PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a ruling

VinnyTheFish
06-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Searched and check Robert's rule, but I cannot seem to find an exact answer. I saw that tournament rules vary here, but we are playing a ring

Simply:

2 players left, Flop is dealt. K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Player 1 goes all-in. Player 2 waits about 10 seconds, then saying nothing and makes no hand gesters, nor chip moves - flips over (exposing) his cards A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, towards the flop, definately not towards the muck.

A few player murmer, player 1 (whose cards are still covered) says - "ok, that's a fold." Player 2 - says "No, I call."

Call? Fold?

Bremen
06-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Its a call. Kindof a cheap move imho, but legal most places. If anyone ever tries it against you insist its a fold if you have them beat.

poker327
06-30-2005, 08:45 PM
I would think that is a fold.

Randy_Refeld
06-30-2005, 08:45 PM
That is a a call. Exposing your hand does not kill it (most places, I guess anyone can make any local rule they want). If there had been more than two players left in the tournamet the exposing player would have been subject to a penalty.

Chipr777
06-30-2005, 08:53 PM
It was a call. Exposing your cards does not constitute a fold. In my opinion it wasn't the smartest thing to do releasing his hand but the hand was most definatly live.

Photoc
06-30-2005, 09:02 PM
If the round of betting is now heads up (inluding if one player is all in on a previous round) flipping your cards face up is completely legal. Basically, you can do whatever you want when it's heads up in NL.

SheridanCat
06-30-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the round of betting is now heads up (inluding if one player is all in on a previous round) flipping your cards face up is completely legal. Basically, you can do whatever you want when it's heads up in NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a ring game, yes, legal. In a tournament, probably a warning, possibly a penalty. The hand is never dead. TDA rules are clear on the tourney side.

Regards,

T

tdp
06-30-2005, 09:25 PM
[quoteIn a ring game, yes, legal. In a tournament, probably a warning, possibly a penalty. The hand is never dead. TDA rules are clear on the tourney side.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is house dependant as well.Not all card rooms use TDA rules.Some will kill an exposed hand.I play tourneys in 3 different rooms in Blackhawk,CO.Two of them will kill the hand.

VinnyTheFish
06-30-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its a call. Kindof a cheap move imho, but legal most places. If anyone ever tries it against you insist its a fold if you have them beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did! I was furious.

VinnyTheFish
06-30-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Love to see this in writing.

Photoc
06-30-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In a ring game, yes, legal. In a tournament, probably a warning, possibly a penalty. The hand is never dead. TDA rules are clear on the tourney side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing we aren't discussing a tourney hand here.
[ QUOTE ]
I saw that tournament rules vary here, but we are playing a ring

[/ QUOTE ]

Bremen
06-30-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If there had been more than two players left in the tournamet the exposing player would have been subject to a penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]
Saw once where a player put out his stack and announced all-in, second player called and all others folded. All-in guy then flips over his cards and so does the caller. Caller gets a 20 minute penalty because the all-in guy had string bet and still had one chip behind. (the all-in guy also got a penalty, not that it mattered)

Photoc
06-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Now thats completely stretching the rules to institute a penalty, but it is legal. Although the person who gave out the penalties should be kicked in the nuts.

Al_Capone_Junior
06-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Perhaps you have a lot more leeway for this kind of nonsense in no limit ring games, but you're still asking for trouble here by pulling this stunt.

If this guy flips his cards face up, whether towards the flop or muck, and doesn't push in chips, and doesn't say "call," then if the dealer mucks his hand and pushes the pot the other way, there is no recourse. Basically he's just folded face up. If you actually WANT your cards, you shouldn't release them.

However, if his hand is still live, and then he says call, it's a call, no matter how bad his etiquette may be.

al

Randy_Refeld
06-30-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Saw once where a player put out his stack and announced all-in, second player called and all others folded. All-in guy then flips over his cards and so does the caller. Caller gets a 20 minute penalty because the all-in guy had string bet and still had one chip behind. (the all-in guy also got a penalty, not that it mattered)

[/ QUOTE ]

Another case of a floor trying to follow the rules isntead of knowing the rules and acting appropiately.

Bremen
06-30-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another case of a floor trying to follow the rules isntead of knowing the rules and acting appropiately.

[/ QUOTE ] Agreed. Although since he was on my immediate left I didn't mind stealing his blinds for 20 minutes :0)

youtalkfunny
07-01-2005, 12:57 AM
No, another case of the floor not knowing the rules.

When the man said "all-in", he's all-in. Whether or not all the chips got pushed forward is immaterial.

Any floor who deems that a string-bet, doesn't know the first thing about poker.