PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Flop SNG Quiz Time!

Steve
06-30-2005, 10:00 PM
In honor of my promotion to /images/graemlins/spade.gifJourneyman/images/graemlins/spade.gif (only took me 2 and 1/2 years), I am posting the following pre-flop SNG quiz. Enjoy! You can just answer the quiz, or post your reasoning if you like.

ASSUMPTIONS -- This is a $50+$5 tournament, stacks are pretty much equal and no one is a short stack, no maniacs, blinds are relatively small (15/30 or 25/50), 10 players at the table and all are pretty good. Give your baseline answer (no reads on opponents). Also, assume all raises are the size of the pot unless otherwise specified.

Apathy
06-30-2005, 10:02 PM
None of these question provide the pertinent info such as, stack sizes, blinds, raise sizes, relevant reads, buyin level etc. etc.

valenzuela
06-30-2005, 10:11 PM
not that it really matters but the OP says its a $55, however Im a bit confused since I play level 2 and level 3 rather differently.

ilya
06-30-2005, 10:55 PM
This is a greatt quiz. Tough questions.

adanthar
06-30-2005, 11:08 PM
A)level 2 and level 3 are a lot different
B)name the raise size
C)Provide general read (if none exists, PokerProphecy the name)
D)profit

Bigwig
06-30-2005, 11:13 PM
I can't answer these questions. There's simply not enough info.

Karak567
06-30-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
None of these question provide the pertinent info such as, stack sizes, blinds, raise sizes, relevant reads, buyin level etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve
07-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Most of that was specified in the assumptions but I'll be more specific then, just for simplicity:

Everyone has 1000 chips
Blinds are 25/50
All raises are the size of the pot exactly
No relevant reads other than everyone is a good player, no maniacs
Buyin level is $50+$5

Steve
07-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks to everyone who has answered the quiz so far (63 people). Here are the answers I had in mind when I made the quiz (not necessarily the RIGHT answers). I'm going to post my reasoning and I encourage others to do the same.

1. fold, too early to risk chips w/ AQ
2. call (but I'm not feeling too good about it). According to my calculations a least one opponent will pick up AA-QQ,AK,or AQ 28% of the time. Anyone fold this here?
3. Call (again, not very happily). I was just wondering if anyone would lay this down. If your opponents are good players they know by re-raising they are pot committing themselves for all their chips. They would most typically do this w/ AA KK AK.
4. call or all in, you will be pot committed either way.
5. call
6. FOLD was my answer, but doesn't seem like many people agree. I hate this position. Seems like every time either UTG has a huge hand, or someone with a huge hand re-raises from behind me.
7. all in
8. all in
9. open-limp (not many people agreed though). I would usually limp this at 25/50 blinds. Higher blinds, I raise with it. Lower blinds, I definitely limp.
10. open-limp

mlagoo
07-01-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to everyone who has answered the quiz so far (63 people). Here are the answers I had in mind when I made the quiz (not necessarily the RIGHT answers). I'm going to post my reasoning and I encourage others to do the same.

1. fold, too early to risk chips w/ AQ
2. call (but I'm not feeling too good about it). According to my calculations a least one opponent will pick up AA-QQ,AK,or AQ 28% of the time. Anyone fold this here?
3. Call (again, not very happily). I was just wondering if anyone would lay this down. If your opponents are good players they know by re-raising they are pot committing themselves for all their chips. They would most typically do this w/ AA KK AK.
4. call or all in, you will be pot committed either way.
5. call
6. FOLD was my answer, but doesn't seem like many people agree. I hate this position. Seems like every time either UTG has a huge hand, or someone with a huge hand re-raises from behind me.
7. all in
8. all in
9. open-limp (not many people agreed though). I would usually limp this at 25/50 blinds. Higher blinds, I raise with it. Lower blinds, I definitely limp.
10. open-limp

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very tight-passive play

9 and 10 -- limp in LP with those hands? ouch...

6 - fold AKo to one raise? bad..

2-3 - you are very tight passive here. these are premium holdings. there are lots of donks left in the first three levels. accumulate. if you don't take their chips, someone else will.

blehhhh

TheMainEvent
07-01-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't pull a "seems like every time" on us. This is an issue of probability.