PDA

View Full Version : PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.14 Released

PokerAce
06-30-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.14.

PA Hud is an application along the lines of GameTime+ and PlayerView. It reads information about your opponents and places them directly on the poker table window for easy access.

Download PA Hud Here (http://www.caeddyn.com/pokerace/)

What's New in Version 0.14:

* Popup stats! All those stats you don't have room for on the window can now be seen in the popup. Simply left-click on a player to see their stats.

* New stats added:
-- "Name" - Name of the player.
-- "Cold Call Preflop" - The % of times player cold calls preflop.
-- "Folds to Flop Bet" - The % of times player folds to a flop bet.
-- "Folds to Turn Bet" - The % of times player folds to a turn bet.
-- "Folds to River Bet" - The % of times player folds to a river bet.

* Minor bug fixes.

** Special note. This installation will not wipe out your layout and configuration files.

Here are a few major upcoming features:

Tournament Support. This includes SnGs and MTT.

Additional poker site support. More poker sites will be supported shortly.

Omaha support. Support for PT Omaha statistics.

It's still a tossup between additional poker sites and omaha support as to which one gets added first. Let me know how you feel. The feature with the most demand will get done first.

If you have any questions or comments, please send them to me. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

APerfect10
06-30-2005, 10:12 PM
You've officially surpassed GT+ and PV...combined!

Congratulations!

PokerAce
06-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Not quite yet, I still need to get tourney support, Omaha support and a few additional sites. Give me another few weeks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jarekb
06-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Here's my vote to have support for more poker sites before Omaha.

theRealMacoy
06-30-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's my vote to have support for more poker sites before Omaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jarekb
06-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I plan to bonuswhore 7 cryptic sites tomorrow, so if you feel like pulling an all nighter I'll make sure to drop a thank you note from my neteller account (well seems you only accept paypal, so paypal it is).

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 12:16 AM
I found and fixed another bug. If you check the 'Show Stats From Current Limit Only' option and you play at a 9 max table, no stats will appear. This has been fixed in version 0.15.

You really don't need to download this version unless this bug affects you, nothing else was changed.

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Sorry my friend, I pulled an all nighter earlier this week trying to get the new version out. I'm not about to do another. Support for those sites will make it in, but not by tomorrow.

Jarekb
07-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Heh I was kidding (well...half kidding). Any idea which sites you plan to add first?

bubbahotep
07-01-2005, 12:40 AM
My vote is for more sites over omaha support.

I havent had a chance to try the app yet (no money at party skins - tied up elsewhere). Does it start showing stats for a table immediately or do you have to play a hand at the table first, like GT+?

MaxPowerPoker
07-01-2005, 12:49 AM
As soon as the first hand that you observe/play is complete, the stats display.

kevyk
07-01-2005, 12:51 AM
PokerAce,

Thanks very much for writing this piece of code. I found it far superior to GT+ and PlayerView. It also seems to make far more efficient use of system resources. I will take note when you begin to accept Neteller donations and send something. Thanks again.

Kevin

kevyk
07-01-2005, 12:55 AM
One small issue: saving changes in the configuration manager causes the system to hang for 10-15 seconds. I observed this behavior when saving changes to the 6-max layout; it did not matter whether or not tables were open.

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One small issue: saving changes in the configuration manager causes the system to hang for 10-15 seconds. I observed this behavior when saving changes to the 6-max layout; it did not matter whether or not tables were open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am aware of this issue. I'm not sure what causes it yet, but since everything restarts correctly after 10-20 seconds or so, I don't think it's urgent that it gets fixed.

I'll hunt down the problem, but I'd like to get some additional features added first. After all, how often do you make configuration changes after the initial setup anyway?

jaym
07-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Per the bug I found in the other thread (stats not popping up in 6max tables if I have a full ring table open too), that's been fixed. Thank you for the prompt response.

However, the popups aren't working for me. The first time I clicked on a player's stats, a small gray box about 20x20 pixels popped up with nothing in it. Subsequent clicks didn't do anything. Just a heads up.

MaxPowerPoker
07-01-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, the popups aren't working for me. The first time I clicked on a player's stats, a small gray box about 20x20 pixels popped up with nothing in it. Subsequent clicks didn't do anything. Just a heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

MaxPowerPoker
07-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Ah! There's a "Configure popup statistics" on the edit menu of the Layout manager.

flair1239
07-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Other sites please. I will transfer $25 on Neteller the day that you get the additional sites added.

I would need Poker Stars, Pacific, Absolute, and Paradise; before I woulod switch from GT+.

sakki
07-01-2005, 01:39 AM
I have a small problem with v0.15. The mucked cards are disabled by default (imo they shouldn't be). When I tried to enable them from the layout manager it's almost impossible to reposition them since all the players' boxes look the same.

And thanks for the great SW, PokerAce!

jaym
07-01-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah! There's a "Configure popup statistics" on the edit menu of the Layout manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good catch. Popups working for me now.

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 02:40 AM
Yeah, if you guys had existing configs, it didn't overwrite it with the defaults (that have all the stats turned on for popups).

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 02:42 AM
I must have accidentally deleted the mucked cards settings with the new install. I'll get it fixed in the next version. Sorry about that.

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 03:21 AM
I've released version 0.16. This version fixes the mucked cards not being shown by default, and it also places text on the mucked cards in the Layout Manager so you know which icon belongs to which players.

The popup box should also be populated by default for those with existing configuration files.

