PDA

View Full Version : Seat Assignment @ WSOP

cameroncrazy
07-01-2005, 10:43 AM
I read Negreanu's blog. In today's he that he bought into all the WSOP events and expected to be assigned to tables that would break last, which is an advantage. I remember reading in Arieh's blog where he and Lindgren have been seated at the same table several times due to going to the site together to buy-in.

I would think this is a major flaw in the system. I was quite surprised that this is how WSOP events are operated. (Is the WPT the same?) I know closing registration and then posting seat assignments immediately after would be hard to do logistically, but there has to be a better way.

Aren't there are lot of potentially harmful effects of a system that isn't random?

sammysusar
07-01-2005, 11:22 AM
The early seat assignment tables actually were usually the first tables to break in the earlier events. Heard someone complaining about this. I bought early into a couple those tables broke early also. Is probably marginally unfair but is better that they let you pre register.

cameroncrazy
07-01-2005, 01:55 PM
I guess I am equally (if not more so) concerned about the fact that people registering together so frequently end up on the same table.

Scooterdoo
07-01-2005, 03:03 PM
There was a problem intially regarding the issue with people registering together getting assigned the same table. They were made aware of the issue and I thought they fixed it.

Regarding tables breaking... while at some point it's nice to stay at a table for the duration it's not always desirable to be at a table for the entire tournament. I'm often in situations where I just can't get anything going and it isn't until I move to a new table, with new faces (and people who haven't seen my game) that things start picking up.