PDA

View Full Version : QJo in the BB

KDawgCometh
06-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero.............

okay, my question here concerns my river play. I had been at the table for at most two rotations but the button had struck me as an aggressive sort. is it worth checking to induce a bluff here, or is just gong ahead and betting the right play here

spoohunter
06-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Put up a sign on your monitor that says bet the river. You'll need it.

squeek12
06-30-2005, 08:26 PM
must bet it.

Moneyline
06-30-2005, 10:22 PM
With 2 opponents in the pot I think you must bet. If you check and the button checks behind then you don't collect anything from the river. There is no guarantee the button will bet because you have played the hand strongly up to this point, and there is a good chance the button missed a flush draw and has now given up. By checking you risk airballing the river, and in this case that will happen rather often when you check.

toss
06-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Too many times you'll be missing bets by checking. I'd maybe check if it was HU.

Roland19
06-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Why would you check if it were head up? Given that you have 2 opponents, I still don't think anyone has given you reason to believe that you don't hold the best hand. Bet, call a raise, and throw up if you're shown a set or a better kicker.

toss
06-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Multiway we miss too much value by not betting.

If we were HU, I'd want to make an aggressive player I think I missed my flush draw and checkraise him to get more bets out of him. It may not be that good of a play on this board though since he may too often fold to the checkraise I think.

KDawgCometh
07-01-2005, 12:10 AM
fwiw I did bet and they all folded. I just adjusted the HH as to not give away my action. I know that this hand is pretty standard and I hate spamming the forum with standard hands, but I was wondering if there was an argument for checking to induce a bluff on this river

SippinSoma
07-01-2005, 12:41 AM
If there is, it's not a very good one. Join us in the IRC channel.