PDA

View Full Version : Fourth of July BBQs Unite - What do you put on your burger?

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 09:38 AM
So, you have everything at your disposal? What's going on your burger?

Me? My friends and I have a thing called the Mamma Pappa burger that we make while campinhg. It's pretty sick...

three halves of a bun (preferrably a kaiser roll)
three burgers
port wine cheese spread
shredded lettuce
red onion
AT least one slice/type of cheese on each burger
mayo/ketchup
sliced pickle.

all ingredients are place proportionately amongst the three sections of the burger.

Yours?

P.S. If you are firing up some tasty burgers this weekend; not having shredded lettuce or onion readily available for your guests, is a crime against humanity.

Freakin
07-01-2005, 09:49 AM
I can't bring myself to eat hamburgers. Something about staring at the ground beef while I'm eating it. I'll eat all sorts of other things with ground beef in them, and I'm almost entirely carnivorous (with the exception of melon, and a few other fruits). I know I'm missing out big time, I just can't stand them whenever I eat them.

And I take vitamins to try to make up for my gross vitamin deficincies caused by lack of vegatables.

Freakin

CollinEstes
07-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I really enjoy this burger recipe from Bobby Flay.

Cook the burgers same but when they have about a minute left take them off and put them in the bun with two slices of Pepper Jack (or any white cheese) and spread a pre-made roasted garlic mayo on the buns and put them toghether. Then wrap the burgers in foil and put back on grill. Now use a heavy pan or brick and set it on top of the burgers for about a 1-1/12 min.

Bam smashed cuban style burgers. No veggies or anything else. Just an easy eating burger.

Macdaddy Warsaw
07-01-2005, 09:59 AM
I suck. I just put a slice of cheese (whatever's available really) and some BBQ sauce and I'm good to go.

MoreWineII
07-01-2005, 10:03 AM
CHILI

CollinEstes
07-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Chili is a staple where I live in Texas. I wife loves Chili on her omelette.

beerbandit
07-01-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
port wine cheese spread

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting might have to try that one

mine -

+bun - slightly toasted
+burger - with a little season salt/pepper and pink in the middle, just the way i like it
+cheese - cheddar, may a slice of mozz
+thin slice of tomato
+miracle whip on each side of the bun
+ketchup - some on the side to possible for dunking
+a little spicy mustard
+maybe some sauteed mushrooms with cooked onions
+piece of lettuce
+possibly a little bbq sauce, depends on the mood though

i like pickles but would rather have them on the side

im sure im forgetting something

sounds good, i may have to make one this weekend - ive got some ny strips for grilling and tonights a little fish fry

cheers - have a safe holiday

samjjones
07-01-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, you have everything at your disposal? What's going on your burger?

Me? My friends and I have a thing called the Mamma Pappa burger that we make while campinhg. It's pretty sick...

three halves of a bun (preferrably a kaiser roll)
three burgers
port wine cheese spread
shredded lettuce
red onion
AT least one slice/type of cheese on each burger
mayo/ketchup
sliced pickle.

all ingredients are place proportionately amongst the three sections of the burger.

Yours?

P.S. If you are firing up some tasty burgers this weekend; not having shredded lettuce or onion readily available for your guests, is a crime against humanity.

[/ QUOTE ] http://www.pyrrha.org/pulp/char/julesbanner.jpg

chaas4747
07-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Ketchup, Spicy Mustard, Red Onion, Pickles, Pepper Jack Cheese.

I usually use Worcestershire Sauce, and Lawry's seasoning salt when cooking them.

jakethebake
07-01-2005, 10:17 AM
I usually mix a little chopped garlic in the meat. Cook with worcestershire and black pepper. I put mayo, mustard, onion, pickle, cheddar cheese on the burger. That's my standard.

Sometimes I'll go with chili & cheese. Or pico de gallo.

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 10:21 AM
This is nice. My mom makes these italian burgers with minced garlic/onion/pepper and cheese cooked in with the ground beef.

Edginator
07-01-2005, 11:05 AM
The "Custom"

*Toasted buns
*When manipulating the ground beef into patties, make a pocket so its basically two thin ones.
*Insert Jalapenos into the pocket and seal it
*Shredded lettuce
*Red Onion
*Famous Daves Devil's Spit BBQ Sauce
*Splash of Tobassco on burger

Done and done...