Mr_Bjarne
07-01-2005, 05:47 AM
I cant download the program. It says the adress could not be found.

topspinner
07-01-2005, 06:58 AM
I vote for more sites, specifically crypto and poker stars in that order....also, it would be great if you could add bettors actions, on each round (bet, raise, check etc...) Love the program

YoureToast
07-01-2005, 08:10 AM
More sites. Also, I noticed yesterday that while the lockup problem was fixed, there were some players who joined the tables whos stats were not being displayed. I'm fairly certain they had the requisite number of hands, but I will do further testing this evening.

Jarekb
07-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Well so far it seems that site support is getting the most votes. Since there are so many sites out there I'll try to keep track of which site gets votes. Guess PokerAce can add the most voted site first, 2nd later and so on.

Cryptic Logic- 2
Poker Stars-2
Pacific-1
Absolute-1
Paradise-1

YoureToast
07-01-2005, 09:31 AM
I vote in this order:
Stars (provided tournaments are covered)
Paradise
UB

OrcaDK
07-01-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cryptic Logic

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if it's intentional, but that is brilliant!

Jarekb
07-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Hehe...for some reason I've been calling them that for the past week. Well here's the correct name....

Poker Stars-3
Cryptologic-2
Paradise-2
Pacific-1
Absolute-1
Ultimate Bet-1

sakki
07-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks PokerAce - I downloaded the new version and it shows the mucked cards correctly.

I went through all the stats and noticed that the table averages are not shown by default. I think it might be a good idea to enable also them in the next version, since they should be useful for most people.

cokehead
07-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Well I vote for Omaha first, guess I'm the only one. Great piece of software by the way.

tallstack
07-01-2005, 12:52 PM
I have two suggestions related to ease of use.

How about having the option to change the default font for all stats? Once I found the font that I liked best, I spent a good bit of time changing them all individually.

When I have updated new versions, I have had to change the preferences each time. Can these be saved as a configuration file, or have the new version recognize the previous settings?

Thanks,

Dave

Folding Pete
07-01-2005, 01:15 PM
I used PokerAce Hud (for Party & Afilliates) and GT+ (for everything else) at the same time and it worked a lot faster than GT+ for everything.

Folding Pete

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 01:25 PM
tallstack, that's a good suggestion about global font changes, it's been mentioned before. I'll be adding that ability soon.

From version 0.15 and on, you don't have to worry about your layouts being overwritten by a new install.

MaxPowerPoker
07-01-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about having the option to change the default font for all stats? Once I found the font that I liked best, I spent a good bit of time changing them all individually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until PokerAce gets the global font change option you can simply change the VP$IP stat to the font you want, save it, then open up the layout file and do a find and replace for the font value. Save your changes. I think you have to restart PA-HUD for the changes to take effect. Works for me.

fooz
07-01-2005, 02:25 PM
And ...nitpicky...but I'd like to be able to right-align stats (might as well do "center" too).

Especially for placement on the right-side of the screen, I'd like to put as close to the edge as possible but you have to give extra room in the event that it's 3 digits.

fooz
07-01-2005, 02:27 PM
And REALLY nifty would be conditional display...as in, only display the F-ag, T-ag, & R-ag if total hands is greater than 300. It would really clean up the screen. But that may be asking too much.

tallstack
07-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks. I never would have thought of that.

tallstack
07-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Just one more question. I know that the layouts are not overwritten, but is this true for the preferences such as min hands to show stats, and hand refresh ranges? If so, then that is pretty nice. I know that I have manually entered this data on every version from .10 to .15. Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks,

Dave

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 03:07 PM
No configuration files are overwritten by the installation process anymore. So no, you won't have to redo your configuration.

I'm going to be doing another release tonight. This version includes PostgreSQL support, 'Self stats' (your stats for the table), and the global font and decimal changes functionality. It also fixes a few bugs. I'll make another post when I upload it.

IronOsprey
07-01-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm going to vote for additional site support with the first additional site to be crypto sites since there are so many of them.

MaxPowerPoker
07-01-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This version includes PostgreSQL support

[/ QUOTE ]

I have posted over at the PokerTracker forums but have gotten no response. Any idea when the PostgreSQL version of PT will be released? Are the performance improvements substantial? Am I the only person who does not know the answer to these questions? Should I ask a question about PA HUD so this post isn't grossly off topic?

So...uh...thanks again for your work on PA HUD. Fun project, huh?

MaxPowerPoker
07-01-2005, 03:34 PM
This just in from the PokerTracker forum:

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully late next week or early the week of July 11. The PostgreSQL stuff seems pretty stable but I also wany to include the new Prima import functionality as part of this release too and I need to finish and test that.

[/ QUOTE ]

magates
07-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Please add support for Pacific! I'm looking forward to trying this out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

APerfect10
07-01-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have posted over at the PokerTracker forums but have gotten no response. Any idea when the PostgreSQL version of PT will be released? Are the performance improvements substantial? Am I the only person who does not know the answer to these questions? Should I ask a question about PA HUD so this post isn't grossly off topic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Performance enhancements are very big. Queries which were taking 30s are now taking less than 5. The initial load of PA Hud took me up to 30s with 8 tables using Access. Now they are almost instantaneous. Once the postgres version is released to the public; I highly recommend downloading and installing the postgres database. You will not be disappointed!

scolapasta
07-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Just wanted to add in that I think you've done a great job on this. And it's amazing how quick you keep making changes/fixes.

