The Stranger
07-01-2005, 03:19 AM
The final pairing, plus some tie-breakers for the final rankings:

DemonDeac
07-01-2005, 03:21 AM
SEINFELD WILL TAKE IT DOWN!!!

-Skeme-
07-01-2005, 03:33 AM
I can't believe ANYBODY thinks Futurama is better than Fresh Prince. That's just ridiculous.

2+2 wannabe
07-01-2005, 03:37 AM
[censored] seinfeld!!!!

jerry: went on a date with a tickler
george: she's a tickler
jerry: and i'm a stickler for a tickler
george: you're a stickler for a tickler
jerry/george: stickler tickler stickler tickler tickler tickler

Grisgra
07-01-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe ANYBODY thinks Fresh Prince is better than Futurama. That's just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

By the way . . . sorry, Simpsons . . . you started out great but jumped the shark about ten years ago. Seinfeld, on the other hand, was just consistently damned strong.

Sephus
07-01-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe ANYBODY thinks Fresh Prince is better than Futurama. That's just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

By the way . . . sorry, Simpsons . . . you started out great but jumped the shark about ten years ago. Seinfeld, on the other hand, was just consistently damned strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

but the best 30 simpsons episodes are far, far better than the best seinfeld episodes, and that does it for me.

The Stranger
07-01-2005, 03:45 AM
I hate Futurama.

Notice, however, that Katie Segal made the top 8 in two different shows.

fluorescenthippo
07-01-2005, 03:53 AM
the first about 6 seasons of the simpsons were awesome. now, you couldnt pay me to watch that crap

The Stranger
07-01-2005, 10:22 AM
morning bump

jakethebake
07-01-2005, 10:23 AM
How can this be the finals with 8 shows left? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

benza13
07-01-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the first about 6 seasons of the simpsons were awesome. now, you couldnt pay me to watch that crap

[/ QUOTE ]

The last few seasons of the Simpsons are getting better, IMO. They haven't been as good as the golden years, but they are better than any of the other crap out there on TV and for the most part it has been solid seasons with some great episodes, not a few good episodes and a bunch of shitty ones like the seasons 9-14 or so.

MoreWineII
07-01-2005, 10:29 AM
I can't in good conscience vote for either show in pairing one as the best ever. But the Simspons was far better than Seinfeld. Seinfeld should be about number four.

I declare Cheers the winner. NOOOOOOOOOORM!

The Stranger
07-01-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can this be the finals with 8 shows left? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

from the original post:
[ QUOTE ]

The final pairing, plus some tie-breakers for the final rankings:

[/ QUOTE ]

Seinfeld vs. Simpsons is for #1
The next one for #3
The next one for #5
and the last one for #7.

I hope this clears things up for you.

TheIrishThug
07-01-2005, 11:44 AM
anybody else realize we could have just skipped the whole rounds and just this one? since its 1 and 2 fighting for first and so on

masse75
07-01-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The last few seasons of the Simpsons are getting better, IMO. They haven't been as good as the Golden Girls, but they are better than any of the other crap out there on TV and for the most part it has been solid seasons with some great episodes, not a few good episodes and a bunch of shitty ones like the seasons 9-14 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Estelle Geddy is awesome.

jakethebake
07-01-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't but thanks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jacki
07-01-2005, 01:28 PM
I know this has been discussed in the other votes, but....
Any rational TV viewer over the age of 18 would get past #3 and spit milk out their nose.
Where is MASH?
Cosby Show?
Newhart Show? --both of them?
All in the Family?
My Two Dads?
Yikes.

jakethebake
07-01-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My Two Dads?
Yikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes is right.

DMBFan23
07-01-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe ANYBODY thinks Futurama is better than Fresh Prince. That's just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Stranger
07-01-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't but thanks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

okay. 16 shows started out. That was weeded down to 8. Then there were four. Now there are two.

So now, rather than posting one poll, which would probably be a landslide anyway, I put the others, so that when the voting is all done (11:59 PM PT Monday), I can report the results one through eight. Otherwise it would have been:

1-
2-
tied for 3-
tied for 5-
tied for 7-

So there are not eight shows remaining.

steaknshake925
07-02-2005, 12:41 AM
how come no one mentioned friends? isnt it like the biggest sitcom ever? was really good too.

