PDA

View Full Version : ****Official WSOP ME MTT Forum Fantasy League

SossMan
06-30-2005, 05:59 PM
I totally ripped this idea from the WPT forum (who ripped it from FCP) but (no offense to the posters in that thread) most of the posters over there are a bunch of wackos. I know that there have been a bunch of last longer bets on here and we're all pretty friendly, so I think the logistics could work out.

$25 per participant

Pick 20 players
Scoring is simply based on amount of $ won in the ME.

***Rebuy option***
Get another 25 players for $25

Payout is based on the Stars payout schedule.

Send your share to "JJProdigy" at stars if you want in.

I think that PMing picks would be best and we can post them once all the picks are in.

Post in this thread if you are interested.

MLG
06-30-2005, 06:01 PM
totally.

TheTimeIsUp
06-30-2005, 06:02 PM
I would be willing to collect the money for this. I also would like to play.

JJ

A_PLUS
06-30-2005, 06:16 PM
No doubt.

I should be a favorite after everyone else feels obligated to put themselves 1st, and Im not playing

billyjex
06-30-2005, 06:22 PM
i'm in

bugstud
06-30-2005, 06:24 PM
is it legal to list someone 50 times

SossMan
06-30-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

since you only get a maximum of 45 players, I would say no.

(that and you have to have 20 (or 45) different players)

fnord_too
06-30-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't like your rebuy structure. (I am assuming no one in this forum is stupid enough to not rebuy. Why not just call it $50 for 45 players, or make a rebuy structure that is a decision, like $25 for 25 players, $25 for an additional 5 players.)

SossMan
06-30-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or make a rebuy structure that is a decision, like $25 for 25 players, $25 for an additional 5 players.)

[/ QUOTE ]

who would do that?

SossMan
06-30-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your rebuy structure. (I am assuming no one in this forum is stupid enough to not rebuy. Why not just call it $50 for 45 players, or make a rebuy structure that is a decision, like $25 for 25 players, $25 for an additional 5 players.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I would rebuy. I don't necessarily think that I have an edge in picking who will do well, and I don't particularly relish flipping coins for $50.

MLG
06-30-2005, 06:58 PM
really...it has to be $100 then?

SossMan
06-30-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
really...it has to be $100 then?

[/ QUOTE ]

why? is tipping dealers involved?

bugstud
06-30-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

never specified different in the OP, which is why I asked. Just needed to know if I needed to list Gavin 45 times and try to gamboooooooool all my money back on one shot /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I am probably willing to do this but I wonder how many people list 2+2'ers for extra lap dances once they cash as opposed to pros.

MLG
06-30-2005, 07:01 PM
no, a roulette wheel.

SossMan
06-30-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

never specified different in the OP, which is why I asked. Just needed to know if I needed to list Gavin 45 times and try to gamboooooooool all my money back on one shot /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I am probably willing to do this but I wonder how many people list 2+2'ers for extra lap dances once they cash as opposed to pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

My prediction of Bugstud's picks:

Jamal Lewis
Ricky Williams
Phil Ivey
Kevin Jones
Duece McAlister
Miami John
Corey Dillian
Priest Holmes

SossMan
06-30-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no, a roulette wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch, that hurts.

bugstud
06-30-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamal Lewis
Ricky Williams
Phil Ivey
Kevin Jones
Duece McAlister
Miami John
Corey Dillian
Priest Holmes

[/ QUOTE ]

this is funny on so many levels

SossMan
06-30-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamal Lewis
Ricky Williams
Phil Ivey
Kevin Jones
Duece McAlister
Miami John
Corey Dillian
Priest Holmes

[/ QUOTE ]

this is funny on so many levels

[/ QUOTE ]

what? the fact that Ricky Williams and Phil Ivey are back to back on the list

puff puff pass puff puff pass

nolanfan34
06-30-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamal Lewis
Ricky Williams
Phil Ivey
Kevin Jones
Duece McAlister
Miami John
Corey Dillian
Priest Holmes

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't ask him to trade any of those guys.

augie00
06-30-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm in.

freehat
06-30-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm in

fnord_too
06-30-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I would rebuy. I don't necessarily think that I have an edge in picking who will do well, and I don't particularly relish flipping coins for $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would take 20 opponents versus (most likely) everyone else's 45? That's crazy talk. The "Average" expectations is like 9700/entree? (300 Juice here? Whatever, scalar multiples don't matter.) 5 extra people would put you expection up 20%. Drop that a little since we are all expert handicappers /images/graemlins/wink.gif, and 26-30 will have lower expectation than 1-25.

You say you don't like coinflips for $50 but you don't mind flushing $25?

bugstud
07-01-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamal Lewis
Ricky Williams
Phil Ivey
Kevin Jones
Duece McAlister
Miami John
Corey Dillian
Priest Holmes

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't ask him to trade any of those guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you want a starting rb, you gotta offer me something a little more than a backup wr for me

a raptor-esque "holla" here almost seemed appropiate. Besides, I did deal McGahee for Andre Johnson.

Sluss
07-01-2005, 07:31 AM
I'm in. Have to defend my title. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SossMan
07-01-2005, 12:34 PM
So far I have the following players:

SossMan
MLG
TheTimeIsUp
A+
Billyjex
Bugstud
Fnord2
RobinVentura
Augie
Freehat
Sluss

I think we should transfer money on stars since everyone probably has an account. TheTimeIsUp has offered to hold the money. I'm fine with that so long as everyone else is, too.

I will give the thread a few more days for more people to join and will set a deadline of Tuesday the 5th. If the people who are in want to PM me their lists now, that would be fine.

And for simplicity sake, we will just do 25 players for $25. No rebuys.

-SossMan

fnord_too
07-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Sounds good. I am fnords on PS, what is TheTimeIsUp's screen name there?

z32fanatic
07-01-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm in this as well. Great idea whoever thought this up.

dmk
07-01-2005, 03:05 PM
count me in, i'll probably have to PM you my picks on Tuesday because i'm leaving for a 4th of july weekend vacation right after work. i'll get 'em in on time though (as well as the $)

TheTimeIsUp
07-01-2005, 04:21 PM
My Stars screenname is "JJProdigy".

IHateKeithSmart
07-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Count me in.

allinbaby
07-02-2005, 01:02 AM
count me in

Degen
07-02-2005, 01:28 AM
i'm in thurr

i don't have a stars acct, only PP/Empire...can i pay somebody cash who is in vegas?

PM me a cell # and location and i'd be glad to meet up, i'll be playin at Wynn tomorrow night, Bellagio tonite

---one problem tho, and sorry to be a cynic...but isn't it a little unfair that the person gathering the names gets to see all the picks first, and then presumably makes there own? seems like it'd be very difficult NOT TO have a bunch of 'oh yeah!' picks in there...

TheTimeIsUp
07-02-2005, 01:30 AM
We're going to make an official thread for payments, rules, etc.

Bare with us.

SossMan
07-02-2005, 02:09 AM
I was thinking that...I will PM my picks to TheTimeIsUp right now. That way he will only have mine (and we all know that he won't want to copy those)

good point.

Degen
07-02-2005, 02:55 AM
ok sounds good

no offense, i'm sure you're an honest guy...but having gone to a 'research university' i'm always seeing 'selection bias's' everywhere lol

thanks