PDA

View Full Version : KQ 3/6 SH

winky51
07-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

Considering this is SH and people raise with anything was this line of play correct?

Moneyline
07-01-2005, 08:17 AM
I would 3bet preflop unless the raiser is tight. KQs is a lot of hand, and I think it has an edge over most hands people would open-raise with two off the button.

I would also probably take the hand to the showdown. The pot is decent sized and it's not unheard of for players to run big bluffs heads-up against a tight player.

jjacky
07-01-2005, 08:39 AM
i don't like it.

preflop i tend to raise, but it's probably close either way.

if you are beat on the turn, you may very well have 4 outs to a boat, but almost surely 2 outs. you have a decent chance to be ahead, against Ax /images/graemlins/heart.gif, A5s, AJ or AT. this possibilitys combined with 9:1 pot odds make the fold very questionable imo.

if you think you can't call a 3-bet don't raise the turn.

sekrah
07-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Agree.. i don't like raising the turn. Call the turn, take another card.

winky51
07-01-2005, 12:06 PM
You both are absolutly right. Before I read these replies I was thinking about the hand.

Player X is betting.

If he is behind raising will make him fold -1 BB
If he is ahead raising will make me lose a card on the river or pay 1 more for the showdown -1 BB
Calling allows him to continue bluffing with hands like AT, 99, 88, Ax. It also achieves lets me see the river for the same price with sucking out opportunities

The player had QQ. I should have reraised PF. would have defined my hand better in SH. Still not used to SH play.