PDA

View Full Version : 10+1: I probably should have folded this ITM

IvyGrizzly
06-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Blinds 150/300, stacks after posting:
Hero: t2670
SB: t2630
BB: r2250

SB has been folding a lot, will probably only call with a strong ace, KJ+, or a pair. BB is looser, but his range only differs in that he'll call with any ace.

Hero: 67o, pushes on a blind steal.

bkbluedevil
07-01-2005, 12:15 AM
If you have their ranges right then this is meerly a math problem. Eastbays tool says it's a fold (-.4% of PP, with AT+ defining good ace)

Another thing to consider if SB is a lot tighter than BB, it would be better to fold marginally profitable hands here to retain a good image and then push any two from the SB every orbit.

IvyGrizzly
07-01-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have their ranges right then this is meerly a math problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say the given range (pretty standard) is close enough to correct that +/- a few hands wouldn't make a large % difference.

bkbluedevil
07-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Yes, very likely you are right. Plus like I said in my second point even if their calling ranges would be slightly off shifting this to a push (which I don't think it would) I'd still fold as you have a much better opportunity when you are in SB.

rvg72
07-01-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB has been folding a lot, will probably only call with a strong ace, KJ+, or a pair. BB is looser, but his range only differs in that he'll call with any ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet that their calling ranges (especially the BB after SB folds) are a lot looser than that given that it is down to 3 and that would make it even more -EV...