PDA

View Full Version : A small guide to 8-tabling?

Psy_Mike
06-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Gooday!

I must say, that I'm getting more and more interested in learning how to 8-table, one step at a time. However, I'm not sure how you all do it. I mean, how you find 8 games at a time of the higher stakes?

So I have a few questions for you 8-tablers:

1) Do all Party skins share the same SnGs or are there different for every skin?

2) Do you play at multiple sites and have multiple clients running when you 8-table? Generally speaking, how many different clients/skins/networks are you running on?

3) Which sites are you running on? Party Poker network I assume many of you play on, but where do you go to fill out the "missing" SnGs, if you know what I mean?

4) Do you have any tips of things to think about while starting to multitable above 4 tables? What would you wish you knew when you first started to 8-table?

Thanks in advance /images/graemlins/smile.gif

xLukex
06-30-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gooday!

I must say, that I'm getting more and more interested in learning how to 8-table, one step at a time. However, I'm not sure how you all do it. I mean, how you find 8 games at a time of the higher stakes?

1) Do all Party skins share the same SnGs or are there different for every skin?

2) Do you play at multiple sites and have multiple clients running when you 8-table? Generally speaking, how many different clients/skins/networks are you running on?

3) Which sites are you running on? Party Poker network I assume many of you play on, but where do you go to fill out the "missing" SnGs, if you know what I mean?

4) Do you have any tips of things to think about while starting to multitable above 4 tables? What would you wish you knew when you first started to 8-table?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) All the same.

2) Multiple skins.

3) Whichever ones have rakeback.

4) Do 8 tables of play money for a couple days or something, then slowly add a table at real money.

The Yugoslavian
06-30-2005, 08:02 PM
All of these questions have been answered within the last month.

Over the last several months they have all been answered like a dozen times each.

Searching for them would be the correct move for you and it's not close (learning how to use the search function being the most important one - even more important than the actually 8 tabling).

Be careful or xPuns1her will come to eat you and your family...

Yugoslav
Who thinks he should start giving weekly searching homework assignments....
PS Oh, just being extra nice in your post doesn't excuse your pathetic display of laziness...

microbet
06-30-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

4) Do 8 tables of play money for a couple days or something, then slowly add a table at real money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe party lets you multitable playmoney. So I guess you would need 8 accounts on 8 skins.

Psy_Mike
06-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Ah excuse me, I actually did try to make a search about the subject, but failed miserably. First I didn't get the results I was looking for, and when I tried again I got stuck at "http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/dosearch.php".

And I wasn't trying to be extra nice /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'll go train on my searching skills. But a crazy idea would be to perhaps make a stickied guide to 8-tabling if it's becoming frustrating with these questions? That would sort of seem like some sort of natural solution to this kind of problem. This community is so large that it needs a few of them stickied guids to these "simple" things.

Take care and goodluck! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

xLukex
06-30-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe party lets you multitable playmoney. So I guess you would need 8 accounts on 8 skins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never tried it, I was just guessing.

Oh well, go 8 table $25NL with $4 at each table. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

benfranklin
06-30-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PS Oh, just being extra nice in your post doesn't excuse your pathetic display of laziness...

[/ QUOTE ]

Laziness on this forum is mediocre at best. For truly pathetic, you have to go to the book forum. About every two days, there is some variant on the following:

1. Are there any good books on no limit?

2. When will the bookstore in Broken Bicycle, Nebraska, get HoH2?

3. What color is the cover on HoH2, so I can spot it when the bookstore gets it? (ACTUAL FREAKIN' POST!!!!)

4. Are there any good books on no limit?

5. When will Amazon have the new Barry Greenstein book?

6. If I preorder the Greenstein book from Amazon, will I get it in time to read on the plane on my vacation?

7. Are there any good books on no limit?

And the all-time championship, too freakin' lazy to even look at a freakin' calendar let alone ask Amazon, actual post:

[ QUOTE ]
if i preorder his book thru Amazon [with 1 day Air-shipping] when the release date is June 30th, will i get it June 30th or 31st? does preordering mean it goes out earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Psy_Mike
07-01-2005, 05:45 AM
Ah well thanks for the help to the first posters /images/graemlins/wink.gif

To you others I appologise, but I did try to use the search function to find what I was looking for. A friendly soul PMed me though so I'll get help that way!

Take care and goodluck /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pergesu
07-01-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gooday!

[/ QUOTE ]
Guten mrogen biatch!

[ QUOTE ]
I must say, that I'm getting more and more interested in learning how to 8-table, one step at a time. However, I'm not sure how you all do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cause it's easy, and its' the nUTS!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, how you find 8 games at a time of the higher stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]
HGo to the lobbbry and click the ish

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OI 9ta-ble wiht the cwuickness.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's all the amse. Part, Empire, MultiOPoker, EurbobEt, Intertops, it's all the same holla

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[pattywack85 on Empire and frozensanka on Mutli

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Joey, we always knw what you mena. bwahahha

See above. Multi, Empire, EuroBet, Intertops, holla

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't drink a lot. KIt'lp make you pee.

[/ QUOTE ]

MeanGreenTT
07-01-2005, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Searching for them would be the correct move for you and it's not close (learning how to use the search function being the most important one - even more important than the actually 8 tabling)....

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a search function that returns EVERY post in a thread and having to wade through all that repeat CRAP for the actual THREAD of information is a little more accurate description of the issue(s) here...helpful posts would be another /images/graemlins/wink.gif

maddog2030
07-01-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who thinks he should start giving weekly searching homework assignments....

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a great topic for the wiki (http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Sngs). You can just add the question with a link to a good post on the topic. And this way we can be like "READ THE DAMN WIKI!" instead of "USE THE DAMN SEARCH!"

maddog2030
07-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Add a "-re:" to your searches so you don't get replies to posts.

trdi
07-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Actually you forgot one of the most frequent topics:

"Are there any good books on no limit?"

MeanGreenTT
07-01-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Add a "-re:" to your searches so you don't get replies to posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you VERY much Sir, I honeslty did not know that! I help moderate a VERY large sports car forum, and thought our search function SUCKED, lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Yugoslavian
07-01-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Searching for them would be the correct move for you and it's not close (learning how to use the search function being the most important one - even more important than the actually 8 tabling)....

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a search function that returns EVERY post in a thread and having to wade through all that repeat CRAP for the actual THREAD of information is a little more accurate description of the issue(s) here...helpful posts would be another /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have absolutely no trouble finding any specific thread or topic I'm looking for. I can even find Irieguy's posts from like 3-4 years ago (*and* specific things he was posting about) where all the names have been turned 'Anonymous' /images/graemlins/shocked.gif...

I dunno, TheShadow and Lori at least know how to use the search function like pros....

Yugoslav

MeanGreenTT
07-01-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm still a pleeb (noob or baby-nuke as we used to refer to the fresh out of college gold-bars showing up to the boat for the 1st time), single-tabling the 22s on my 1st set of 500, see my reply right above yours /images/graemlins/smile.gif cheers

pergesu
07-01-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still a pleeb (noob or baby-nuke as we used to refer to the fresh out of college gold-bars showing up to the boat for the 1st time), single-tabling the 22s on my 1st set of 500, see my reply right above yours /images/graemlins/smile.gif cheers

[/ QUOTE ]
A plebe is a fourthclassmen at the Naval Academy.