PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks - Please be careful.

player24
06-30-2005, 06:08 PM
It is a national tradition for Americans to celebrate our independence with Fireworks displays.

Many/most of these displays are implemented by qualified professionals in a legal and public manner - and these displays are, buy and large, entertaining and safe.

However, if you choose to organize/attend a private fireworks demonstration - please be careful.

Fireworks can be dangerous. Use discretion accordingly...espicially when children are involved.

Happy Independence Day. Be safe.

player24

Boris
06-30-2005, 06:26 PM
thanks mom.

renodoc
06-30-2005, 06:40 PM
If you blow your eye up on the 4th anywhere near me, please don't go to the hospital until the 5th when I won't be on-call.

Thanks.

[censored]
06-30-2005, 06:41 PM
You forgot "and knowing is half the battle"

kipin
06-30-2005, 07:04 PM
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9325/themoreyouknow6nc.jpg

stanky
06-30-2005, 07:07 PM
You mean I can't stick a M-80 in her pooper?

Luv2DriveTT
06-30-2005, 07:51 PM
1) My uncle lost his hand unrolling firecrackers and stuffing them into a metal pipe on the 4th of July. Not the smartest thing he could have done, was it?

2) I was at a fireworks display when I was a kid, the guys who arranged it were members of the NYC bomb squad, it was a lot of confiscated materials. My father got scared because we were too close and moved us away. Lucky he did, a big rocket tipped over and exploded where we were sitting... the family of one of the bomb squad members were severely scorched, one broke his leg (don't ask me how, I don't recall).

OK, thats my happy story for the day. Now go blow something up to honor your country.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Alobar
06-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Im driving to the border tomorrow to buy a bunch of these (not legel here). So not only will I be playing with fireworks on the 4th, I will be doing it illegally!!!! (and drunk too)

stanky
06-30-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(and drunk too)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any other way? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You gonna pick up any whistling bungholes, spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or a whistling kitty chaser?

The Goober
06-30-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You gonna pick up any whistling bungholes, spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or a whistling kitty chaser?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I haven't laughed so hard in a while. I love "honkey lighter" and "whistling kitty chaser"

Pocket Trips
06-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I have had a more than healthy fear of fireworks since my aunt took me thru chinatown on the 4th of July on the bicentennial (1976 for you young 'uns)

The main problem was that she took me in her convertable with the top down and every crazy chinaman in NYC was aiming all sorts of flaming projectiles at our car as she drove through.... not a fun expererience!