NutCrackerr
07-01-2005, 11:12 AM
The best burger topping? Shredded BBQ pork.

nothumb
07-01-2005, 11:18 AM
My all-time favorite burger recipe:

For each pound of beef, beat one egg and mix thoroughly into the beef before shaping. Can also be done at a 1 egg for each 1.5 pounds ratio for a less heavy burger (these come out heavy as hell).

In the patties, also include finely minced garlic, pepper, and other seasoning to taste. I like to use a little bit of oregano but it's up to you.

I usually serve these with sauteed onions, lettuce, tomato, Swiss, provolone, and condiments all available, but I usually just throw a little cheese and a smidge of ketchup on mine.

Best served with Potato Snacks as well. Dice a few pounds of white potatoes, mix with hot pepper, hot sauce, salt, garlic, onion powder, and fry em in a skillet with some olive oil. Lay em flat on a sheet and cover em with jack cheese, stick em in the oven till it's good and melted, eat with a fork. MMMMMM.

NT

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My all-time favorite burger recipe:

For each pound of beef, beat one egg and mix thoroughly into the beef before shaping. Can also be done at a 1 egg for each 1.5 pounds ratio for a less heavy burger (these come out heavy as hell).

In the patties, also include finely minced garlic, pepper, and other seasoning to taste. I like to use a little bit of oregano but it's up to you.

I usually serve these with sauteed onions, lettuce, tomato, Swiss, provolone, and condiments all available, but I usually just throw a little cheese and a smidge of ketchup on mine.

Best served with Potato Snacks as well. Dice a few pounds of white potatoes, mix with hot pepper, hot sauce, salt, garlic, onion powder, and fry em in a skillet with some olive oil. Lay em flat on a sheet and cover em with jack cheese, stick em in the oven till it's good and melted, eat with a fork. MMMMMM.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored] those potato snacks sound good.

CollinEstes
07-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Those Potatoes sound good boy.

For another Potato side I like to make Roasted Pobalano Mashed Potatoes. Put three large Pobalano's on the grill and let them roast for awhile. Meanwhile just make normal Mashed Potatoes. Combine the roasted pobalanos chopped finely into heavy cream and add to the potatoes as you mash with Monterray Jack cheese.

MoreWineII
07-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Damn skippy they do.

beerbandit
07-01-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice - will try this weekend for sure

cheers

dabluebery
07-01-2005, 11:31 AM
I can't believe two of my 200 something posts at 2+2 are dedicated to what I put on a burger, but I can't quite pull the trigger on "Use the Search Function" yet. I just don't have that in me.

American Cheese, BBQ sauce, sauteed mushroooms, cucumbers (not pickles) cooked RARE. Red means taste.

Rob

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn skippy they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMing with my FB, I just cut and paste the recipe:

her: yummy
her: whos this?
me: some post on my poker messageboard
me: i want this
me: make me the potato snacks
her: I can make those
me: can you make them tonight?

astroglide
07-01-2005, 11:36 AM
plain yellow mustard, that's it.

MoreWineII
07-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Funny, me too. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

OtisTheMarsupial
07-01-2005, 11:43 AM
My burger is a garden burger or boca burger.

I like
spicy mustard and/or relish mayo
lettuce
tomatoe
swiss or jack cheese

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My burger is a garden burger or boca burger.

I like
spicy mustard and/or relish mayo
lettuce
tomatoe
swiss or jack cheese

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't win friends with salad.

chaas4747
07-01-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Damn skippy they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, My GF's Dad is in town tomorrow night. I am grilling and just sent this to her. We will be serving NT potatoes with our meal. Or Does OOT have a better name?

chaas4747
07-01-2005, 11:52 AM
This is not a burger. A burger is made out of somthing that once made some sort of animal sound and is now dead. This is a side salad on a bun.

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Damn skippy they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, My GF's Dad is in town tomorrow night. I am grilling and just sent this to her. We will be serving NT potatoes with our meal. Or Does OOT have a better name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thumbless Potato's.

slamdunkpro
07-01-2005, 12:06 PM
OK, my best burgers.

First go to the grocery store or your butcher and buy a bottom round roast. Then ask them to grind it fresh. You’ll be amazed at the difference.

Second.

Mix ground round with diced garlic, coarse ground black pepper, minced onions to taste, woschteshire (sp?) sauce (not too much) and then make the mixture wet with Italian salad dressing (clear – like Good Seasons) Mold into burgers of about 6-8 ounces each, nice and thick. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes so they firm up. While this is going on start your smoker if you have one.

