PDA

View Full Version : Journey Concert Report

thatpfunk
06-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Last night Journey, the band of a million bad hits, played last night at Coors Ampitheatre in San Diego. We had high hopes.

There is a crew of eight of us, everyone gets off work around 5 so we meet at my buddies house. We pile in to the 1990 modified Previa (back seats face each other, its great) and hop on the 8 freeway.

Somehow 2 guys were suckered into being DD, one on the way there, the other would stay away from the hard stuff and stop drinking once the concert started. The Essential Journey CD is blasting and its Keystone light for everyone. It takes about half an hour to get down to the venue and I'm working on my 2nd JacknCoke.

We arrive and park and are mildly surprised at the amount of tailgaters. We park next to 2 bulldikes with mini-mullets in a raised F-150 and open up the Prev and start creating a nuisance. We kill our 30 packs and finish up the bottles of Jack at around 7:45 and are way too intense for about 80% of the people there. Only the true Journey fans are not freaked out.

Apparently Journey's new CD isn't selling well so they are giving it out at the door. We decide that if they play more than 2 new songs we are booing.

Beer costs $8 and you can't smoke in your seat at an outdoor ampitheatre? I'm loving Jack Daniels at the moment and cursing Coors and their stupid ampitheatre. We take our seats and Journey is not playing a song I recognize. Ruh-roh.

Two more new songs. We start booing the [censored] out of them. Everyone around us is mildly annoyed. We get up and find better seats.

Two more new songs. We are openly cursing Journey now.

YES! "THE WHEELS IN THE SKY KEEP ON TURNING! I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'LL BE TOMORROOOOOOOOOOOW!!!" I call everyone I know and sing. We go nuts and scream our freaking heads off.

They play another new song and walk off the stage. Everyone pisses and smokes and grabs drinks. We decide that they were warming up and the 2nd act will all be hits. The 2nd act starts and we run and find new seats. They play Don't Stop Believing and we freak out. No one else is standing around us. Journey [censored] rocks.

Three new songs. We are sitting again. We are booing. "[censored] you Journey, who the [censored] do you think you are? You're a [censored] washed up 80s band. Play what we paid for assholes! [censored] you, you [censored] suck!" Everyone hates us. Someone asks us why we came if we hate Journey. We yell unintelligibly back about Journey sucking.

We boo for one more song and leave in disgust. [censored] Journey.

Sponger15SB
06-30-2005, 08:56 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Last summer I went to the Journey concert at the San Diego County Fair and they [censored] rocked. This year I was ready to cry for missing the irvine concert a few days ago and then this concert.

Glad I didn't go.

BusterStacks
06-30-2005, 08:57 PM
This thread inspired me to play Journey at high volumes. I am currently rocking out.

SmileyEH
06-30-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread inspired me to play Journey at high volumes. I am currently rocking out.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I have is Don't Stop Believing which I'm getting emotional to right now. Man I could use some Seperate Ways. AIM transfer anyone? /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-SmileyEH

shakingspear
06-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Worst band ever.

thatpfunk
06-30-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Worst band ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

If you can't have fun listening to Journey's greatest hits then something is wrong.

shakingspear
06-30-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can't have fun listening to Journey's greatest hits then something is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.

In that case something's wrong.

SmileyEH
06-30-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.

In that case something's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grouchy McNofun

-SmileyEH

gonores
06-30-2005, 11:38 PM
SON OF A BITCH! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2743705&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

It's too late for me. I'm gonna have to go to this (See July 6).

Damn you, Pfunk. Damn you.

thatpfunk
06-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Hopefully their manager will slap the [censored] out of them and remind them what made them famous by then.

I must say I had a good time (tailgating/binge drinking with 7 friends helps) but had really high expectations.

Leo99
07-01-2005, 12:22 AM
I saw Journey last year. 4th row. They rocked with the new guy singing. I always sort of poo-pooed them as a bubble gum band but they were rocking!

silkyslim
07-01-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm going on the 6th in Milwaukee. Rock on....

correia
07-01-2005, 12:25 AM
I saw Journey about 3 years or so ago and they were great. They played a few new songs, but also played most of the greatest hits.

MEbenhoe
07-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Saw Journey last summer, played all the hits, was awesome. Sucks that they have a new cd they're trying to promote now.

TimTimSalabim
07-01-2005, 01:12 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Journey, but I think Send Her My Love is one of the most hauntingly beautiful songs I've ever heard.

The Yugoslavian
07-01-2005, 01:19 AM
When did the cops show up? Cops apparently love to break up loud Journey music... (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2716051&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

Yugoslav

CCass
07-01-2005, 10:40 AM
I saw Journey in 1983. Brian Adams was the warm up act. Women/Girls threw various undergarmets on-stage.

Those were the days....

manpower
07-01-2005, 12:05 PM
I saw 'em last summer at SPAC. It was freakin' awesome.

astroglide
07-01-2005, 12:15 PM
http://www.journey-zone.com/images/Birthdays/Perry/CL02.jpg

journey is best with steve perry and randy jackson!