PDA

View Full Version : PartyMine Public Beta v0.9

Prod1gy
06-30-2005, 07:13 PM
I have decided to release one last beta to iron out any remaining issues. This will be a public beta available to anyone who wants it. This beta will expire in 30 days as well.

Go to http://www.poker-solutions.com to download

The more interest I see in the program the more apt I will be to add more and more features.

If you like the program or it helps you win money and want to throw a donation at me you can use neteller or paypal.

Neteller or Paypal : jgaustin@austin.rr.com

Thanks, hope you guys enjoy it.

xLukex
06-30-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have decided to release one last beta to iron out any remaining issues. This will be a public beta available to anyone who wants it. This beta will expire in 30 days as well.

The more interest I see in the program the more apt I will be to add more and more features.

If you like the program or it helps you win money and want to throw a donation at me you can use neteller or paypal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going to ask you about this.

I'm digging it so far, easy to use and I like the customization.

Buuttt you really need to make it open the skins for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't care about PT though, I keep separate databases for separate limits. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice work!

bkbluedevil
06-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Wow, great stuff. How much touble would it be to make this work for sit and gos? Can we expect that in the non beta release?

APerfect10
06-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Could you please briefly explain 'Distributed Mining'?

xLukex
06-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Yes, mine SNGs, and also, for some reason, hands mined always says 0 for me.

xLukex
06-30-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could you please briefly explain 'Distributed Mining'?

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be trying to mine a bunch of different tables for a small amount of time rather than mining a smaller amount of tables for a long time.

Just a hunch based on the name.

garion888
06-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Yours looks nicer...lol
-j

Prod1gy
06-30-2005, 09:27 PM
You should be able to fix the hands mined by specifying the install directory where it outputs the observed hand history files. I am probably going to make that a requirement for the final release.

Prod1gy
06-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Distributed Mining means you can put the clients on seperate machines and mining will not overlap across those machines. This will only work in your local network and not across the internet.

Example: Machine A - Partypoker and EmpirePoker mining 3/6
Machine B - Eurobet and Multipoker mining 3/6

The clients will keep in sync across the network as to who is mining what.

I think some of the inital beta testers had multiple party accts on different machines even.

Prod1gy
06-30-2005, 09:31 PM
It probably wouldn't be too hard, I will look into it.

Nomad84
06-30-2005, 10:19 PM
I can't get it to work at all. It says "Could not start mining for EmpirePoker. Please restart EmpirePoker." Substitute other skin names as well. Same for Party, Empire, and PNow. Options is not functional either. I assumed that would be where I would turn on logging. Is this error caused by not having my skins insalled to the default directories? Is it because I'm running ME? Or is it something else?

Back to my AHK script for now...

fooz
07-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Why does it attempt to access the Internet when you run it?

xLukex
07-01-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why does it attempt to access the Internet when you run it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh!

Prod1gy
07-01-2005, 11:10 AM
It doesn't, the distributed mining code sends UDP broadcast messages on you local network telling any other PartyMine clients which tables on which skins you are monitoring.

If you don't like it, go into the options and turn off distributed mining.

It is in no way sending anything outside of your local network.

teddyFBI
07-01-2005, 11:15 AM
is this a time-limited release?
i have an old version that has no expiry date on it...

Prod1gy
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Your running windows 98 ME? Yea I am not supporting that, so I have no idea if it will run on that OS.

Prod1gy
07-01-2005, 11:23 AM
30-days, but it's probably going to be free or be very cheap when I do release it.

Probably around $10 maybe $20 if you mine 15/30 and above.

APerfect10
07-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Two options I would like to see:

1. A timer function where the program automatically closes (along with all of the tables) after X hours or at Y time.

2. An option to not close the windows when you stop mining.

Other than that, everything looks great!

eastbay
07-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Ring games only?

eastbay

ben_
07-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Why is my "Total Hands Mined" staying at zero? Do I need to do anything with PT simultaneously?

xLukex
07-01-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ring games only?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Give us NL SNGs!!!

josh1122
07-01-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is my "Total Hands Mined" staying at zero? Do I need to do anything with PT simultaneously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nomad84
07-01-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your running windows 98 ME? Yea I am not supporting that, so I have no idea if it will run on that OS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was afraid of that. Well, now you know. It doesn't work.

Subby
07-02-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine stays at zero, too - but hands are still being mined - just have to have the auto-import set up and running in PT...

Prod1gy
07-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Have this on a list of todo's, actually I want to create a full scheduling system.

Prod1gy
07-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Not sure why that would still be at zero. If you specify the directory which the observed hand histories go in it should count the total mined hands.

