PDA

View Full Version : Stern Leaving E!

James Boston
06-30-2005, 11:35 PM
I was just watching Stern on TV, and he non-chalantly metioned that the E! show was going away. Google gave me nothing and neither did his site. Anybody have any links related to this?

Monkeyslacks
06-30-2005, 11:38 PM
E! pulls the plug on Stern (http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/62305-ent-stern.html)

Search Google news for this kind of stuff.

James Boston
06-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Hmmm...

I wonder if Sirius had anything to do with that? You'd think another cable network would go after it if.

Uglyowl
07-01-2005, 12:22 AM
I have no idea how they would pull that off with the language, etc. involved. Just too much to censor to make it worthwhile.

Maybe HBO or something could pick it up. Doubt it though.

krazyace5
07-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Something where they can get rid of the censorship would be nice.

Willluck
07-01-2005, 01:01 AM
E! will regret this decision for years to come. This is the best late night show ever. Oh well, maybe it will go to HBO or Showtime.

youtalkfunny
07-01-2005, 01:17 AM
E! has got several YEARS worth of shows they can re-run.

Why keep paying top dollar, when the new shows are just re-treads of the old shows?

Brainwalter
07-01-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
E! has got several YEARS worth of shows they can re-run.

Why keep paying top dollar, when the new shows are just re-treads of the old shows?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The network says it's time for the network's "late-night programming to evolve."

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't sound like that's their plan.

jakethebake
07-01-2005, 08:45 AM
This news was out about a week after he signed with Sirius.

dcasper70
07-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Buy XM Sattelite Radio

Listen to O&A for a month

You'll realize that Stern is just old & miserable

jakethebake
07-01-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Buy XM Sattelite Radio

Listen to O&A for a month

You'll realize that Stern is just old & miserable

[/ QUOTE ]

...and I thought he was just incredibly obnoxious. I'm really behind the times. When did he go from obnoxious to to old and miserable?

Macdaddy Warsaw
07-01-2005, 11:29 AM
I stopped listening to O & A after the St. Patrick's Cathedral thing got them pulled off the air in NYC, but they were hilarious, and consistantly better than Stern (although I didn't listen to much Stern, but my dad was a huge fan, so anytime I was in the car with him in the morning, Stern would be on).

But yeah, Opie and Anthony are hilarious. Any chance there are webcasts available of them?

dcasper70
07-01-2005, 11:34 AM
I have XM at home, but still listen to Stern on my morning commute. Used to love him, now he spends way too much time complaining and not enough time doing what made him famous, lesbians & strippers.
Still, I have to give him credit on his interviewing skills, best in the business on that front.

Give O&A a month and you'll never go back...

dcasper70
07-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Tons of O&A webcasts are out there. I'll see if I can find you a link to them. Might want to start with www.foundrymusic.com (http://www.foundrymusic.com) or www.opieanthony.com. (http://www.opieanthony.com.)

Jimmy Norton is way funnier than Artie too...

PokerFink
07-01-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe HBO or something could pick it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been saying for years that Stern would be one of the best shows on TV if it were on HBO.

Please, god, let this happen.

-Skeme-
07-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Uncensored Stern on HBO would be insane.