect your hand.

River: Again, no way to check raise. Bet and hope to get called by as many worse hands as possible. If raised, I would probably reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my main question, I suppose. I couldn't think of a way a c/r would work.

Dan Rutter
07-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Do not bluff this flop, there are six people in, the flop most likely hit at least one of them, you do not have any cards that improve you, that you should be comfortable with.

crunchy1
07-01-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do not bluff this flop, there are six people in, the flop most likely hit at least one of them, you do not have any cards that improve you, that you should be comfortable with.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll agree that leading on that flop after not raising PF is a bit fishy.

My question is how do you figure that Hero doesn't have any cards that would improve him (that he should be comfortable with)?

Dan Rutter
07-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I do not think you can ever really be comfortable with a one pair hand in a multihanded pot.

Nikademus
07-01-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought was that with 6 limpers (including myself), I could represent that the flop *did* hit me, and hope to fold out some overcards.

What concerns you most, my betting that flop as UTG+1? Couldn't I be representing limping in with a middle suited connector? Thanks for the comments.

crunchy1
07-01-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do not think you can ever really be comfortable with a one pair hand in a multihanded pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that getting comfortable is something you should work on then. This sounds like weak/tight thinking to me.

Hybrid_11
07-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Its not about being comfortable if a or q comes its the hundreds of redraws even if he does hit

crunchy1
07-01-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My thought was that with 6 limpers (including myself), I could represent that the flop *did* hit me, and hope to fold out some overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]
You might fold out a King or Jack and that's good. You also could fold out a weaker Ace or Queen - I'm not so sure that this would be good. We want dominated hands drawing thin/dead in the pot paying us off. Furthermore, since you didn't hit the flop - it's likely on that coordinated board that someone else did and getting raised (or slowplayed) is going to likely cause you to dump some BBs.

I don't think a flop bet gains you enough equity to be correct on this flop.

Of course - you should've never been in this situation had you made the correct decision PF and raised.

Nikademus
07-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Great, thanks Crunchy.

Hybrid_11
07-01-2005, 02:00 PM
In these low limit games playres are not going that complex to put you on a suited connector to make that bet positive ev. your giving players way to much credit to make smart folds.

Nikademus
07-01-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your giving players way to much credit to make smart folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is likely true.

Dan Rutter
07-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Even if you are representing that hand (middle suited connector), the fact is that you will not get this large field to fold to your bluff. Someone will have something, and/or there will be numerous draws out there that will call. You will not know where you are in the hand Also, in this multihanded pot there will likely be a high percentage of your opponents that will not be thinking of what you are representing. You do have some overcards but once you hit one you still cannot think your hand is really strong. First it is highly probable that the one pair hand is not good at the moment, second there are likely numerous draws out there with a flop like this that will make it so you may not be the favorite to win the hand over the entire field. This thinking is not weak/tight, it is correct.

crunchy1
07-01-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In these low limit games playres are not going that complex to put you on a suited connector to make that bet positive ev. your giving players way to much credit to make smart folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm unclear as to whether your agreeing or disagreeing with me, what you're agreeing or disagreeing with or whether you're just restating what I posted?!? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hybrid_11
07-01-2005, 02:10 PM
that last post was towards nika who said he was hoping to represent a suited connector. It is hopeless to try and represent anything in these games especially something like that.

DBowling
07-01-2005, 02:30 PM
raise preflop, then the hand plays different

as it happened, im checking this flop to see what happens behind me and hopefully getting a free card. turn and river are fine.

deetle
07-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Raise Preflop
Check the flop- This flop missed you totally and is way to coordinated.
Bet the turn and river

hold_em
07-01-2005, 03:21 PM

But to the hand I am raising that preflop prob 100% of the time. I honestly really do not like that flop bet since you did not show signs of aggression and with that draw heave board and you only having overs and the backdoor to a queen high flush the bet just does not seem like it would accomplish enough. Once the turn gives you the queen easy bet and likewise on the river

ditto.