A small request: on the popup stas, it'd be nice to be able to add some kind of separator between stats (similar to the separators in the Firefox bookmarks), so you can group similar stats together.

skaughty
07-01-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Performance enhancements are very big. Queries which were taking 30s are now taking less than 5. The initial load of PA Hud took me up to 30s with 8 tables using Access. Now they are almost instantaneous. Once the postgres version is released to the public; I highly recommend downloading and installing the postgres database. You will not be disappointed!

[/ QUOTE ]

How about file sizes? Is Postgres more efficient in its use of data types and field sizes?

pokergrader
07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
This is a great piece of software, thanks for all your effort.

scolapasta
07-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Oh, and FWIW, my vote is for Stars support.

YoureToast
07-01-2005, 05:53 PM
using .16....stats not updating at least for some players

brick
07-01-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to add in that I think you've done a great job on this. And it's amazing how quick you keep making changes/fixes.

A small request: on the popup stas, it'd be nice to be able to add some kind of separator between stats (similar to the separators in the Firefox bookmarks), so you can group similar stats together.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

Yes, Great work!

I feel an option for viewing my own stats at the particular table would be very helpful. This way I would know my table image.

This is my vote for the next feature.

brick
07-01-2005, 06:18 PM
I will transfer $20 when I can see stats for myself for the table session!!

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MaxPowerPoker
07-01-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel an option for viewing my own stats at the particular table would be very helpful. This way I would know my table image.

This is my vote for the next feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine too.

Jarekb
07-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Here are the current voting results

Poker Stars-4
Cryptologic-3
Paradise-2
Pacific-2
Absolute-1
Ultimate Bet-1
Omaha Support-1

The seperator idea on the popup stats is a good one. You would be able easily see stats specifially for the flop/turn/river.

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No configuration files are overwritten by the installation process anymore. So no, you won't have to redo your configuration.

I'm going to be doing another release tonight. This version includes PostgreSQL support, 'Self stats' (your stats for the table), and the global font and decimal changes functionality. It also fixes a few bugs. I'll make another post when I upload it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I hate to say it, but I'm running into a good number of bugs in this new version. I'm going to take the time to make sure there aren't any refresh problems, which seems to be plaguing the other versions. So, the release isn't going to be tonight. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be ready to go.

Here's a list of what's coming in the next version, just as soon as I squash a few bugs:

- SnG and MTT tournament support.
- PostgreSQL support
- Your stats for the current session
- Global font and decimal changes in the Layout Manager.

I think I'm going to be adding PokerStars support after this release, as that seems to be what most people want. I looked into it and it's going to be a little tricky to accomplish. Hopefully that will be available within a week. No promises on that though, but I'll do my best.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this idea earlier today and plan on adding it. It would be a big help.

Thanks for all the compliments and support. Also, thanks for being patient while I iron out all these early development bugs. I especially want to thank all of you who donated! I'm glad my work could be worthy of donations.

APerfect10
07-01-2005, 07:16 PM
disregard

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 07:24 PM
I also wanted to mention that PA Hud has a new icon, thanks to xixel. It's a lot better than my "programmer art" icon. Hopefully you guys will think so too.

xLukex
07-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Pokerace, when you implement the SNG part of the program, will you be able to put the stat "average finish" of the villain on the table?

That stat would make me drool.

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 07:48 PM
That's a pretty good idea. I started a new thread for "ideal stats" discussion. Please post this suggestion there:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2772544&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Muisyle
07-01-2005, 08:13 PM
I am using the latest version and it is defintely not updating properly. I have pokertracker set to import every 2 minutes, and PAhud set to display at 1 hand, and update every hand, It will display the first few hands, around 3-5, and then it will stop updating, but only on some tables. One table I am on is updating fine, while the other is stuck with players at 5, 3, 3, and 2 and is not updating. Closing the program and reopening it shows updated stats.

Using Party.

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah, there was a definite bug in the refresh code. It would work once for everyone, then never again. I found the source of this bug and fixed it. All I have to say is it's about time! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I might actually get this thing released tonight after all. I believe all bugs have been fixed, but I'm going to continue with some testing.

BluEsiNsOuL
07-01-2005, 10:18 PM
I just post to say I love you.

PokerAce
07-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Well, finding the bugs that were plaguing me earlier took less time than I figured, so I'm releasing the new version tonight. Rather than starting another thread announcing this release, I'll leave it in here.

Version 0.17 has been released, you can download it here:

http://www.caeddyn.com/pokerace/

Changes in 0.17:
* Party Sit-n-Go and Tournament support added.
* PokerTracker PostgreSQL support added.
* Added "self" stats for display on window.
* Added "Global Copy Font" and "Global Copy Decimal" to Layout Manager's Edit menu.
* New icon, thanks to xixel.
* Fixed bug with link in About box.
* Fixed bug with Configure Popup Statistics window not saving correctly.
* Fixed bug with stats not refreshing.

Yes, I fully believe I eliminated the last of the no-refreshing bugs. Please let me know if you notice anything odd with the stats refreshing.

All of you who wanted to see your own stats on the table have your wish. Enjoy!

Also, I added some information on donating through Neteller for those of you who asked. You can find the info on both the website and in the help.

Please, everyone, download this version to eliminate any and all stat refresh issues you were having (even if you didn't notice).

Nomad84
07-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Just wanted to say one more time: Awesome work.

For the record, my vote goes to Stars first, then Paradise, then the Cryptos. Looks like Stars already won first though.

Got that new release in there while I was reading the thread. Time to check it out!

Jarekb
07-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Updated voting Status

Poker Stars-6
Cryptologic-4
Paradise-3
Pacific-2
Absolute-1
Ultimate Bet-1
Omaha Support-1

Why do you guys like poker stars so much? Am I missing out on something here? I'd like CRL to be next, but I guess that will have to wait.

