PDA

View Full Version : John Bonetti

Brad22
07-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Saw the Cardplayer interviews....seems like an upstanding guy.

I've heard his name alot at the WSOP, and read that he's cashed in 2/3 of the events that he's played in.

That true? Pretty impressive if so.

Paluka
07-01-2005, 12:32 PM
John Bonetti limped on the button into my big blind in a limit tourney once. There was no small blind that hand because the guy had just busted. I had AK, flop came K44. He had 47o. Nice hand.

jcmack13
07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
You checked AK in the big blind after a button limper?

trying2learn
07-01-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he was being sneaky - see where that gets you?

glen
07-01-2005, 01:00 PM
didn't you butcher that hand postflop? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Paluka
07-01-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised it preflop. He called. Flop K44 I bet he called. Turn was something. I checked, he bet, I checkraised, he called. River something, I bet, he raised, I called.

Paluka
07-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Also, all the replies to my post are very douchey. So good work, guys.

Brad22
07-01-2005, 01:16 PM
The sucks with the AK.

Is there any truth to the "cashed in 2/3 of events" claim that I read? I mean all-time, not this year.

As for a side not, he busted my friend at the $5,000 NL Hold'Em Final Table, KK vs. 66 - The Event that Cloutier won.

jcmack13
07-01-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was legitimately curious as to how you played the hand. Next time I will accompany my questions with a /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif so as to convey my true intent through the internet.

Punker
07-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Is this play so terrible? What if you'd had random two cards in the blind, airballed the flop, he'd bet and taken it (as would happen most of the time). After the flop, he played it well.

David
07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
I've seen him in action.......berates dealers unmercifully. I have played more than a little in games with him in Louisiana. Usually just teases and belittles dealers about any flaw they may have (dealing or even the way they talk or look). I have also seen him go on tirades complete with cussing, yelling, and threatening dealers. Most dealers sit quietly and take it in stride, but I have seen some come right back at him. One in particular, at The Isle of Capri in Lake Charles (a woman) justifiably (IMO) came right back at him and called the floor and told them either he was going to stop and never talk to her like that again or she was resigning. He stopped when the floor told him stop or be barred. These are things I have seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears, not hearsay. Other than berating dealers and belittling other players he's a real stand up guy.

Sponger15SB
07-01-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you're kinda a douche so I guess it works out pretty good.

FeliciaLee
07-01-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seems like an upstanding guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have got to be joking. LOL!

He brags about mafia hits he did in the 60's. Great guy, boasting about murdering other human beings.

Yes, he bragged to me about this last year at our Razz table, as if I was going to be impressed with his murder record and swoon into his arms. Lovely guy (gag).

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jimrummy54
07-02-2005, 01:29 AM
I imagine Bonetti is about 70-75 years old. Growing up in NYC, I knew a lot of Bonetti's. Guys of that era who to survive developed split personalities. They all had great smiles and could make you feel like a million dollars if they put on the charm.They were also capable of great cruelty and insensitivity. You never knew which guy would show up. You trended very carefully. That’s what they wanted. It put them in control. I'd lay 10-1 Bonetti never kill anyone. He might have been involved with some sh*t but not murder.