Now, get your grill hot enough to melt steel. Oil the grates and put the burgers on for about 90 seconds per side ( 2 –3 minutes / side if you don’t have a smoker for medium rare)until nicely seared. Then, if you have a smoker, throw the burgers in at 220 degrees for about 6-12 minutes. (You are smoking ribs and a brisket too… right?)

Melt sharp cheddar cheese on top, add crispy bacon, place on a toasted Kaiser roll and sharp brown mustard. (ketchup and mayo if you’re a heathen) and eat with a cold Lethal-Rita (see below)

Lethal-Ritas (pat pending)

You need a large bowl food processor for this – a blender will not do as blenders add air, plus it won’t cut the drink fine enough.

You will need:
1 bottle Jose Curevo regular tequila
1 bottle Jose Curevo 1800 tequila
1 bottle Tarantula citrus tequila
1 bottle Roses Lime juice
1 bottle Triple Sec (any brand – don’t waste your money on an expensive orange liquor like GM)
1 can 6oz Minute Maid Lime Aid concentrate
1 box Eddy’s Frozen Lime pops.
20-25 oz ice

Place a bottle each of Jose Curevo regular tequila, Cuervo 1800, and Tarantula citrus tequila in a deep freezer for at least an hour (overnight is better). Chill some roses lime juice and triple sec in the fridge. (This is an important step – I said they were good – not easy!)

Put the ice in your food processor and grind until it’s snow. You may have to scrape the sides a couple of times.

Add the Lime-Aid (don’t throw the can away) and 3 Eddy’s pops broken up. While running add 4 ozs Triple Sec and about 2 ozs Roses Lime juice. At this point the mixture should start to blend. If is does – blend until smooth , if not ….

Measure out 6 ozs of Jose regular (the lime aid can is 6 oz - how convenient!!) Add slowly until the mix just starts to blend. Once it starts to blend let it go until smooth It should be the consistence of a really thick slurpee or soft ice cream.

Once you reach this point add the rest of the JC regular plus 3 oz (9 total) then add 3 oz of 1800 and 3 of Tarantula. Do this quick. The Rita’s will thin but because the liquor is colder than ice it will thicken back up. Run for 30 seconds – scrap into glasses, and enjoy! (salt optional) makes about 6 (or 3 killers)

Happy 4th!

beerbandit
07-01-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome

MoreWineII
07-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Po-Great-O's

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

MrWookie47
My burger:

2 1/3 lb patties
2 thick slices of extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 slice of Walla Walla sweet onion
Dinosaur BBQ sauce
Hot Horseraddish mustard

nothumb
07-01-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Damn skippy they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thumbless Potato's.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sweet, although I have to say, I did not totally invent this recipe.

BTW these are best if you dice them pretty finely and get them really crispy.

NT

utmt40
07-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Here is my specialty burger. You need one hotdog slice it down the middle long ways. Then through the middle of the sliced part. You should have 4 slices. Then put that on the bottom of your bun. I usually put some mayo on the bottom bun 2. Then I put lettuce on top of the dog. Then the burger its self. along with whatever else you want on it. Try this it is good.

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats confusing about this Jake?

Shredded lettuce is a key ingredient for any burger.

And you absolutely cannot win friends with salad; or gazpacho either.

jakethebake
07-01-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shredded lettuce IS salad.

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no it's lettuce. a salad is a combination of vegetables (often including lettuce but not necesarily-i.e. chicken salad) to make a dish that is served on it's own.

MoreWineII
07-01-2005, 12:34 PM
If you're eating salad at a BBQ, you should just stop and go play Frisbee with the kids.

jakethebake
07-01-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no it's lettuce. a salad is a combination of vegetables (often including lettuce but not necesarily-i.e. chicken salad) to make a dish that is served on it's own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. It's all rabbit food.

beerbandit
07-01-2005, 12:38 PM
i dont think ive seen anyone put bacon --- i could toss that on if im not feeling lazy and will cook it up

beerbandit
07-01-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is my specialty burger. You need one hotdog slice it down the middle long ways. Then through the middle of the sliced part. You should have 4 slices. Then put that on the bottom of your bun. I usually put some mayo on the bottom bun 2. Then I put lettuce on top of the dog. Then the burger its self. along with whatever else you want on it. Try this it is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i will -- hotdog is my second favorite food group

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. It's all rabbit food.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's awesome when it's hitting the mayo and on top of two 1/4 pound pattys.