Anyway if I haven't said this before thanks for all the work you're putting into this PokerAce, you're making quite a great peace of software that only looks to get better as time goes on. Sent my donation in just now to say thanks for a great program and hope that CRL sites get added in the next few weeks (hopefully sooner then later). Speaking of which what do you actually have to add that will allow each site to be supported besides reading hand histories and adding a new layout picture?

PokerAce
07-02-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of which what do you actually have to add that will allow each site to be supported besides reading hand histories and adding a new layout picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to write code to parse the hand history format. Then I need to write code to find the actual poker table windows. Once I do that, then I add the layout to the Layout Manager. If the sites make it easy, like Party, to read the hand history files, then adding support for them is easy. Stars, on the other hand, where I need to read the hand histories out of a window, makes things a little more difficult.

IronOsprey
07-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Well I've downloaded .17 and tried to change the preferences but the window seemed to hang when clicking ok (while playing and datamining). Restarted it and it seems to be working. I like the new icon. Went into the layout manager and it seemed to hang for that one too. Restarted again and changes seem to have taken effect. It takes a while to get the layout manager up on my comp (10+ sec) and it takes a longer time to save (maybe cuz it's old 884MHz)

Suggestion: A global change for the stat location per stat. It hurts my hand to keep dragging the stats around while trying to set it up.

Question: Does the "my stats" use only that session or all sessions? Cause my numbers seem to be looking mighty peculiar. I seem to be a maniac (80/30) but GT+ has me at 21/7. Something definitely seems wrong.

IronOsprey
07-02-2005, 12:49 AM
So it sounds like crypto would be easier to write in as they have the hand history files. Hint, hint.

Nomad84
07-02-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of which what do you actually have to add that will allow each site to be supported besides reading hand histories and adding a new layout picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to write code to parse the hand history format. Then I need to write code to find the actual poker table windows. Once I do that, then I add the layout to the Layout Manager. If the sites make it easy, like Party, to read the hand history files, then adding support for them is easy. Stars, on the other hand, where I need to read the hand histories out of a window, makes things a little more difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Stars wrote hand histories to the hard drive now?

I'd like to see Stars support because there was a program posted here recently that helps datamine Stars (StarSpy, I believe). I haven't used it, but I'd like to try it out. The other big reason is that I have quite a bit of bonus money stacked at Stars and also at Paradise.

Jarekb
07-02-2005, 12:50 AM
You should take a quick look at CRL sites then, I'm pretty sure that the HH files are saved on your hard drive also, which I think would make it as easy to do as Party.

Nomad84
07-02-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Version 0.17 has been released

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I can't get this version to work. I installed it and restarted my computer. I opened PT and PNOW and started PAHUD. After a few hands, nothing happened stats-wise. I found the menus on PAHUD to be reacting very slowly. I checked System Monitor and found CPU usage to be at 100%. This continued for a few minutes before I ctrl-alt-del'ed PA to kill it. The poker tables appeared to be working fine during this time. I know that one particular player had sufficient hands, but I didn't recognize the other screen names. Typically, I get 2-5 players per table who have stats when I open the table. For the record, I did not sit at any of the 3 tables that I had open. I have also not tried with other skins. Need some sleep for now...

PokerAce
07-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Sigh. There's always more bugs to fix. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm trying!

I did find a bug in the Self stats. There's a new release up, version 0.18 that fixes it. That might also have caused those lockups.

If you download version 0.18 and are still experiencing lockups, please send me a log file.

Wyers
07-02-2005, 01:28 AM
After a few hands, nothing happened stats-wise.

Same problem here. I sit at a table and almost immediately, PA updates the table. After this, the only way the stats will update is if I exit PA and restart the app. If I leave it sit long enough, I will get the occasional update on a few players, but nothing consistent.

SlantNGo
07-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Initial impressions of PA Hud (using 0.17):
Excellent UI, great layout manager. I can't really judge an improvement over PV and GT+ in terms of resources because PT hogs 100% of the CPU every 2 minutes for its imports (hopefully getting a dual-core machine will help that out a bit)

- Initially I had "Show Stats from current limit only" on, and observed some 0.5/1 hands (plenty in my DB). After about 10 hands, it still wasn't going anywhere so I turned that option off then the stats started appearing. I'll try to play around with that later with logging on

- I clicked on a player to see his pop-up right when PT was importing hands (100% CPU usage at the time). The pop-up displayed but was blank, and no matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of it, even after PT was done importing. I had to kill the process then restart PA Hud.

Screenshot: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8857/pahudbug8mr.jpg

brick
07-02-2005, 03:45 AM
Nice work. I've been using it all night!

Only think I noticed is that sometimes the self-stats flash the stats from another table.

I'll send you a few bucks! thanks.

DocMartin
07-02-2005, 06:34 AM
A vote for Cryptos next!

aK13
07-02-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After a few hands, nothing happened stats-wise.

Same problem here. I sit at a table and almost immediately, PA updates the table. After this, the only way the stats will update is if I exit PA and restart the app. If I leave it sit long enough, I will get the occasional update on a few players, but nothing consistent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am also experiencing this problem.

I 4 table 3/6 6m, if that helps at all.

fix8ed
07-02-2005, 07:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought Stars wrote hand histories to the hard drive now?