I will look into it and post a patch maybe.

ben_
07-02-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure why that would still be at zero. If you specify the directory which the observed hand histories go in it should count the total mined hands.

I will look into it and post a patch maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

That option is greyed out for me.

Prod1gy
07-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Sorry I told you the wrong thing, I mean set the install directory for each skin.

donger
07-02-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are the chances of THIS (simplemine fiasco) (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2775250&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1) happening with partymine? I've never used mining software, what's different here?

Lmn55d
07-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey, I've noticed one bug. I have partymine set to datamine 6max games only at the 10/20 level. It has been including 10/20 9max games as well.

Lmn55d
07-02-2005, 07:10 PM
I just realized I had accidentally downloaded beta 0.5 from the "products" section of your site. I didn't see the link on the main screen. So hopefully this problem is fixed in the new version. I'll post again if it is not.

imported_azalin
07-02-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are the chances of THIS (simplemine fiasco) (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2775250&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1) happening with partymine? I've never used mining software, what's different here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Prod1gy
07-02-2005, 08:15 PM
No idea. It hasn't happened yet to my knowledge, but use at your own risk.

baronzeus
07-05-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you using to open the tables? I think this could answer our question.

baronzeus
07-05-2005, 01:55 AM
Also, "Total Hands Mined" is stuck at 0 ATM

(Even though I specified directories)

Subby
07-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey Prod1gy -

Even though I am setting PT to save my observed hand histories, it doesn't look like that is being done in conjuction with PartyMine. Anything special that I need to do?

Thanks...I used it all weekend and am really impressed.

sthief09
07-05-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used it every day for the last 4 months on all skins without a problem

baronzeus
07-05-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used it every day for the last 4 months on all skins without a problem

[/ QUOTE ]

This answers the question I asked you in PM. nevermind.

aflaba
07-05-2005, 07:56 PM
I don't mean to be a prick.

There is a lot of new poker software getting released here on teh forum. How do you all know that there isn't any trojan or similar attached to the software?

I would like to use the data miner but I haven't wanted to take the risk.

SackUp
07-05-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There is a lot of new poker software getting released here on teh forum. How do you all know that there isn't any trojan or similar attached to the software?

[/ QUOTE ]

err virus scanner??

AliasMrJones
07-05-2005, 09:37 PM
My Total Hands Mined stays at 0 as well, though it continues to close and open tables.

PokerAce
07-05-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's common internet knowledge to scan anything you download for viruses. If you are worried about malacious code, then start using a firewall, such as ZoneAlarm that restricts applications from accessing the internet.

aflaba
07-06-2005, 05:35 AM
OK. Thanks. I thought stuff was hidable from virus scanners. It seems noone is worried. I myself am not too good with technical comp stuff but I guess there is no reason for me to be worried either. Thanks providing the software!

krimson
07-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Yes, if the developer of a poker program wanted to run a keylogger or something similar in his program he could do so without it being detected by a virus scanner. This is why you should be checking whether programs like this make connections to external IP's rather than relying on virus scanners.

Supern
07-06-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is why you should be checking whether programs like this make connections to external IP's rather than relying on virus scanners.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you check that in XP?

Subby
07-06-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is why you should be checking whether programs like this make connections to external IP's rather than relying on virus scanners.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you check that in XP?

[/ QUOTE ]
I use ZoneAlarm...

Supern
07-06-2005, 02:29 PM
I am using XP sp2 built in firewall.
Does that one cut it?

Subby
07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Wouldn't kill you to use both. ZoneAlarm does a good job alerting you to any attempts to establish a connection to the Internet. XP2 firewall...not so much.

krimson
07-06-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am using XP sp2 built in firewall.
Does that one cut it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, XP's firewall is designed to be as simple to use as possible (ie: turn it on and forget it). It will assume that any outgoing connection is allowed.

Something like ZoneAlarm or Kerio Personal Firewall will give you detailed on information about different connections being made and whether you want to allow it or not.

Supern
07-06-2005, 05:18 PM
How do you scan for keyloggers?
Keyloggers are really scary.

