PDA

View Full Version : ahhh the freeroll, tactic testing time

AceofSpades
07-01-2005, 05:12 AM
I like to mess around in the freeroll and try different strategies/levels of aggressiveness. Anybody else like to mess around like this and find any interesting strategies?

This one I'm seeing how it is to push any Ax, and limp suited connectors and push any top pair/open end straight draws.

I'll let you know if anything interesting happens.

haven't gotten called yet.....playing this hand range makes you look extremely tight

Rosie5
07-01-2005, 07:06 AM
bet365 poker is having 20k freerolls every saturday this month, just a heads up /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MY freeroll strategy was usually to stay tight early on and then sniff glue in the bathroom of a gas station after I take an agonizing beat to get knocked out.

Really, Devising any kind of plan for those things is usually frivolous. Just try to play sanely but try to get coinflips as often as possible early on, personally I don't want to waste 3 hours trying make the money with little chance because I never got an opportunity to make any chips.

In a tournament I have stake in, I'd say that strategy is ridiculous. But in a freeroll i want to double up quick or go do something else. I'm a gambling man when It's free, but as I get closer to the $ my chips are actually worth something so I won't be a donk