PDA

View Full Version : Party poker vs Ultimate bet vs Stars

Insomnia
06-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Which site do you find to be your favorite?
Pros and cons of each website?
I want to make an account at one of these sites and want as much feeback about the sites as possible. I will mainly be playing sit-n-gos, which is why i posted here /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I like ultimate bets slower pace, but the games seem to drag on longer, instead of partys games which seem to finish quite quickly. Also, when do you recommend I upgrade from 1 table to 2 or 4?
Any input is greatly appreciated!

Freudian
06-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Party is by far the best for restless souls. In and out in 40 minutes. Drink coffee, pee and right back with another set.

Isura
06-30-2005, 08:58 PM
I love ultimate bet for MTTs, the structure is very good, and the fields are smaller than Party and Stars. But for SNGs, in terms of profitability and enjoyement, it's Party.

SumZero
06-30-2005, 09:09 PM
What are your goals? Do you want to make as much money as possible as fast as possible? Do you want to learn to play better poker? Do you want to mess around? What is your bankroll and desired buy-in to play?

The answers to these questions will help you determine where to play.

If you want to maximize $/hour most people would say Party (I think).

If you want to play longer SNG that more often demand post-flop play against better opponents (measured against the other sites opponents at the same buy-in level) you want to play UB.

If you want to play $5 buy in (or $1 buy in) you want to play UB b/c the rake is less.

Personally I'm on UB. I originally bought in here by happenstance but I really, really, really like the longer levels, deeper chip SNG (plus the 2-7 TD ring game). Especially since I treat the SNG as recreation and practice for when I play home game tournaments of about the same size against players who are good.