PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars 2/4 hand - River play

synthtrance
06-30-2005, 06:35 PM
Villain seems tight-aggressive in the 100 or so hands I played against him. I remember when I took a look at his stats, he had about 45% WTSD and 0 of 8 W$SD

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero...?

augie00
06-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Fold. But I fold too much.

jjacky
06-30-2005, 08:32 PM
normally i would fold, since this card is an overcard and completes possible straight and flush draws. but against a player with stats like that i would call and hope for the best. other stats would be useful too.

Grease
06-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Well, I wouldn't put him on a flush draw, since he just check/called the whole way (don't you think he'd make a play at the pot with that?)

[censored], I can't really put him on a hand at all. C/c, c/c, bet is for TPNK OOP, but that really doesn't apply here. I'm stumped on this one. I think he would have let you know if he had a 10 earlier in the hand, so I really have no clue.

I would call for info and because the pot is decent and because he could bluff this river scare card. I'd fold to a LP.

Am I off base here?

mscags
06-30-2005, 09:18 PM
I think this is a pretty clear fold IMO. That is the worst card you could have seen. Over card, flush and straight draw completed. I don't see what he bets into you with that you can beat besides a J or a complete bluff.

TrippH
06-30-2005, 09:32 PM
I would likely fold here unless there were something about the particular opponent that made me think he could bluff in this situation ... I can't see a hand he could legitimately think is good that doesn't beat the queens ... as for what to put him on, I think there are a number of possibilities, especially out of the big blind ... there are a few different hands I would maybe play the same way in that position -- slowplaying trip 10's is possible, I think a flush draw could be played this way, especially since you raised pre-flop (he could not have wanted to lead out on the flop and turn for fear of being raised and having to pay more for his draw ... I prefer playing flush draws this way against aggressive opponents), I wouldn't even rule out AA, not wanting to re-raise pre-flop with 2 limpers and a raise in front, figuring the action will be there later and not wanting to commit more chips than necessary until seeing the flop, knowing that there will probably be 3 opponents drawing against it (then the bet after 2 10's on the flop slows him down, concerned about trips, until the ace on the river fills him up) ... all in all, I would expect the most likely hand to be Kx of spades