I'd like to see Stars support because there was a program posted here recently that helps datamine Stars (StarSpy, I believe). I haven't used it, but I'd like to try it out. The other big reason is that I have quite a bit of bonus money stacked at Stars and also at Paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stars _does_ write HHs to the hard drive, but only when you actually play a table.

imported_azalin
07-02-2005, 12:33 PM
I have the same problem here. The stats update when i close it and reopen it OR when i first start it. By the way i love you Pokerace and you can bet i am going to donate.

PokerAce
07-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Those of you who aren't having the stats refresh, do you have version 0.18?

If you have 0.18, and you're positive stats aren't refreshing correctly, please send me a log file.

PokerAce
07-02-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I- Initially I had "Show Stats from current limit only" on, and observed some 0.5/1 hands (plenty in my DB). After about 10 hands, it still wasn't going anywhere so I turned that option off then the stats started appearing. I'll try to play around with that later with logging on

[/ QUOTE ]

I just confirmed and fixed the bug with the .5/1 limit. See, Party reports the limit as $.5/$1, but PT records it as $.50/$1. I'll put out a fix for this later today.

[ QUOTE ]
- I clicked on a player to see his pop-up right when PT was importing hands (100% CPU usage at the time). The pop-up displayed but was blank, and no matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of it, even after PT was done importing. I had to kill the process then restart PA Hud.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be a very isolated incident, it shouldn't happen often at all. I know what caused this lockup and will fix it, but it will take some time. You shouldn't experience it very often, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

astarck
07-02-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I clicked on a player to see his pop-up right when PT was importing hands (100% CPU usage at the time). The pop-up displayed but was blank, and no matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of it, even after PT was done importing. I had to kill the process then restart PA Hud.

Screenshot: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8857/pahudbug8mr.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this same problem happen to me. Had to kill the process and restart the program over to clear the screen.

astarck
07-02-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This should be a very isolated incident, it shouldn't happen often at all. I know what caused this lockup and will fix it, but it will take some time. You shouldn't experience it very often, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happened to me again. Twice in about 5 minutes.

PokerAce
07-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Okay, then it looks like it's a bigger problem than I thought. I'll try to get it fixed for the release tonight.

littledave
07-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Installed version 18 today, was happy to see that I can display my own stats. There are a couple of small issues:

1. With my own stats, can PokerAce look up what seat I'm playing at, and then replace that seat's stats with my own? There would be an offset to consider, as Party moves the positions around the user.

2. I noticed some flickering of a couple of my stats. One time there were two of my stats, "TAGME" and "WTSME" that flicker-flashed between, for the TAG, 5.0 and 4.0. Another table, 3 of my stats flicker-flashed. VP$IP flickered between 32.6 and 31.1, the PFR flickered between 6.7 and 7.0, and the number of hands couldn't decide between 45 and 48. This "flickering" is a really fast-fast changing of the number back and forth, back and forth, flash-flash-flash-flash, continually. Curious as to how not all of them didn't flash. Some were perfectly stable, about half of them were stable. This only happened to my stats, not to any of my opponents.

3. I don't believe that the mucked cards are working, at least I never did see any cards that looked like your unique cards. They worked on the prev version.

BTW, Enjoy the 4th - don't coop yourself up indoors and code all day long! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif We really can wait, we really can.

Thanks very much!
Dave

PokerAce
07-02-2005, 08:18 PM
"1. With my own stats, can PokerAce look up what seat I'm playing at, and then replace that seat's stats with my own? There would be an offset to consider, as Party moves the positions around the user."

These stats would cover your hole cards.

"2. I noticed some flickering of a couple of my stats. One time there were two of my stats, "TAGME" and "WTSME" that flicker-flashed between, for the TAG, 5.0 and 4.0. Another table, 3 of my stats flicker-flashed. VP$IP flickered between 32.6 and 31.1, the PFR flickered between 6.7 and 7.0, and the number of hands couldn't decide between 45 and 48. This "flickering" is a really fast-fast changing of the number back and forth, back and forth, flash-flash-flash-flash, continually. Curious as to how not all of them didn't flash. Some were perfectly stable, about half of them were stable. This only happened to my stats, not to any of my opponents."

I have an idea of what's causing this, thanks for letting me know.

"3. I don't believe that the mucked cards are working, at least I never did see any cards that looked like your unique cards. They worked on the prev version."

Make sure you have them visible in the layout manager.

SlyGuy
07-02-2005, 10:05 PM
How do I get my won stats to showup? is there a setting for this somewhere?

Jarekb
07-02-2005, 10:11 PM
When you select to view your own stats, the stat boxes appear in the top left hand corner, they stack up. So you'll have to move them to a different spot and set it up the way you like. I figured it would just show your stats where you sit, but guess not. So just move them where you want from that top left hand corner.

Edit:
To get them to show go to the layout manager and you have to check off the box for each stat that you want to show for yourself. Then after you check it off the movable box shows up in the top left, move from there to where you want.

SlyGuy
07-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Awesome thanks

SlantNGo
07-03-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, then it looks like it's a bigger problem than I thought. I'll try to get it fixed for the release tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a temp. workaround, I run Task Manager and keep it in my systray, and when the CPU usage goes to 100%, I don't click any popups.

PokerAce
07-03-2005, 02:02 AM
Version 0.19 has been released. It can be found here:

http://www.caeddyn.com/pokerace/

Changes in version 0.19:

* Fixed locking issue with Popup Stats.
* Fixed (another) bug with Self stats.
* Fixed bug with $.50/$1 limit.
* Improved performance of icon drawing.

So with version 0.19, there should be no more lockup issues, at all. Also, your Self stats should be accurate at all times now. I believe I've found and fixed the source of the "flickering".