-Skeme-
07-02-2005, 12:45 AM
No, Futurama sucks. It's made me LOL like once. Fresh Prince has tons of classic episodes. And the best opening scenes, by far. It's not even close.

[censored]
07-02-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how come no one mentioned friends?? was really good too.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by was you mean the first 2-3 seasons, then yeah ok. If not, then No!

-Skeme-
07-02-2005, 12:50 AM
Friends sucks. Seinfeld is better than everything. Simpsons was better than everything except Seinfeld. Fresh Prince is better than Futurama and Family Guy is better than everything except Seinfeld.

Willluck
07-02-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Simpsons was better than everything except Seinfeld. ...and Family Guy is better than everything except Seinfeld.

[/ QUOTE ]
that doesn't make much sense now, does it?

CallMeIshmael
07-02-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to post the exact opposite of this.

I mean, I dont think Futurama is great. But, Fresh Prince was pure cookie cutter television.

The Stranger
07-02-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to post the exact opposite of this.

I mean, I dont think Futurama is great. But, Fresh Prince was pure cookie cutter television.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Smith's charisma carried the show, but all the other actors were very solid as well.

The show still does very well in syndication, nearly ten years later. The show ran only from 1990-96.

I believe Fresh Prince is a far better than average television show. Top eight sitcom of all time? Probably not, in my opinion. But very good.

whiskeytown
07-02-2005, 01:38 AM
worst poll ever -

half of them are in the wrong columns, - some AREN'T finished yet - (I assume you meant Series finale, not season) -

Some, like Futurama, got a raw deal and cancelled before they could write a good finale -

terrible poll -

futurama rules

RB

The Stranger
07-02-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
worst poll ever -

half of them are in the wrong columns, - some AREN'T finished yet - (I assume you meant Series finale, not season) -

Some, like Futurama, got a raw deal and cancelled before they could write a good finale -

terrible poll -

futurama rules

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst? Did you follow the first three rounds of this? It might not be perfect, but it is far from the worst. Blow me.

-Skeme-
07-02-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that doesn't make much sense now, does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes perfect sense. I said Simpsons WAS better. I was splitting the good Simpsons between the current horrible ones. Classic vintage Simpsons are better than Family Guy. It's hard to follow.

And Futurama isn't funny at all. I don't see why anybody likes it.

CallMeIshmael
07-02-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Will Smith's charisma carried the show, but all the other actors were very solid as well.

The show still does very well in syndication, nearly ten years later. The show ran only from 1990-96.

I believe Fresh Prince is a far better than average television show. Top eight sitcom of all time? Probably not, in my opinion. But very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, there arent a lot of shows I dont find cookie cutterish.

Though its obviously not flattering, its not like it means I hated the show either.

M2d
07-02-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Two Dads?
Yikes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yikes is right.

[/ QUOTE ]
and Charles in Charge was massively robbed from the git go.

ptmusic
07-02-2005, 04:37 AM
FOOK! I am so damn tired I voted for Seinfeld when the obvious choice is the Simpsons.

I'm sure I'm not alone, and therefore this poll is inaccurate.

Long live the greatest sitcom ever: The Simpsons!!

-ptmusic

ptmusic
07-02-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My Two Dads?
Yikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Why don't you just toss in Full House and Too Close For Comfort while you're at it?

-ptmusic

The once and future king
07-02-2005, 07:36 AM
So you actualy find the fresh prince of bell end funny.

If you are under the age of 20 (when watching it originaly) this makes some kind of sense. If you watch it above this age now I defy you to find it funny.

If you do, er each to there own I suppose

I have to say it is tragic that FPBellend got this far.

Hal 2000
07-02-2005, 02:10 PM
The Simpsons hasn't been the same since Barney got sober.

fluxrad
07-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Simpsons jumped the shark like 5 years ago.

The only unfunny episode of Seinfeld was the show's finale.