I guess the keylogger shows up in the Processes list?
I found Spyware Doctor 3.2 that should be good at finding these bastards.

imported_azalin
07-06-2005, 08:09 PM
I have a problem with partymine. The program seems to working
fine for some hours but suddenly it ruins my connection! I receive an error "cannot write to file" for kerio personal firewall's log and my connection stays inactive. Also pokertracker says that "cannot write to file.perhaps you dont have priviliges to write to hard disc" (i use Windows XP and of course an admin account when i log in). When i disabled kerio firewall (latest edition) my computer after some time crashed (kernell error) and - thank god - windows managed to recover from this critical error. I dont seem to get whats wrong and i would appreciate any help (btw my computer has crashed only one more time and i do take extra steps to keep it clean/safe and without too many programs installed). As, a side note the "poker hands mined" stays to 0. What directory do i need to specify? I have specified the default dir in which partypoker/empire/eurobet hands histories are saved but to no avail. Is it something special i must do in order to make it "work" with PT? (now i just have the PT up and running/mining with a timer).

aflaba
07-06-2005, 08:33 PM
thanks krimson

baronzeus
07-08-2005, 06:07 AM
Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at PartyPoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that PartyPoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program. In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account ..........................................

marand
07-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Did they say that "Party Mine" was the program that gave you an "unfair advantage"?

Are you running any other programs except PT+PAHUD/PV?

baronzeus
07-08-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did they say that "Party Mine" was the program that gave you an "unfair advantage"?

Are you running any other programs except PT+PAHUD/PV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just partymine. Got one from all the sites except Eurobet.

bkbluedevil
07-08-2005, 09:15 PM
I just got an e-mail from Party poker saying I'm using illegal software. I only run this and pokertracker, and I highly doubt poker tracker is the problem. I e-mailed them back saying this software is allowed by their agreement since it's not being used for AI and is giving me no more of an unfair advantage then Pokeredge or another program would. I guess we will see what they say. I'll let everyone know.

Prod1gy
07-09-2005, 03:11 AM
Damn sthief! Pay me something! :-)

Prod1gy
07-09-2005, 03:14 AM
Yep as long as you are not selling the data you mine to other people and using it for private use, it is not against PartyPokers T&C.

bkbluedevil
07-09-2005, 02:00 PM
I just got another e-mail from Party poker and they said the problem wasn't party mine, but rather Poker Prophecy. I suggest everyone stop using that.

goodguy_1
07-10-2005, 03:55 AM
I use it everyday. I run it 24/7 for 2 days straight and then reboot.Prodigy I just sent you a donation via Neteller.

SamIAm
07-10-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this software is allowed by their agreement since it's giving me no more of an unfair advantage then Pokeredge would.

[/ QUOTE ] Did this argument work? They banned PokerEdge.
-Sam

SamIAm
07-10-2005, 12:03 PM
bk, can you post the email? I'd like to have an email from Party saying "PokerMine is ok."

Thanks.
-Sam

teddyFBI
07-11-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just got another e-mail from Party poker and they said the problem wasn't party mine, but rather Poker Prophecy. I suggest everyone stop using that.

[/ QUOTE ]

well duh.
(sorry to be sarcastic, but it's amazing how many ppl claim to "only" be using PT and PM or PV, and then backpeddle saying 'oh, wait, i was using winholdem too', or the like)

marand
07-11-2005, 01:28 PM
After the patch today Party Mine stopped working for me on Party, but it still works on Eurobet, Empire and Multipoker (I haven't tried the other two skins).

Anyone else having the same problem or did I mess something up? Have you heard anything from Party about if Party Mine is ok with them or not?

J.R.
07-11-2005, 01:40 PM
same problem with party but partymine is working on the other skins

goodguy_1
07-12-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After the patch today Party Mine stopped working for me on Party, but it still works on Eurobet, Empire and Multipoker (I haven't tried the other two skins).

Anyone else having the same problem or did I mess something up? Have you heard anything from Party about if Party Mine is ok with them or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

hhmmm I've been using PartyMinev0.8 Beta for the last few 2-3 months with no problems at all except for its inability to tally total hands datamined.... should I hold off on uninstalling v0.8 and installing v0.9? I think I'm going to wait /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MarkD
07-12-2005, 10:03 AM
I have a feeling that partymine doesn't work on party anymore because they added two new limits. That probabably caused a bug in partymine and this is why it still works at the other skins.

teddyFBI
07-12-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling that partymine doesn't work on party anymore because they added two new limits. That probabably caused a bug in partymine and this is why it still works at the other skins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something very odd: mine also stopped working on Party yesterday (i still use 0.8 -- don't want to update to 0.9), but today it seemed to be working fine again...or at least it seemed.

Prod1gy, care to speak out on this issue? EDIT: nevermind, i just saw ur other thread.

goodguy_1
07-12-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm still using v0.8 and I was just datamining on Party with no problem.

Prod1gy
07-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Party for some reason after the update had a new column in the lobby tables called game which held the value Hold'em, this use to no be there, this is what caused the failure.