So there you go. If you have any problems with version 0.19, please let me know. Hopefully this will be the last release before PokerStars support.

Jarekb
07-03-2005, 11:09 AM
I think another good feature would be to allow global positioning of stats across 10max, 9max, and 6max. It took me about 20 minutes to set up my layout for 10max, it would be much easier to just copy that setup onto the 9max instead of doing it over.

PokerAce
07-03-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think another good feature would be to allow global positioning of stats across 10max, 9max, and 6max. It took me about 20 minutes to set up my layout for 10max, it would be much easier to just copy that setup onto the 9max instead of doing it over.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Layout Manager needs a lot of work. As soon as I get a few more big features added, I'm going to be going back to make a lot of smaller features to make things easier to use. Thanks for the suggestion.

PokerAce
07-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Sneak Preview:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/PokerAce/Screenshot-5.jpg

Jarekb
07-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Are there any skins for PokerStars that would let you get rid of those circles and backround?

TheIrishThug
07-03-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are there any skins for PokerStars that would let you get rid of those circles and backround?

[/ QUOTE ]

u can make a new background image and it will work. all u have to do is make sure u open pokerstars.exe and not pokerstarsupdate.exe (the default short cut goes to the update). and then just make sure u check for updates regularly and then move in ur new background again.

MiguelSanchez
07-03-2005, 04:51 PM
sorry, it was a problem with something else.

scolapasta
07-03-2005, 04:53 PM
I seem to be having a problem with mucked cards. They show up, but sometimes it takes quite a while after the hand; in fact sometimes it shows up several hands later.

Any one else seeing this?

scolapasta
07-03-2005, 04:55 PM
I should add, this is with version .19 (I'm oretty sure I also saw it with .18).

littledave
07-03-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to be having a problem with mucked cards. They show up, but sometimes it takes quite a while after the hand; in fact sometimes it shows up several hands later.

Any one else seeing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I mentioned this a couple of days ago:

[ QUOTE ]

3. I don't believe that the mucked cards are working, at least I never did see any cards that looked like your unique cards. They worked on the prev version.

[/ QUOTE ]

and PokerAce responded with an idea:

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you have them visible in the layout manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

but of course they are visible in the layout manager, and have been for several upgrades.

Glad I'm not the only one!
Dave

astarck
07-03-2005, 06:23 PM
When I single table SNGs on party all stats work great. When I 8-table only the table stats show up and they show up as 0.00 for the two in the bottom left corner. While 8-tabling the mucked cards work but nothing else does.

The lobby window is picking up all 8 tables, the stats just aren't showing up like they should.

TheIrishThug
07-03-2005, 06:51 PM
i still can't get my popup stats to work, it worked like once way back in like v.14

PokerAce
07-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Dave, when I suggested that why didn't you tell me they were set to be visible, but still not showing? I assumed my suggestion fixed the problem. I apologize. I will be looking into why the mucked cards aren't working properly.

PokerAce
07-03-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I single table SNGs on party all stats work great. When I 8-table only the table stats show up and they show up as 0.00 for the two in the bottom left corner. While 8-tabling the mucked cards work but nothing else does.

The lobby window is picking up all 8 tables, the stats just aren't showing up like they should.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an odd problem. So the stats work fine for one SnG table, but add any more than that, they stop working? Could you do me a favor? Turn logging on in PA Hud, start one SnG and run it until you get stats. Then, start up another SnG, and another until you stop getting the stats. When you stop getting stats, please send me the log file that PA Hud has generated. That will help me locate the source of this problem.

PokerAce
07-03-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i still can't get my popup stats to work, it worked like once way back in like v.14

[/ QUOTE ]

First, make sure in the Preferences, that you have "Enable Popup Stats" enabled. Once you've confirmed that, go into the Layout Manager. Select Edit from the menu and choose "Configure Popup Stats." Make sure there are are stats in the column on the right. Click the Save button. Just to make sure everything is correctly saved, click on the "Save to Different Layout" button, CTRL+Click all the layouts in the box that pops up to select them and click OK.

Now, exit the Layout Manager and go into your poker window. The poker window should now be displaying stats for you. Click inside the box of a player that is showing stats. The popup window should appear. If it doesn't, try clicking again, but this time holding the click for a second or two.

If you still don't get stats, then send me a PM, we'll get it worked out.

littledave
07-03-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dave, when I suggested that why didn't you tell me they were set to be visible, but still not showing? I assumed my suggestion fixed the problem. I apologize. I will be looking into why the mucked cards aren't working properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

RE the mucked cards:

I'm sorry, Ace - like you, I also have a million things facing me.

I wondered if it was something to do with memory, so I was going to check that out before I got back to you. I'm downloading two 14-gig files at the same time, and while I have tonz of resources, I'm just wondering if that might be contributing.

And I've been playing over at Stars since, so hadn't had a chance to do any further testing.

I'll probably get back to Party tonight, hopefully, and if anything changes, I'll let you know.

Plus, I was hoping that I wasn't the only one who had this problem, so if nobody else popped up, then I wasn't going to bother you until I had more info.

Plus, my problem is miniscule compared to getting Stars on the map. Here's seventeen more votes for Stars - your pic earlier looked great! Can't wait!

Thanks very much!
Dave

astarck
07-03-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an odd problem. So the stats work fine for one SnG table, but add any more than that, they stop working? Could you do me a favor? Turn logging on in PA Hud, start one SnG and run it until you get stats. Then, start up another SnG, and another until you stop getting the stats. When you stop getting stats, please send me the log file that PA Hud has generated. That will help me locate the source of this problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more than happy to do this. Although I must warn you, I may be gone for a while from my computer due to the holiday and the log file could be a day or two off.

