PDA

View Full Version : So, today's the day.

QTip
07-01-2005, 11:36 AM
I hope no one considers this noise, but a lot of people here were influential in the progress here and the things to consider, so I'm making this post.

It's finally my last day at work, so the poker adventure starts Monday. As trix mentioned in the July Goal Post, I'm quitting to become a Poker Bot.

Anyway, a lot of good things were discussed in this post. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2526798&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1) So, for those of you thinking about playing full time, you should read all the responses in that thread.

Anyway, in that thread Stankphish and MaxPower got me thinking about wanting to start a business again, and that idea has really complimented my desire to play cards full-time. So, I started a business as well. My current employer is going to be my first customer, and they already have a project for me next week. So, this is a fine start.

I've become addicted to this forum over the last several months...especially the last month. So, now I know what sthief felt like. However, I'm going to have to control myself and only post now here and there. I'm wanting to post at least 3 posts per day here though. So, I hope to still be able to glean here and give now and then as well.

I started a blog that's in my profile, where I'll be posting updates of my experience. I also plan on posting my poker graph and updating it there from time to time if folks are interesting in seeing that.

My database is going to get gigantic very quickly, so I think that will be fun for when people have questions about some stats that need some sample size with them. Also, I think I should probably get statking, but I've not heard much feedback about that software.

Anyway, thanks to everyone here for helping me learn the game. If you saw my first hand post ever, this thread is a shocker (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=1105442&page=& view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif However, it should also be encouraging to folks just starting out as well.

If you haven't been around, I made a couple of posts that included links to threads that really helped me grasp parts of the game.

QTip's Pooh Bah Post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=2048893 &fpart=&PHPSESSID=)

QTip's Carpal Tunnel Post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=2431157 &fpart=&PHPSESSID=)

And, this post about limit holdem being a game (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2423155&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1) seemed to strike a chord with many posters as well.

So...those are my 2+2 highlights.

Anyway, I'm very much still a learning player, but I'm able to beat the SS games at a good pace simply because of a tight/aggressive style. Anything more, I'm not really there yet.

So...anyway, this isn't good-bye, but I'll be here a lot less and that sucks for me. But just wanted to say thanks and give an explanation before I'm just not around much all of a sudden.

flair1239
07-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Good Luck. I really hope the best for you in this. Bottom line is I hope you will do well and have fun.

I look forward to hearing about your ups and hopefully not too many downs.

crunchy1
07-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Best of luck Q! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jskills
07-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Best of luck. I am very interested to see how it goes for you.

It really sounds to me as if you've done all the necessary preparsation and are approaching this very seriously and realistically.

smartalecc5
07-01-2005, 11:52 AM
May the poker gods be with you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SeaEagle
07-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Good luck. Hope it works out even better than your plans.

thejameser
07-01-2005, 12:07 PM
good luck owen. it sounds like you have things headed in an interesting direction. hopefully they work out as planned, if not better. i really liked your first post, it was indicative of a poker player that knows how to see right through the monitor into your opponents' hearts; i can see your thought process now: "Yeah, pocket tens, has to be; just call Owen, just call, you only have the second nuts". /images/graemlins/grin.gif

meep_42
07-01-2005, 12:19 PM
You're the man now, dog.

-d

Petro
07-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Good luck. Thanks for the collections of posts. You've got some really good links.

Buck_65
07-01-2005, 01:53 PM
I can honestly say I've learned more from you than any other poster by a wide margin. I wouldn't have increased my PFR from a school girl 7 to a modestly manly 10.5 without you.

It's unfortunate I won't be seeing you around as much. The "problem" with being as creative and motivated as QTip is that they quickly outgrow this forum in one way or another, be it in limits or in non-poker life. Just understand that you've had a huge impact on many of us, and we appreciate it immensely. Thank you, and good luck in whatever life brings you.

Grease
07-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Good luck man. Way to make a jump most people can only ever dream about in their lives. I'm sure that you will pwn the games (based on your solid advice in the forum). Keep us updated.

QTip
07-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks to everyone for the best wishes and the kind words.

DawnToDusk
07-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Good luck man with both your new ventures. Be sure to stay a regular around here. I haven't exactly posted a lot but I read a lot of posts daily and try to take in everything that is going on and have found your replays really helpful and knowledgeable.

Be sure to post some stats from time to time so we can discuss it as well. I am looking to try poker as a full time job for a year at least in the future and would love to be able to go over someones stats who is doing the same thing.

<3s and good luck again man.