PDA

View Full Version : Set with flush draw on board turn completes flush 3 callers

Sinnister
06-30-2005, 09:06 PM
I was playing in a game with some loose players and the board was pretty ragged and only a flush draw seemed threatening. 3 ppl called my flop bet was i wrong to give a free card, i hated doing it. Check it out:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

mscags
06-30-2005, 09:10 PM
I think you absolutely without a doubt HAVE to bet here. Th pot has everyone and their neighbor in it and you have a monster. Even if you get checkraised you have tons of outs to draw out on the river, not to mention all of the dead money in the pot. BET!

mtdoak
06-30-2005, 09:14 PM
You need to value bet the turn. You have tremendous equity considering the size of the field you are against, even when the 3rd flush card hits. Even if your C/R you have alot of redraws to a boat or better.

Jules22
06-30-2005, 09:26 PM
you would have felt pretty silly if the river was a spade and you lost to the 4 of spades

TrippH
06-30-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm with everyone else ... you have to bet the turn ... it's not the made flush that I'm afraid of in this situation, it's the big blind who hasn't put in any chips yet and may be sitting there with any random hand that has a spade in it, but will fold to a bet on the turn, figuring someone has already made a flush

crunchy1
06-30-2005, 10:03 PM
You need to bet here. Most replies are telling you that your bet is going to get small spades to fold - I think these people are wrong. Loose Party 2/4 players aren't folding a spade on the turn for 1BB and that's exactly why you need to bet. You're not betting to eliminate a spade draw - you're betting to extract value from them with your made hand. Granted any hand that folds which wasn't drawing dead against you gains you some amount of increased pot equity but, this isn't the main reason to be betting here - getting value from your hand is.

TrippH
06-30-2005, 10:10 PM
you're right, I was thinking that too and forgot to include it ... some opponents with any spade will call a bet on the turn and that's going to cost you the pot occasionally but most of the time it's just going to be extra money when the river isn't a spade