Not to mention my last set of SNGs went horribly. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

TheIrishThug
07-03-2005, 10:20 PM
some ppl have posted their layout files. i downloaded some, however in the layout manager the import/export options r grayed out. i manually moved the file to where they need to go, but i assume the import option would have been what i would have used to load the files i had moved.

astarck
07-03-2005, 11:01 PM
I couldn't find my log file, but I think I solved the problem by being observant. When I start PAHUD before I have any tables open (no matter how many) it only finds the tables as I open them and puts 0.00 for the table stats (and nothing at all for player stats). If I am already importing hands with PT and I close PAHUD and then open it again, it finds the table with all the stats included.

For some reason it isn't "catching" stats when the tables are opened or added after PAHUD is already going but if I am already importing hands and I open PAHUD it updates just fine.

I hope I could offer enough help without my log file for this problem to be solved. The quick workaround for users seems to be opening PAHUD after your tables are opened and importing. The only problem with this is if you bust out and open yet another table, you must close PAHUD and open it again.

PokerAce
07-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Regarding mucked cards not displaying. I found a bug that caused the hand history reading code to fall behind. Therefore, when the code got to the showdown part, the PP table may have advanced to the middle of the next hand (or worse, a few hands later). This bug has been fixed, so this should not be a problem when I release the next version.

PokerAce
07-03-2005, 11:37 PM
The import and export functionality has not been written, but yes, this is what you will use to share layouts. I'll try to get this functionality in by this release, but I think PokerStars support is higher on most people's want list. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PokerAce
07-03-2005, 11:39 PM
astarck, did you go into the preferences and check off the "Enable Logging" option? If you did this, then the log file is named PAHud.log and will be in the same directory that you installed PA Hud to. Please try to get me a log file as that would really help me narrow down the possible causes of this problem.

astarck
07-04-2005, 12:06 AM
I did enable logging and I think I have found the log file. I don't have anything with the extension .log but I do have a file named PAHud.txt that has TONS of information about how many hands each player has, how many hands were updated, etc.

One question if this is the log file: Does the log file reset after each start of PAHud? If it does, then I don't know if my problem can be seen in the log file since the problem is fine if I am already importing from PT when I open PAHud. I realize you would only tell me to get a file that helps solve the problem and that I really have no idea how any of this works, but inquiring minds would like to know. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PokerAce
07-04-2005, 01:53 AM
That's odd, the log file should be named "PAHud.log" in the same directory as the PAHud.exe. What version of the application are you using?

The log file is written over each time you run the application, so the information contained inside it is only for the last execution. So when you run the application and close it, the log is only for that time.

It does record a lot of information. This goes a long way in helping me discover the cause of problems.

jdaddy
07-04-2005, 02:02 AM
Amazing. Donation via Neteller forthcoming. Thanks.

mistaken
07-04-2005, 05:36 AM
Question: I realize it's Poker Tracker that implements this stat, not you, but when you use the "Net Won $" stat in sng tourneys, is that chips won/lost or actual money won/lost?

Thanks.

Mistkan

Nomad84
07-04-2005, 06:16 AM
Using v.19

Started 2 tables, started PAHUD. Nothing from PAHUD at all. Just the main window with no tables listed. It also takes CPU usage to 100% (all friggin 350 MHz worth). I just let it run, so it's been at 100% for over 30 minutes now. Eventually, stats popped up on one table for a short time, but they were likely not correct. 2 empty seats showed stats. These stats didn't last long before disappearing. Besides these problems, menus, etc. take a long time to work. I click and wait several seconds before anything happens. Logging is turned on, so let me know your email address and I'll send that to you tomorrow.

BTW, stats just sort of popped up again. I'll send a screenshot too.

mistaken
07-04-2005, 06:31 AM
One thing I've noticed about the table average VP$IP and PFR: Any player with N/A on these stats is counted as a 0%. In order for a more accurate table average, I'd recommend discounting the N/A player's stats from the table average.

Mistaken

astarck
07-04-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm using version 0.19. I'll try one more time to get a nice log file for you later tonight when I play again.

PokerAce
07-04-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Question: I realize it's Poker Tracker that implements this stat, not you, but when you use the "Net Won $" stat in sng tourneys, is that chips won/lost or actual money won/lost?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerTracker actually doesn't give me this stat, I have to calculate it myself. For tournaments, the amount won is real money won, not tournament chips.

PokerAce
07-04-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Using v.19

Started 2 tables, started PAHUD. Nothing from PAHUD at all. Just the main window with no tables listed. It also takes CPU usage to 100% (all friggin 350 MHz worth). I just let it run, so it's been at 100% for over 30 minutes now. Eventually, stats popped up on one table for a short time, but they were likely not correct. 2 empty seats showed stats. These stats didn't last long before disappearing. Besides these problems, menus, etc. take a long time to work. I click and wait several seconds before anything happens. Logging is turned on, so let me know your email address and I'll send that to you tomorrow.

BTW, stats just sort of popped up again. I'll send a screenshot too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been fixing a lot of bugs for the next version, it's possible that I've fixed the bug that was causing this. Send me the log file anyway, because I'd like to make sure this isn't a new bug.

By the way, are you sure your CPU is 350 MHz? I had a computer five years ago that was faster than that. How old is your computer?

