PDA

View Full Version : limit o8 starting standards.

someday
07-01-2005, 10:23 AM
The following is from an online article i read a while back, cant remeber where. its pretty much how i play.

any thoughts?

a) Any four cards above a nine, double suited
b) Any four cards above a nine with two of them suited (middle position or better)
c) Any four card above a nine, rainbow (late position only)
d) Any A2
e) Any AA hand
f) Any A3 hand with the ace suited (middle position or better)
g) Any A3 hand with the ace unsuited (late position only)
h) Any KK hand (late position only)
i) Any 234 (late position only

dcasper70
07-01-2005, 10:49 AM
IMO, this is fairly safe and profitable, but you're leaving lots of money on the table. Loosen up a little....

You might want to check out the Hutchison Omaha System (http://www.homestead.com/ehutchison/OmahaSystem.html) for some ideas.

Took me about 3-4 months or so to really get the feel for this game, and Hutchison sure made that first couple months less painful...

Wintermute
07-01-2005, 01:56 PM
I'll take A45 over 234 any day.

Ironman
07-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Winter makes a good point.

My personal preference for starting hands is a little different (I'm talking about limit play here, not my PLO starting requirements which are looser.)

I don't agree with the "any AA" theory, especially from up front. It's better have something nice to go with it.

I will play any four cards above a 9 from early position as well for a bet to see the flop.

I don't agree with the "any KK" from late position. Again, it needs to have something to go with it, especially if there are early limpers.

Ribbo made an interesting point about a month ago when reviewing what looked like a potentially strong hand but turned out to be a little weak. He said to the poster, "you are only playing two cards in a four card game." Now, I try to pick hands where all four cards are working together in some way and I'm much happier.

The rest looks like my game.

Dave

gergery
07-01-2005, 02:38 PM
c) I won’t play if its just rainbow, unless there is a pair QQ or better
g) I won’t play bad A3’s
h) I want KK at least single suited or with connected sidecards or with some low potential
i) need something else besides just 234, like suited to K or 2,5,6,7

I’ll play good A4 suited hands with the other sidecards are good ie. 5x, KK, 67ds, etc.