PokerAce
07-04-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One thing I've noticed about the table average VP$IP and PFR: Any player with N/A on these stats is counted as a 0%. In order for a more accurate table average, I'd recommend discounting the N/A player's stats from the table average.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have the minimum hand count set to 0, it will use everyone's VPIP and PFR, even if they don't exist (will be treated as zero). If you want these to be calculated only for players that have values, you will need to set your minimum hand count to 1 or greater.

flair1239
07-04-2005, 02:35 PM
It is ruining my game. Today I spent a half hour just playing with the layout and changing colors. Then giggling as I watched the screen.

I have not had so much fun since I first bought pokertracker. LAst night, I was just watching tables, and I was like "oh, yeah I should probably play.

I have 16 0r 17 data points for each player, seprately color coded. I can no longer see the players names. I am pretty sure my giorlfriend thinks I am a lost cause, because every five minutes I say "Look at this...." then laugh like an idiot.

Great job. Looking forward to other sites and Omaha.

BTW, I have decided that it is a crime to give this thing away and just hope for donations. This thing is fun and effiecient. Also once the other sites are enabled it will be a one of kind product. I encourage everyone who uses this to give a decent donation, we need to encourage projects like this.

Nomad84
07-04-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, are you sure your CPU is 350 MHz? I had a computer five years ago that was faster than that. How old is your computer?

[/ QUOTE ]

7 years. My P4 laptop broke so I am using a PII 350 that I bought in 1998. I plan to build a new computer soon, but I'm still a bit unsure about some of the parts. Guess I need to hit the "Computer Technical Help" forum.

PokerAce
07-04-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Today I spent a half hour just playing with the layout and changing colors. Then giggling as I watched the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything as I read this, as it would've shot straight through my nose. Thanks for the laugh! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's nice that PA Hud can bring such amusement into your life. Don't forget though, it's useful when you actually play too!

mistaken
07-04-2005, 06:28 PM
ok, but there's something wrong with the stat then. I'm showing - net $ won for everybody, and not just some. Lots of people who I have only 80 hands on or so have Net $ Won at -26,000 or so. Why's it doing this?

Thanks,
Mistaken

mistaken
07-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Ok, thanks for the advice here.
One more question:
It won't find my own stats and display them on the table like it should (I have that option enabled.) I have my screen name set as the primary one on poker tracker (main database, I believe), but not sure how to set it for PokerAce.

Mistaken

PokerAce
07-04-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, but there's something wrong with the stat then. I'm showing - net $ won for everybody, and not just some. Lots of people who I have only 80 hands on or so have Net $ Won at -26,000 or so. Why's it doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the bug that was causing this has been fixed for the next release. When I release the next version, you'll have to let me know if it still happens.

PokerAce
07-04-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thanks for the advice here.
One more question:
It won't find my own stats and display them on the table like it should (I have that option enabled.) I have my screen name set as the primary one on poker tracker (main database, I believe), but not sure how to set it for PokerAce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure, in the layout manager, that for each stat you want to see YOUR value for, that the "Show Mine" checkbox is checked. This will create a new stat box for you to place. This is where your stats are displayed.

mistaken
07-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm using. It shows N/A when I've got min hand requirement at 0 and it just vanishes when the min. hand requirement is at 1.

Mistaken

sf340flier
07-04-2005, 10:29 PM
PokerAce,

Outstanding product and thank you! Very well done.

Now, don't mess with it anymore /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SF

PokerAce
07-04-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's what I'm using. It shows N/A when I've got min hand requirement at 0 and it just vanishes when the min. hand requirement is at 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made some changes to the self stats (fixing bugs). Hopefully the new release will fix your bug. Just a couple more days to wait.

PokerAce
07-04-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerAce,

Outstanding product and thank you! Very well done.

Now, don't mess with it anymore /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SF

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! However, I think everyone who wants the nearly completed PokerStars support will disagree with that last part. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

makin poopy
07-04-2005, 11:41 PM
I recently started playing a lot of short-handed sessions, but the statistics being displayed were from both short-handed and full-table sessions.

I was able to export hand histories from my main database that were played with 6 or fewer players and re-import them into a new database I entitled "Short-Handed."

Is there any way that I can specify in your program which database to use for a table depending on how many players there are?

SlyGuy
07-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Have you opened the preferences?

makin poopy
07-05-2005, 01:02 AM
You can only specify which databases are to be used. I want to be able to play both short-handed and full-table at the same time.

PokerAce
07-05-2005, 01:31 AM
There is an option "Show Stats From Current Limit Only" that does what you want. It's on the General tab in the preferences.

ben_
07-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Dude your site is down.
Can we get a mirror?

APerfect10
07-05-2005, 11:10 AM
I can access http://www.caeddyn.com/pokerace/. Try again...

upandout
07-05-2005, 11:24 AM
PokerAce,

Using .19 (great product, even with the bug I am reporting). PA HUD is still not displaying stats of new players or new tables that have joined after HUD was launced (Empire, 6-max, 4 tables). Relaunching does work. I believe you are already working on this for v.20. If you need a log file I can send one.

Hope you had a good 4th. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Doug

smartalecc5
07-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Any screenshots of this program??

TheIrishThug
07-05-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any screenshots of this program??

[/ QUOTE ]

link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=2779721&Forum= All_Forums&Words=pahud%20screenshot&Searchpage=0&L imit=25&Main=2779002&Search=true&where=bodysub&Nam e=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&ol dertype=&bodyprev=)

smartalecc5
07-05-2005, 12:38 PM
sweet, ur da best /images/graemlins/grin.gif